More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:26:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting pictures from the neighbourhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting pictures from the neighbourhood  (Read 11569 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Deleting pictures from the neighbourhood
« on: 2005 November 24, 21:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have taken a few pictures of various things in my neighbourhood, and rather than deleting them one-by-one in the story editor, I was wondering if I can just go into the storytelling folder and delete them that way?

I mean, I'm sure it can probably be done, but does it have any adverse side effects in the game?
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Deleting pictures from the neighbourhood
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 24, 21:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine, provided you delete the thumbnails as well. (and also provided that they're not in the neighbourhood story at all. I think.)

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 24, 21:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can safely do it that way, you will need to delete both thumbnail and jpg file (when you do it ingame it deletes both automatically).  Just be careful about what you delete since the thumbnail of the family picture you have in the neighborhood are saved in that folder too (you know the loading family picture when you clic on a lot and load it).  Just make sure you don't delete those.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 24, 22:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK cool, thanks guys.  Smiley
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 24, 22:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can safely do it that way, you will need to delete both thumbnail and jpg file (when you do it ingame it deletes both automatically).  Just be careful about what you delete since the thumbnail of the family picture you have in the neighborhood are saved in that folder too (you know the loading family picture when you clic on a lot and load it).  Just make sure you don't delete those.
I delete thumbnails all the time the game takes a snapshot of all the families in the neighborhood and a thumbnail. you can safely delete the thumbnails of the family but dont delete the snapshot.its the snapshot the game goes by when loading the family not the thumbnail.
  I have a house with 12 sims in it there were 15 but 3 teens just left for SSU and the family dynamics are changing constantly as Family members get married and babies are born into the family etc.... as a result I never get the same loading screen twice for the family.
  My Brynne Sim Married  the pixelated  hottie Justin in my game last night so this morning when I open the game and go to load the house  on the loading Screen is Justin,Val(Brynne) Joe,Jude ,Jory,Josh,Maria,Joel,Jordan, and Denise. the prior loading screen didnt have Justins sons instead it had  two of his brothers and his daughters.
   I never Know who will pop up on the loading screen for that house.its different every time

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 24, 22:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, don't delete any of the snapshots?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 24, 22:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, don't delete any of the snapshots?
not from the story telling folder  . inside the  game in story editor its fine but not in the folder in the  My  Documents EA Games folder

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 24, 22:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is the family Icons of my Huge family that includes Brynne.hence why my loading screen is subjct to change

Jewel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 25, 00:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is the family Icons of my Huge family that includes Brynne.hence why my loading screen is subjct to change

How do you get that many sims in one house?  And why?  I am ripping my hair out with two parents and two kids and you have 12!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 25, 01:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when I took that Photo there were 15 living in the house currently there are 12 in the house as full time resident's Justin's 3 teen son's left for  SSU this morning and are now YA's. however as I stated poplation in the house as full time residents is alway's subject to change and one of the ladies in the family Panel is now pregnant with twins which will push the population in the house to 14 when they are born in a few days.
  I have a Hack that alows for more than 8 sims to live on a lot.it's called lot full of sims from MTS2. I teleport the sim I want to add to the house with inge's bush and have a family member propose move in.
   I enjoy playing this house  immensely  They are my main Family in the neeighborhood.all other families not related to this family exist as supporting  families to keep intermarriage from occurring at present this family cosists of three households containing 21 family members total. and 2 house holds where the mistress's of the Patriarch Romance sim . . the Misstress's are Bella Goth and Brandi Broke who have a total of 5 children in my hood from the Patriarch.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 25, 01:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Bangelnuts for that update, I was at work when I wrote that message and completely forgot about the snapshot files.  I did not knew though that we could safely delete the thumbnail of the families it is nice to know.

Nice someone was here to correct me.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 25, 02:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Bangelnuts for that update, I was at work when I wrote that message and completely forgot about the snapshot files.  I did not knew though that we could safely delete the thumbnail of the families it is nice to know.

Nice someone was here to correct me.
your'e welcome

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 25, 02:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know... I delete pics from the storytelling folder that I don't use all the time.  I've never had a problem with it. Then again, I rarely use the storytelling features... usually I take pics of sims for avatars, or items I've made.  None of those stay in the game files.
I've never had any problems.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 25, 03:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know... I delete pics from the storytelling folder that I don't use all the time.  I've never had a problem with it. Then again, I rarely use the storytelling features... usually I take pics of sims for avatars, or items I've made.  None of those stay in the game files.
I've never had any problems.
the  snapshots that are crucial are the ones  the game takes of each playable family not the ones we take.

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 25, 03:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right... I never touch those.  Too much turkey I think dulls the brain... LOL

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 25, 04:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right... I never touch those.  Too much turkey I think dulls the brain... LOL
Grin I think your right my brain is pretty dull right now

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 25, 04:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hearing everyone talk about turkey makes me want some...

*goes back to her chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwich*

Cry
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 25, 04:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hearing everyone talk about turkey makes me want some...

*goes back to her chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwich*

Cry
aah I love grilled cheese sandwiches .But I wouldnt want the grilled cheese aspiration Grin

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 25, 05:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  I'm not even supposed to be eating cheese - I'm lactose intolerant, but screw it. I'll worry about it tomorrow.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 25, 05:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lasagna last night and grilled cheese tonight? And you're lactose intolerant?
Girl...
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 25, 05:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 25, 18:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even use the snapshot feature anymore. I use Gadwin Print Screen, a fantastic program.

GadwinPrintScreen is the best FREE capture program out there: http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

The best parts:

You can save to jpg, the best pic format, IMHO.

You use the rectangle feature to only take pics of a certain area, allowing you to cut out the red box that shows you are on pause or queued up actions.

You can tell it which folder to save your pics to.

It is small and runs in the system tray.

It allows you to save a pic as a certain size.

It also shows you the pic you have taken BEFORE it saves it so you can make sure you like it. You can turn this feature off.

You can tell it to save the file with a certain name, and add the date/time/etc. So my pics are saved by Family NameFirstInitial-Date-number  Or PoindexterB-09-25-05-001 or PoindexterB-09-25-05-002 if it is the second pic taken, etc.

You can tell it to automatically open the pic with a certain image editing program you specify.

BUT you need to play in windowed mode for the program to work best.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 25, 18:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh cool tip.  Thank you.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 25, 22:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually use Paint Shop Pro for screen captures, but I'll certainly give this one a try.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 26, 00:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the  snapshots that are crucial are the ones  the game takes of each playable family not the ones we take.

Right. And those ones aren't in the Storytelling folder.

As far as I know, you can delete whatever you like from the Storytelling folders without a problem - even while the game is running. I much prefer this to deleting photos from the internal story editor, because that is buggy once you have more than one "page" of photos. Far too many times I've had a photo on the screen - up on the viewer AND also highlighted, hit "delete", confirmed it - and a completely different photo has been deleted. It's much safer to delete it myself in Windows Explorer, where there is also the Recycle Bin as backup if I'm having a stupid moment Cheesy.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: