More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:52:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?  (Read 43891 times)
garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: How about a no-clog or reduced-clog toilet global?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 12, 13:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey database

Do you have any other stuff that you have done? I am always interested in downloading more stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 12, 20:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

database, I think we're as close as we're going to get this side of Milkshape.  The next step is to create something that would work in the game and see if JM likes it.  I'd recommend starting with the expensive pot from the game and especially preserving the location of the seat and the flush handle.

A couple of other sims fan artists are sniffing the bait, too, so we might have end up with a nice selection of artists' interpretations of the JM Pescado 600-Caliber Mangum Loo.  To me, that sounds like a good thing.

I'd take a shot at myself but I've not yet developed any expertise with Milkshape or making Sims 2 objects, and I'm kinda swamped with such trivialities as the system spec for a real-life atmosphere quality monitoring system.  (Darn real life; it keeps getting in the way of the important stuff.)
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 13, 10:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a go...not quite done yet (need new GUID, d'oh!, and remapping)

Here's a screenie:

What do you think Huh
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 13, 20:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it looks pretty neat!  It's a little difficult to see the detail in that little image.  It looks a lot like what I think JM was describing, although having the main body of the toilet extend all the way to the wall (eliminating that hard-to-clean area behind the toilet) seemed to be a key feature.

Have you tested out the animation on the toilet seat?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 August 13, 21:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need a new GUID. Just give some arbitrary GUID. When I start hacking the object, it will be given a real guid. Just it 0xF005BA11.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 August 13, 21:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Side note: One other key advantage of the "600 Caliber Magnum Loo" is that it lacks the "plumbing bug" that apparently afflicts some poorly-done real-world homes. Flushing the 600 Caliber Magnum Loo has absolutely no effect on the shower. You can't even connect the 600 Caluber Magnum Loo to the same lines as the shower, because if you did, anyone turning on the shower would get their skin ripped off! Not that my shower isn't already high-pressure and does do an impressive job blasting skin off as is.

Maybe somebody would like to do the 600 Caliber Magnum Shower. Complete with reinforced bulletproof doors, internal gun locker, and a forceful blast that'll scour you clean (and raw, if you don't have thick skin). Made for blasting the month of accumulated grime and dirt off of me on the rare occasion I actually bathe. People with small feet should keep their legs away from the drainhole, lest they get their leg caught on it and break a leg, and then we'll have to shoot ya. One more reason for that internal gun locker.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 August 14, 05:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case anyone is interested, Morague just made a "No Clog Toilets in Dorms Mod" over at VS.  You can find it here:

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?threadid=1902
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 August 14, 14:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case anyone is interested, Morague just made a "No Clog Toilets in Dorms Mod" over at VS.  You can find it here:

Thats Uni Dorm specific ... not a global no/reduced clog patch .... of course this thread isn't about that anymore either.  Huh
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 August 14, 19:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but I thought it would help at least, because I feel like veilchen said above, students living in a dorm shouldn't have to pay to get their toilets fixed or spend their time unclogging them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 August 14, 20:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the answer here is that you need a University Maintenance Worker, an NPC who functions sort of like a combined repairman and maid, except that he doesn't clean up your books or your food (because the cook does it), he just fixes and cleans the showers and the terlets.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 August 14, 20:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about all those students who need mechanical skills?  Unclogging the loo is a good way to get them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 August 14, 20:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but I thought it would help at least, because I feel like veilchen said above, students living in a dorm shouldn't have to pay to get their toilets fixed or spend their time unclogging them.

Also true .. but I was hoping for a no/reduced clog global patch to reduce/eliminate clogs for people (even us 2nd class citizens without Uni) with large multi-bath lots whether it be a mansion, apt house, or "dorm style" buidling.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 August 14, 23:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about all those students who need mechanical skills?  Unclogging the loo is a good way to get them!

That's true ZZ, but I don't have any CAS-YA's, they are all in-game borns, and by the time they get to university (if I decide to let them) they have all their skills maxed anyway. Even if I would decide that I wanted to send NPC teens to college, I would probably move them into a PC household first and skill them up. I want the scholar-ship money.

A "janitor" NPC would be a good idea, but a universal 'no-clog' toilet for neighborhood and sub-neighborhood is really what I would like to have. I'm getting sick and tired of the damned clogged toilet. I just moved a sim ouple into a brand new house, with brand new furniture, and the darn loo clogged up that same sim-evening. It wasn't even one whole sim-day old.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 August 15, 03:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also true .. but I was hoping for a no/reduced clog global patch to reduce/eliminate clogs for people (even us 2nd class citizens without Uni) with large multi-bath lots whether it be a mansion, apt house, or "dorm style" buidling.
Yes, perhaps we might still get one. Smiley  Morague said there is a line that checks if the lot is a dorm.  Perhaps that could be turned off somehow?  I'm not a modder, but perhaps it wouldn't be too difficult.

I agree, a janitor, custodian, or whatever politically correct title they are using nowadays, would be great.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 August 15, 04:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Danny has an NPC "janitor" included with the DMA Sims Starter Pack (which is free) at http://www.valdea.com/

She does gardening and fixes things, but spends most of her time taking up space and watching televison. She doesn't clean things, though; more of a handybabe than a janitor.  If you want her to stick around, you need an NPC bed for her, which means editing a dorm.

So in turn, if you want to learn how to modify a dorm, see Carrot's "Dorms!  Dorms!  Dorms!" tutorial,  here:
http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4237

Hmmm... it really might be easier to just install the mod that keeps the toilets from clogging. 

Alternatively, the next time it clogs, instead of using the plunger, reach into the shower stall and see what's available in the way of fully automatic weapons.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 August 15, 05:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I rather wait and see what JM comes up with. I'm not too fond of the idea of having yet another NPC around. Yeah, yeah, but paranoia can be fun Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 August 15, 05:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have mentioned that the only one of Danny's NPC's I play with these days is the cook.  Now that the gardener comes every day, the "janitor" is rendered largely superfluous.  Mostly, I don't want household servants cluttering up my living room and burning up machine cycles.

What I *really* want is a maid you call to do shift work in the evenings, to help out with big parties (like weddings) and getting caught up on sundry unnatural disasters; and then go home.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 August 15, 06:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fine, here it is: Less broken plumbing.

Now go get it, and leave me in peace. And somebody was supposed to volunteer for the meshy type dealy. Do I have start picking random people to be banned until that person comes forwards?
« Last Edit: 2005 August 15, 06:34:59 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 August 15, 06:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be "database" who created a first cut at an actual object for the game. 

See: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=165.msg9934#msg9934

sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 August 15, 10:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for all those peeps that avoid variousimmers you can find the same hack at mts2 ...search morague and it is dorm and no dorm.

even though this topic has diversed a lot from the no clog toliet Grin

sasha

Whoever said it is better to love than to never have loved at all never had the good fortune to the love the people I have loved!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 August 15, 10:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sunair sims have a toilet that looks something like the one you describe? Maybe they'd be amenable to sharing?
http://www.sunairsims.net/

[attachment deleted by admin]

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 August 15, 11:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really similar, no. That one has a kind of delicate look to it that mine lacks. Mine looks solid, chunky, imposing. Nearly without exception, it is a convex object.

Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 August 15, 11:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it looks pretty neat!  It's a little difficult to see the detail in that little image.  It looks a lot like what I think JM was describing, although having the main body of the toilet extend all the way to the wall (eliminating that hard-to-clean area behind the toilet) seemed to be a key feature.

Have you tested out the animation on the toilet seat?

Soooo....the object's fine? I just need to extend the pipe then? And too late - already given it my own GUID. Yuk yuk. Please don't ban me...but you can rip my lips off!

Edit: Pipe, thingy at back. Check!
« Last Edit: 2005 August 15, 13:17:33 by database » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 August 15, 17:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can de-register GUIDs on the SimPE website.

Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 August 15, 17:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that mesh OK?

And I don't care - I'll deregister it after you've hacked it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: