More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 06:19:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fix needed for Nightlife nannies leaving way to early
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fix needed for Nightlife nannies leaving way to early  (Read 19055 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Fix needed for Nightlife nannies leaving way to early
« on: 2005 November 27, 21:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help we need a fix for the stupid nannies that leave the Job several hours before a parent arrives home from work.. in my game today My Sims Colleen and Sean Tricou  hired a nanny to take care of their  toddler Daughter. Daddy is Captain Hero and Mommy is on the Swat team so of course neither parent was due to be home until 4 p.m. or later.
  My Sim Mom put her toddler down for a nap Just before leaving for work. the Nanny Dagmar Kimbrell arrived on time no problem there so Mom went to work. the nanny was there for less than 2 hours when she walked off the Job leaving this toddler unattended. I hurried  up and Teleported  Grandpa in to take care of the  toddler. he was doing a great Job  but to no avail first the social worker showed up to lecture grandpa about leaving the baby unattended .I cancelled that action and removed the social worker from the lot.
  another social worker arrives and snatches the toddler from Grandpa who was teaching her to walk. so back to the shrub I go and teleport this toddler back to her parents lot and move her back in.
     I then had to go to simpe  and remove  the child taken by social worker memory from both parents.
 I have since permanently  fixed the issue for this toddler by hastily getting her aunt married to her Fiancee to open up a bedroom at grandpa's house which already had 15  people in it  and now has 18 on the lot with the
  addition of the toddler and her parents . and will soon have 20 sims on the lot.
      for this little family Grandpa's house corrects the issue of the derelict nanny but other families dont have that luxury in my neighborhood. I got even with the nanny by using a hack to make her pregnant with twins by townie Kennedy Cox.I will teleport her twins to Don Lothario's house for unwanted babies where he will promptly adopt them. I dont want my playable sims to continue to lose  their kids because of derelict nannies like this one.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Fix needed for Nightlife nannies leaving way to early
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 27, 22:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second this request!

When the parents are at work, I have to select the nanny with Merola's mirror, and delete each 5 minutes the nanny's car tumbnail, appearing near the queue tumbnail, which causes her to cancel her occupation, and goes to the car. When I hover over the car tumbnail I read - "bail autonomy".

If I don't do that, she leaves the baby/toddler/kid, and as Bangel described, and I have to look for a solution.

My solution is, to teleport one of the parents (not another nanny or relative), and 5 minutes before the time he/she has to come from work - delete her from the lot.

Indeed, very annoying.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 27, 23:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I you dont like nannies try the nanny painting from here they never raid the fridge they dont need anything at all.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62777&highlight=allinone
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 27, 23:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be a problem with the nanny's car-does it ever leave the lot? I have had problems with the car always being stuck there-but usually that means I have 2 nannies on the lot at the same time that never leave! Angry

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 27, 23:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be a problem with the nanny's car-does it ever leave the lot? I have had problems with the car always being stuck there-but usually that means I have 2 nannies on the lot at the same time that never leave! Angry

The car is leaving after the nanny comes. But when the "bail autonomy" tumbnail appears, and the nanny makes preparations to leave - the car appears at the lot.

Meek, I need the nannies - and in my game they don't need anything; I have eternal mood object, which makes all the residents and guests/NPCs full green and in platinum mood. So, the problem is not the nannies' needs - it's the "bail autonomy" tumbnail that has to be fixed.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 27, 23:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll let someone more awesome than me help you  Grin  Hope you get it fixed real soon  Wink

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 28, 00:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never used Nannies much until recently.  I have a single working father with two handsome young sons....I want the nanny employ not just to keep the social worker away (there are hacks for that), but for the story line as well.

What I've noticed is that she doesn't adjust to schedule changes.  When the Dad gets a promotion, I have to end her services and rehire another nanny.  So far, if I do that, she comes when she is supposed to and leaves when she is supposed to.

Don't know if that will help, Banglenuts....the nannies certainly are screwy (btw, I always read your name as bagelnuts...took me weeks to figure out there was no potential cream cheese involved.  Grin )

P.S. What IS it with half cooked lobster dishes all over the house *tears hair* and young children who have to bake their own muffins in a plastic oven if they want to eat after school....

*** edit ***

doh, it occurs to me that directing you to the no social worker abuduction patch would be a good thing until this gets straightened out for you.

It's Inge's!

http://simlogical.com/

You can find it under "global patches"  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 November 28, 00:34:42 by windy_moon » Logged

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 28, 00:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The car is leaving after the nanny comes. But when the "bail autonomy" tumbnail appears, and the nanny makes preparations to leave - the car appears at the lot.

Meek, I need the nannies - and in my game they don't need anything; I have eternal mood object, which makes all the residents and guests/NPCs full green and in platinum mood. So, the problem is not the nannies' needs - it's the "bail autonomy" tumbnail that has to be fixed.
that's exactly the problem I had  that nearly cost my main family one of their Toddler's.it was only Inge's shrub that saved the little toddler from going to some strange family

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 28, 00:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I was editing my post while you were posting...want to make sure you don't miss my edit with a link to Inge's social worker hack.

If only I thought of everything before I hit "post".   Tongue

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 28, 00:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is the toddler that the derelict Nanny nearly cost my family her name is Janet and she is being held by her Mommy.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 28, 01:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a beautiful toddler, I wouldn't want to lose her either! I love her hair. Smiley

My nannies aren't leaving early, but I have a problem with a second nanny showing up as the first one is leaving! The parent's are already home, so there is no need for the second one.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 28, 01:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a beautiful toddler, I wouldn't want to lose her either! I love her hair. Smiley

My nannies aren't leaving early, but I have a problem with a second nanny showing up as the first one is leaving! The parent's are already home, so there is no need for the second one.
I got her hair from pronusims. her daddy was the first to arrive home and he was crying his eyes out thinking shein the social workers hands. when grandpa had already retrieved her.in fact grandpa was finishing up teaching her to walk  while her Dadddy was in the shower. I had to direct daddy to his toddler  so he would quit crying.
  Ive had the  2 nanny bug . I had to dismiss them to get rid of them. Id rather have that bug instead of the derelict nanny.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 28, 01:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hopefully someone will create a fix for you and everyone else with the derelict nanny problem. My problem is just a nuisance, whereas yours is much more than that, obviously.  Undecided

Thanks for letting me know where you got the cute hair, I'll have to check it out. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 28, 01:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They dont want to seem to stay overnight either. I had a preganant sim trying to get some shut eye after work while the father went off to his ecological guru career (he is the one that hired her to track HIS schedule). The nanny split after about half a day once she got home and left a very tired pregnant mom to fend for herself and the toddler in the middle of the night.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 28, 03:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had this happen to me.

The nanny was scheduled to be at the house from 8 AM to 4 PM according to the work schedule of the sim to contacted her.  She showed up at the proper time.  After everyone had left for work, there was only the toddler left at home that she was looking after.

2 PM rolled around and her van showed up and she left the house with the toddler sleeping in his crib!

Luckily no social worker showed up before 4 PM when the parents came home!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 28, 03:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that problem too Maria.  I find I end up having to delete the Nanny-Mobile with moveobjects on or I'll get an unending stream of nannies coming and going.

One time, in the Broke house, I had Brandi marry a single father, Matt Riffraff, father to children Kayla and Layla.  Dustin still had his criminal career, Beau was a child and Brandi's third boy Brady had just been put in the cot.  After a great wedding party, Brandi and Matt took off on their honeymoon and Dustin left for work.  Panic set in until I remembered that children could call the nanny, so Layla did so just after Dustin left.  As Brady fell asleep, I got the message that it wasn't a good idea to leave him unsupervised.  That's ok, I thought, the nanny's on her way.

WRONG.

The Social Worker rocked up and took all four of the kids at home, then when Brandi and Matt arrived home several game hours later they sobbed for ages about the loss of the children, and then just as Dustin arrived home, the nanny finally rocked up.  I could have cheerfully strangled her.

<insert witty comment here>
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 28, 04:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hopefully someone will create a fix for you and everyone else with the derelict nanny problem. My problem is just a nuisance, whereas yours is much more than that, obviously.  Undecided

Thanks for letting me know where you got the cute hair, I'll have to check it out. Smiley
your welcome and the little toddler in the picture is one of 4 toddlers in my Main Family her cousin is equally as cute this is  Denise being held by her Grandpa Denise is Janet's Cousin.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 28, 04:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Sim is really good looking.  Grin  Is it one of Brynne's?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 28, 04:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's Joe! Or do you mean the toddler? No, she's bangel's. lol
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 28, 04:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I meant the adult.  I want him too.

*heads over to get it*
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 28, 04:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Sim is really good looking.  Grin  Is it one of Brynne's?
the Grandpa? yes that's Joe  he isone of Brynnes sims that she sent me .he is the grandpa to both toddlers.The toddler he is holding was born in my game to Brynne's sim Josh and a Sim I created  named Maria. Denise is their First Born. Janet is Colleen's Daughter .Colleen of course is one of Brynnes

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 28, 04:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's Joe! Or do you mean the toddler? No, she's bangel's. lol
wahhh I feel left out no one wants my toddlers Grin

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 28, 07:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch was supposed to fix all these nanny issues and mine have behaved impeccably since I installed it.  In fact, they're so well-behaved they've become predictably boring.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 28, 07:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" if I ever heard one LOL
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 28, 09:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch was supposed to fix all these nanny issues and mine have behaved impeccably since I installed it.  In fact, they're so well-behaved they've become predictably boring.

Is there a patch for nannies?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: