More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 09:07:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Chemistry of Attraction...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Chemistry of Attraction...  (Read 25400 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The Chemistry of Attraction...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 23, 22:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure I'll marry Justin! Sim me is single!

I'm getting her packaged up right now as a matter of fact.
Justin could use a shoulder to cry on his boy are close to leaving for uni with Xander and the four teen girls. so 3/5 th of his kids will be gone.empty nest syndrome is about to bite Justin.Lexi and Tiffany will be home for a while yet they are still kidsanother thought just occurred to me you would actually get to live with Josh and Joe if you marry Justin in my game Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 23, 22:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmmm...that depends on how good you are, slave boy.

And people thought the Senate Chambers were boring. Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 23, 22:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they have the truth now, Hook. 

Sim Brynne is in Peasantry.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 23, 22:56:31 by Brynne » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 23, 23:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they have the truth now, Hook. 

Sim Brynne is in Peasantry.
Justin is eagerly awaiting your arrival in Romance City

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 23, 23:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not nearly as much as I am, Bangel... Wink
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 24, 00:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not nearly as much as I am, Bangel... Wink
well here ya go  you are engaged to Justin

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 24, 00:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick. Brynne must be a hell of a karaoke singer.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 24, 00:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that was quick. Brynne must be a hell of a karaoke singer.
actually they both are.Justin and Brynne had instant 3 bolt Chemistry. after barely Saying Hello.
            Justin Rolled the want to be engaged to Brynne during their First Date.So I made him selectable .
     I looked at his fear and how much he had to gain by popping the question and he had more to gain than
     lose so I let him propose  . she said yes. now she just has to wait for Justin to go Perma plat to marry him.
       it wont be long though because he goes perma plat with his next promotion.

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 24, 00:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To answer the original question, I am pretty sure they are sorted by level of chemistry--either that, or it's totally random. I just looked at the chemistry panel of one of my sims--she has two bolts for six different guys, and her LTRs with them are 79, 90, 84, 96, 0 and 0, in that order. Only one of them is on the lot (the 79 one) and he doesn't live there. She also has three one-bolt guys, and her LTRs with them are 9, 0, and 73, in that order--none on the lot.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 24, 01:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin, I wonder what Brynne's real life husband would say, should he see this.

If I understand correctly, the lightening bolt crossed out means that they are not attracted to that particular sim in the least, even less so than to sims without any bolt. So how come one of my sims has the crossed out bolts in the relationship panel picture of the sim he's not attracted to, but he 'wants' to 'talk to Ms. X', 'flirt with Ms. X, 'give backrub to Ms. X'?

Not only that, but those wants are continuously coming up, cluttering the wants panel. More Maxis sillyness?

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 24, 01:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What hubby doesn't know won't hurt him...lol.
Veilchen, I'd put money on the maxis silliness.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 24, 01:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin, I wonder what Brynne's real life husband would say, should he see this.

If I understand correctly, the lightening bolt crossed out means that they are not attracted to that particular sim in the least, even less so than to sims without any bolt. So how come one of my sims has the crossed out bolts in the relationship panel picture of the sim he's not attracted to, but he 'wants' to 'talk to Ms. X', 'flirt with Ms. X, 'give backrub to Ms. X'?

Not only that, but those wants are continuously coming up, cluttering the wants panel. More Maxis sillyness?
my guess in your case would be Maxian stupidity at its height Tongue as to what Brynne's husband would say what he doesnt know cant hurt him LOL Grin   I simmed My Hubby and made him a Romance Sim and showed him his sim self and he laughed about it
« Last Edit: 2005 November 24, 01:24:26 by Bangelnuts » Logged

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 24, 01:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A crossed-out bolt means that one Sim is attracted to the other, but it isn't reciprocated.  To find out which way round it is you need to get them to "Check Sim Out" to see who has the pink hearts and who doesn't.  I've had several couples where the bolt was crossed-out and just one quick change made it jump to 3 bolts.  Often it's because one doesn't like the other's zodiac sign, or they hate their hair colour, or something like that.  Only when there are no bolts at all, crossed-out or otherwise, does it mean there's no attraction on either side.

Your Sim is definitely attracted to Ms. X, but something is blocking the attraction from her end.  You'll have to work out what it is and sort it out, should you want to.  That way you'll find out how many bolts they have and whether it's worth pursuing.  If not, you can always go back to how it was before.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 24, 01:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Bangel, I wonder if he would laugh if you were the romance sim and carried on in maxis' idea of 'romance' Grin.

So Val, what aspiration do you prefer? Don't pick family, there are absolutely NO family sims in my game, and they are personas non grate in perpetuity. (Note: this is a personal preference only; my motto: whatever floats your boat, just don't hurt another living being)

Ah, so it's maxis logic: I'm not in the least bit attracted to you fellow, nay, even repelled at the mere thought of attraction... boy, I can't wait to jump yer bones.

Ancient, that's just what puzzles me, they are mutually crossed bolt sims.

I had one sim (the Burb guy) fight and break up with his wife. They are now enemies both are in negative relationships, they don't live together, and Jennifer (?) continually steals his paper and kicks his can, but he still gets those 'flirt, talk, backrub' wants with her. (How did they start fighting? Well how should I know... maybe I misaimed when I clicked the socialize-friendly/romantic button in the macro menu... accidentally...completely accidentally....ahem).
Anyway, that I can partially understand, maybe some residual feelings or whatever. I haven't played the ex-mrs. yet, so I have to find out how she feels, but I take the can kicking, paper stealing, and furious bubble as a hint.

KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 24, 01:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the bolts, they are always mutual - two sims will have the same number of bolts for each other. If any tweaking gets done, then both will display the new chemistry, because the chemistry is the average of attraction between two sims. So if the bolt is crossed out, it means that there is negative chemistry between them, not that there just isn't any and are neutral, they actively do not like each other at all, on average.

Velichen, with a teenage boy I too found him wanting interactions with another sim who he has negative chemistry with! The other sim is turned off by fitness though, and is not turned on by anything about the teenage boy. 

I'm putting it down to "sims don't always know who's good for them". Kinda like real life on occasion... sometimes people can be very stupid in recognizing when someone isn't good for them.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 24, 01:38:01 by KnightSkyKyte » Logged

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 24, 01:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Bangel, I wonder if he would laugh if you were the romance sim and carried on in maxis' idea of 'romance' Grin.

I dunno  since in my game My Hubby is single and with  his sim looks he is likely to stay that way Grin

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 24, 01:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both bolts WILL be crossed-out until you solve the problem of what's blocking the attraction.  I don't know why Maxis made it that way, they should have done it so that it was only blocked for the one who didn't fancy the other, but they didn't.  Honestly, it's definitely right, try altering something and watch what happens.  Check their zodiac signs (some combinations are pointless insofar as one is attracted to one and that one is repelled by the other) and ditto the aspirations.  Also check the turn on/offs.  Ms X may hate facial hair or something else your Sim has.  I guarantee you that if you sort it out, at least one lightning bolt will mysteriously appear.

As I said, I've had it go from crossed-out to 3 bolts on more than one occasion.  It happened with the teenage Cassandra Goth and that white-skinned downtownie teen in my new Pleasantview.  She kept bringing him home and he was always trying to flirt with her but she didn't want to know.  As soon as I altered one thing, the crossed-out bolts became 3 bolts and Cassandra couldn't get enough of him. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 24, 01:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, OK. I'll experiment with that. Not the first time the Prima guide was wrong!

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 24, 01:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play myself as a Pleasure seeker. I like my pajamas, and I like to jump on the couch. Anything fun, nothing productive.  Wink
And hetero.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 24, 01:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok, I now understand. I thought that only the not attracted one would have the crossed bolts. I have to go in and try that one out. Thanks for the information. I was going at it logically, silly me.

Posted by: KnightSkyKyte
I'm putting it down to "sims don't always know who's good for them". Kinda like real life on occasion... sometimes people can be very stupid in recognizing when someone isn't good for them.

That would be me trying to talk some sense into my 17-year old daughter, Knight Grin

Edit: cause I missed Brynne's post. You can be my very first pleasure sim then. I have monique's computer, any objections to working from home writing articles for a magazine/paper?

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 24, 01:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play myself as a Pleasure seeker. I like my pajamas, and I like to jump on the couch. Anything fun, nothing productive.  Wink
And hetero.

Brynne, what the dickens does this post have to do with this thread? 

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 24, 01:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Ancient, it does look a bit disjointed the way Brynne and I posted those doesn't it? She has a Brynne-Sim, I want to 'attract' her to one of mine, and I wanted to know her preferences. Always corteous, that's me.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 24, 01:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I get for ignoring the "warning three other replies have been posted..." thingy.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 24, 02:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And hetero.
in my game you are a popularity sim with max playful points and definitely hetero.you also are engaged to marry a sim with money. at last check Justin's assets total around a 1,000,000 simoleons with the house and furniture and everyone working except Jordan,Denise,Lexi and Tiffany.Josh,Jacob and Shellie are all celebrity chef's Justin and Jamie are coaches when they go back to work they will become hall of famers. Joe is an MVP in the atletic field.
   Maria is a vice squad officer .. so tons of simoleons roll in the door daily Josh,Jacob and Shellie are Perma Plat Justin will go Perma Plat when he becomes a hall of famer.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 24, 02:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Velichen, with a teenage boy I too found him wanting interactions with another sim who he has negative chemistry with! The other sim is turned off by fitness though, and is not turned on by anything about the teenage boy. 

I think it has more to do with the fact that the sim-attraction engine is basically bolted onto the game and isn't correlated to the rest of it at all, like the want chain system (sims always progress from "Talk to" to "Flirt with" for anyone of compatible gender orientation, period, by default). All other factors are completely ignored.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: