More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 01:37:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The whole adopting children business.
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The whole adopting children business.  (Read 36181 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: The whole adopting children business.
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 23, 05:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were you desparetely seeking for Marsha Bruenig?

......funny you should mention that.

This couple were downtownies I de-aged and sent through Uni.  I assume both were close to the top of their careers because they both had a lot of friends and had a lot of skill points already.  And one of their friends is Marsha...

Lol, this surely makes my day...  Tongue
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 23, 06:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the Ancient one that Marsha turns out fine....(how could I butcher her name like that, must write Marsha Bruenig 10 times for pennance).... I was just stalked by her so much the first month that I had the game and had no hacks that it would take a lot for me to voluntarily put her back in play. 

Remember what that was like, no phone hack, phone ringing constantly and it is always Marsha calling for people she hasn't even met yet? (I may be wrong there, but I swear she called Sims she'd never even met.)  There's outgoing and then there's, cough, restraining order desperate. 

I love adopting Sims.  This is most likely because I'm partial to adoption stories.  I'm adopted myself in RL and my husband adopted my two children after I was widowed when they were very young.  Smiley

Never complain about how fugly any of them are.  The most fugly Sim child I have, and she's well nigh on horrid, is game born of two of my CAS Sims.  Ghastly and I only have myself to blame.

Now Ancient is making me feel guilty that I've had Marsha stuck in some orphange for many Sims years.....

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 23, 07:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost forgot how annoying Marsha was as she's been teen in my neighbourhoods forever. I've made her Family or (heh heh) Popularity, but she's really just the semi-decent default girl that will put out for anyone. Good for a first kiss, or whatever else they want at the time and then discarded for someone else.

I used the tombstone of L&D to generate new kids and egads! Never again. Later felt bad and put them in the pool, but it's all I can do to play them fully zoomed out. Early on, I tried the adoption thing, and got 3 Marylenas in the same home, as if the 2 already in the neighbourhood weren't enough.

One of the first things I do is create a pretty adoption pool. Either a single parent in CAS, or a lot with 6 pretty Sims, the Insiminator, Teleport shrub and twojeff's trip/quad mod and poof, pretty babies. All ties severed and they're packed off in a decent outfit at the peak of cuteness. Former parents have their memories wiped, are given jobs and added to the townie pool.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 23, 07:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, that's why in every neighborhood, I make a family with one adult and 7 attractive children/toddlers, then kill the adult and let the pretty kiddies be put into the adoptive pool. That way, I can adopt a few times with a guarantee of a good-looking child.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 23, 08:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, that's why in every neighborhood, I make a family with one adult and 7 attractive children/toddlers, then kill the adult and let the pretty kiddies be put into the adoptive pool. That way, I can adopt a few times with a guarantee of a good-looking child.

Gasp!  Wink

Death is so not necessary!  Can be accomplished bloodlessly with the shrub!

I heart Inge's shrub. 

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 23, 08:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gasp!  Wink

I heart Inge's shrub. 

The shrub scares me. I'm too afraid I'll mess my game up.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 23, 08:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gasp!  Wink

I heart Inge's shrub. 

The shrub scares me. I'm too afraid I'll mess my game up.

First of all, I'm teasing about the death thing...people should play their own game the way they want. 

As far as the shrub goes, don't be afraid in the least.  I'm sure that there are potential issues (as there are with any hack or certainly any Maxis object, can you say radio controlled car)...but I use the shrub constantly with nary an ill side effect at all.

Most most most excellent.

(I understand you shouldn't try to mess with dead people with it, so I never have.)

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 23, 09:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But seriously, my funniest adopted Sim story was when I got a cute little red haired toddler called Jordan.
I cooed at him like you would any Sim baby, but when he turned into a toddler he had ugly dread/braid hair (which though looking good on darker sims IMO looks silly on white ones) so I sent him to the mirror to change them and lo and behold was I shocked to find out that Jordan should have been Jordana!

Okay, I've looked for the mirror that allows you to change toddlers' hair, but I haven't managed to find it. Do you know where it came from?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 23, 10:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've looked for the mirror that allows you to change toddlers' hair, but I haven't managed to find it. Do you know where it came from?

On MTS2.  It says testing, and doesn't have Nightlife clicked, but I have it and it seems to work just fine.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 23, 10:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to adopt child aged kids so I don't have to deal with the baby and toddler hassle. Adopting is also very handy for dealing with those have 10 children wants.
If I wanted to adopt an ugly baby (hey, they must be up for adoption for a reason!), I wouldn't pick one older than toddler. Child-adoptees tend to be...well, mentally deficient, to be generous. And the last thing I'd want is an ugly, RETARDED baby.

I don't worry too much about their looks, even though I haven't gotten any that were too terribly bad yet, because I give every sim plastic surgery at some point. I find even two nice looking sims can have something funky about their kid. Most times I just try to refine features and Gigge-ize them (smaller eyes, face up a bit higher, lips less wide etc) but sometimes certain features between two sims do not mix well. Any sim auto generated by a Maxis template automatically gets some sort of sort of surgery from me also.
Every single sim gets the simsurgery? Man, that's harsh. I haven't put a single sim through that. I like 'em as nature intended, and if they turn out hideously ugly....well, that's life. At least if they're from my sims, I know that there's still not-ugly in their gene pool. Townies, though...well, let's just say that I don't call my neighborhood "Chernobyl Farms" for nothing.

Killing the adult results in a junk character file gumming up your neighborhood. Bad. What you could do is simply mindwipe everyone, sever all family ties with the thingamajingus, and then use the adult for some other purpose.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 23, 11:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Killing the adult results in a junk character file gumming up your neighborhood. Bad. What you could do is simply mindwipe everyone, sever all family ties with the thingamajingus, and then use the adult for some other purpose.

When I've done it this way (single parent method) I've severed family ties, wiped their memories, then either thrown them to the townie pool (using the shrub, or in PE) or reverted them to an adoptable age and added them to the adoption pool.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 23, 12:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I've done it this way (single parent method) I've severed family ties, wiped their memories, then either thrown them to the townie pool (using the shrub, or in PE) or reverted them to an adoptable age and added them to the adoption pool.

Okay, that's well nigh on brilliant, reverting the adult's age.  Heck, people who didn't want to use the shrub, could probably get the social worker to come by just doing that!

Will definitely try it the next time I need kids.  I'm full up with potential adoptees at the moment.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 23, 17:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm not advisable because you end up with an overload of useless files gumming up the game. what I do if I want pretty toddlers and kids in thhe adoption pool is create a parent with an overload of kids and use inge's bush to adopt out a few. it places those toddlers and kids in the adoption pool. or if I know that I need more than a couple of children in the pool I have teleported in townie kids done surgery and placed them in the adoption pool.some of the townie kids are well worth fixing up a bit and placing them in the pool.
  Chloe  Gonzaga with minor nose surgery turns out  drop dead gorgeous when she Transitions to teen.,Marsha turns  out  gorgeous with out surgery just  a new hair do.
    I have also made a CAS Parent with Seven Kids  and Placed them in the neighborhood .then aged the single parent to elder and gone into SimPE and given the elder one day to live .tthus ensuring a "natural" death due to old age and preventing an overload of useless files

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 23, 17:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On MTS2.  It says testing, and doesn't have Nightlife clicked, but I have it and it seems to work just fine.

Thank you so much!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 23, 18:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My situation is resolved.  I used the teleporter shrub, warped her in, put her up for adoption, and the social worker brought her by.

And Marsha makes three.

Now for my next little project.  Someone is going to have to get friendly with Mr. Big because I want him to move in and find his own place.  Then he can start a family with the Diva.  Of course, I will be motherloding or familyfunding the crap out of him.  Because he's Mr. Big you know.  He should be filthy stinking rich.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 23, 18:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Marsha makes three.

** runs screaming **

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 23, 18:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trepie, is that your lesbian couple? lol! In my game the girl with the blonde hair, hat and glasses(Alyn or something like that), is married to one of my Legacy sims and the dark haired sim (Elise somethingorOther) in your pic, is married to Nervous Subject. Too funny.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 23, 18:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah!  Yeah, this is in Pleasentview.  In Strangetown I'm trying to get the blonde haired one married to Vincund Curious.

The dark haired one is also married to Nervous Subject in my game.   Shocked  Small world we live in...
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 23, 20:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah!  Yeah, this is in Pleasentview.  In Strangetown I'm trying to get the blonde haired one married to Vincund Curious.

The dark haired one is also married to Nervous Subject in my game.   Shocked  Small world we live in...

We'll have to exchange pictures when they have kids. Wink She's a very pretty sim, especially for a Maxi-made one, I actually haven't changed one thing about her, highly unusual!

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 23, 21:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm not advisable because you end up with an overload of useless files gumming up the game. what I do if I want pretty toddlers and kids in thhe adoption pool is create a parent with an overload of kids and use inge's bush to adopt out a few. it places those toddlers and kids in the adoption pool. or if I know that I need more than a couple of children in the pool I have teleported in townie kids done surgery and placed them in the adoption pool.some of the townie kids are well worth fixing up a bit and placing them in the pool.
  Chloe  Gonzaga with minor nose surgery turns out  drop dead gorgeous when she Transitions to teen.,Marsha turns  out  gorgeous with out surgery just  a new hair do.
    I have also made a CAS Parent with Seven Kids  and Placed them in the neighborhood .then aged the single parent to elder and gone into SimPE and given the elder one day to live .tthus ensuring a "natural" death due to old age and preventing an overload of useless files

How is that any different from what I do? You're still making a parent and children. You're still making extra characters.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 23, 21:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is that any different from what I do? You're still making a parent and children. You're still making extra characters.
The game unlinks the character files when a sim dies. "parent" becomes a miniscule ghost file at that point. the children go into the adoption pool.when a sim calls to adopt a child  or toddler the child or toddler that just entered the adoption pool is the first one out to the new parents. the game simply adds the new parents names to an already existing file for that child or toddler.no new file is created.better to have a miniscule non game affecting file than a character file which is quite large gumming up the game. thats the difference. my sim toddlers and kids are literally orphans when the social worker picks them up

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 23, 22:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trepie, I like Marsha very much, but never moved her in.

Will you be kind to show us the Teen Marsha, the Student Marsha, and the Adult Marsha?

May be that will convinse me to move her in (I don't need adoption, I have "moveinall").

Thanks.

...windy_moon, don't run screaming...Smiley.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 23, 22:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand... mindwipe? Sever ties?

It probably involves SimPE, right? No thanks, that thing is way too overwhelming. I'll just accept the loss of my neighborhood if I have to.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 23, 23:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to think the same thing now I love SimPe.I have gottensims from Brynne that are all family members in her game but of course arriving in mine they have no clue that they are related . Sim PE allows me to link them and set appropriate Memories for them

I don't understand... mindwipe? Sever ties?

It probably involves SimPE, right? No thanks, that thing is way too overwhelming. I'll just accept the loss of my neighborhood if I have to.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 23, 23:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are hacks that will do it too. I know you can sever ties via the Insimenator and I think one of the spawned objects with testingcheatsenabled on will do it too. Carrigon had a bottle that wipes all memories.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: