More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 06:14:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Downtown lots not loading
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downtown lots not loading  (Read 3514 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Downtown lots not loading
« on: 2005 November 30, 01:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had lots that either worked fine before or ones I was trying to visit for the first time.  The loading screen finishes, then I hear talking, and all of the outside noises but the screen goes on and on and never loads the lot.  In debug mode it said there was an error with Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator.  This happing to anyone else?  I can get into the lots ok with build mode.  It doesn't matter if the visiting sim arrives by car or taxi or is from the downlown area or main hood.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Downtown lots not loading
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 30, 02:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Crammyboy's normal clothing on community lots hack, be sure to download the Clothing Event Fix: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1299.0  That was my problem, the clothing event fix fixed it though~
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 30, 03:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which lots are the problem? Is it the house of the fallen trees, the LuLu Lounge? (There is a third one that I never seem to remember.)  There have been a couple of threads about this problem. I'm too lazy to search for you, but try searching using LuLu Lounge or threads by Trepie or me - we both posted in the last thread about this problem.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 30, 08:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it's 2 lots I did myself and one from Sims Connection.  I bulldozed the ones I made.  I might have to look into that crammyboy hack.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 30, 10:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there's a set of lights that conflict with something in NL and cause lots not to load.  There was no fix when I read it.  The info is somewhere here on MATY so  search you ought to find it.  I think it's in the middle of a v.long bug thread about NL or the patch, so click to go to the post not the thread.

edit - here it is - and I note it refers to another thread or 2.  mutters - does anyone search...  mutter,,, mutter
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1415.msg47929#msg47929
« Last Edit: 2005 November 30, 12:25:05 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 30, 11:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had lots that either worked fine before or ones I was trying to visit for the first time.  The loading screen finishes, then I hear talking, and all of the outside noises but the screen goes on and on and never loads the lot.  In debug mode it said there was an error with Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator.  This happing to anyone else?  I can get into the lots ok with build mode.  It doesn't matter if the visiting sim arrives by car or taxi or is from the downlown area or main hood.

I've had this problem quite a few times myself; a lot would load just fine then 'hang' on the loading screen when I have other sims visit it later Sad. I could hear doors opening and closing and sims going about their businesses all sounding very cartoony as if the game was being played at Ultra-Speed, but all I could see is the loading screen. I've even had a PIP pop up in the bottom right corner of the loading screen on different occasions  when a fight broke out on the community lot I was trying to visit, watched the fight in its entirety and still, all I get is the loading screen.

I didn't have debug mode on when these happened, but there was one time I had my sims visit the oresha-cham family diner, and the service NPCs kept spawning in the public washroom and acted like they were trapped in the room. I got worried when they kept on spawning in the tiny room,  my sims were heading toward bladder desperation and wouldn't use the toilet because they couldn't shoo all those NPCs out, so I turned on debug mode and got something like the 'Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator' error message, saying those NPCs "couldn't leave". I didn't have Crammyboy's Clothing Event Fix at the time, can't remember if I've already got the Normal Clothing hack in the Downloads folder though.

Prior to starting on NL, I've visited most of the community lots in Buy Mode just to see if they would load okay, especially those that I could see from the neighbourhood view that has a pool so I could replace the pool lights, there didn't seem to be a problem until they were put into play. I didn't have much fancy stuffs in my downloads (save for makeup and a few windows/doors meshes), the hacks found here and another handful (like Merola's mind control mirror and simlogical stuffs) from other websites, I've read about the LuLu lounge and House of  Fallen Trees, but this problem doesn't seem to be related to those 2 threads Undecided.

I haven't had this problem occur again after starting on a fresh game (*knock on wood*), but everytime I visit a community lot, I keep my fingers and toes crossed that this loading screen thing doesn't happen Undecided.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 30, 23:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy's Clothing Event mod seems to have fixed the problem.

BTW I did see those posts beforehand cwykes and they had nothing to do with what was happening to my game so don't be such a smartass dick with me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: