More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 21:54:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The whole adopting children business.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The whole adopting children business.  (Read 36121 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: The whole adopting children business.
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 24, 00:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I've done it this way (single parent method) I've severed family ties, wiped their memories, then either thrown them to the townie pool (using the shrub, or in PE) or reverted them to an adoptable age and added them to the adoption pool.

Briliant idea. I've only just found out about the agesimsthingwhatever and I have reverted a few elders back to adult (just being curious), but I've not thought of that yet. I should have, ZZ is reverting NPC's she hates back to babyhood (I think all of the nannies she has are babies. That way they can't just show up and bug her, poor ZZ had a huge nanny invasion happening once). She's been doing it for a while, so it's not as if I never heard of it before. I usually just wipe them, unlink them, and throw them into the townie-pool as adults. I'll try that one as soon as I can though, it gives me an extra non-adult.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 24, 01:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question 101:

Why wipe them?  When they are adopted via the social workers, they come with no memories.

Huh

I'll take the extra step, if recommended, I'm just curious. (And what about the 7 kids I put in the adoption pool already without wiping?  A number of these are out and about having been adopted into my Sims families.)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 24, 02:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why wipe them?  When they are adopted via the social workers, they come with no memories.
It's the same reason you wipe and magnetically erase a hard drive before selling it. Even though the buyer will reformat it again anyway, YOU NEVER KNOW!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 24, 02:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I actually did one of those kill the mom with 7 kids families and had the social worker come so I could adopt designer kids and there was a bug where somehow the link did not get severed. Tongue It was annoying because the adopted parents weren't recognized.

It's like going to the bathroom, better to wipe than be sorry later.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 24, 05:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so thankful for TJ's havechildnotadopt and his pregforallgenders hacks... the gay couple I made are drop dead sexy, and I really, really wanted to see what kind of offspring they'd have (somehow, whilst they are attractive, none of the genetic kids generated as a result are quite as attractive as the parents... and they've had 8 of them...)

However, it avoided adopting fugly townie kids; I did try the "make 7 attractive kids and one adult, kill adult and then adopt attractive kids" once - but discovered TJ's hack not long after, so hopefully, one killed off adult won't be too bad.... it's been nearly a year, so hopefully I avoided the BFBVFS *crosses fingers*

The plastic surgery reward object has been a godsend for ugly adopted ones, though (the first two). What's with the tiny slitty eyes and hugely wide nostrils you could park a truck in and are long enough to make Pinocchio feel inadequate anyway?

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 24, 06:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like going to the bathroom, better to wipe than be sorry later.

*bursts out laughing*

Yeah, but don't you guys shake more than you wipe?

back on topic quickly before the whole damn thread goes to hell in handbasket

Okie doke.  If Motoki and the awesome Pescado say I should wipe, I will learn to wipe!  It's either that or do laundry over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 24, 18:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, it's better to be safe than sorry and the only time I had a problem was when I actually let the Social Worker take a toddler away (I'd never seen it and was curious) Once adopted, all he wanted was to see his biological mother, though she was in his relationship panel as 'best friend' only, her subsequent children turned up as siblings until I finally severed the ties and wiped his memory. (Carrigon's bottle works well for anyone too timid to use PE - I use the InSiminator to sever ties and age if I want to do it in game)

I don't actually kill the parents anymore, I did once or twice, but prefer adding them to the adoption pool. I did try breeding 2 gay Sims but I'll admit, their child was far uglier than most of what Maxis had given me, plus, they didn't seem to recognize him as their child (spin any wants towards him)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 24, 20:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, it's better to be safe than sorry and the only time I had a problem was when I actually let the Social Worker take a toddler away (I'd never seen it and was curious) Once adopted, all he wanted was to see his biological mother, though she was in his relationship panel as 'best friend' only, her subsequent children turned up as siblings until I finally severed the ties and wiped his memory. (Carrigon's bottle works well for anyone too timid to use PE - I use the InSiminator to sever ties and age if I want to do it in game)

I don't actually kill the parents anymore, I did once or twice, but prefer adding them to the adoption pool. I did try breeding 2 gay Sims but I'll admit, their child was far uglier than most of what Maxis had given me, plus, they didn't seem to recognize him as their child (spin any wants towards him)
I have 2 gay male parents I am thinkig about letting have a child together.
   Im not sure when though as the couple has 4 toddlers in the house right now.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 25, 00:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try breeding 2 gay Sims but I'll admit, their child was far uglier than most of what Maxis had given me, plus, they didn't seem to recognize him as their child (spin any wants towards him)

That's interesting - I never had this problem with them - they keep wanting to snuggle their bub, and later, to play, snuggle, potty train etc. their kid & never lost interest in it as it grew up... they were both family aspiration, not sure if that makes a difference, though. I use the havechildnotadopt and the preg for all genders hacks TJ did, and I only have JM's and TJ's hacks with two exceptions (Inge's 4-keys lockable door and Targa's machine).

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 25, 13:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting - I never had this problem with them - they keep wanting to snuggle their bub, and later, to play, snuggle, potty train etc. their kid & never lost interest in it as it grew up... they were both family aspiration, not sure if that makes a difference, though. I use the havechildnotadopt and the preg for all genders hacks TJ did, and I only have JM's and TJ's hacks with two exceptions (Inge's 4-keys lockable door and Targa's machine).

I don't use preg4all, this was my only male/male birth and only because I was curious. Shouldn't have done it, one of the dads was 5th gen Legacy heir -  (or would have been except he decided he liked boys) he was product of several generations of ugly Maxis Sims.
They were Knowledge and Finance, they spun nothing towards their birth child, but they adopted from the pretty baby pool and spin wants for the adopted one all the time, maybe like myself they just aren't interested in ugly kids... heh heh.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 25, 15:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was using testing cheats to get my same gender sim pregnant, they still spun up wants for the baby. They even spun a "have a baby" want on *top* of the adoption one they already had (eventually I let them adopt too - at that point, I didn't know I needed a hack to fix it). One was family, and I don't remember what the other was. Finance maybe. But then, sometimes my heterosexual parents aren't interested in their natural-born (or adopted) kids either. They did tend to lecture when he needed a diaper change tho (poor kid) and have "change diapers" in their fears. Dumb parents. One of them was the George MacCarthy (or whatever his name is) townie and the other was a CAS sim and the baby was pretty cute - not great, I can't really make good sims, but decent-looking.

Unsouper
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 25, 15:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have uninterested parents too, but these were more like oblivious. My game is full of glitches, this one was fairly minor. I expect it will disappear if I ever get it cleaned out and install the EPs.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 25, 18:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use preg4all, this was my only male/male birth and only because I was curious. Shouldn't have done it, one of the dads was 5th gen Legacy heir -  (or would have been except he decided he liked boys) he was product of several generations of ugly Maxis Sims.
They were Knowledge and Finance, they spun nothing towards their birth child, but they adopted from the pretty baby pool and spin wants for the adopted one all the time, maybe like myself they just aren't interested in ugly kids... heh heh.
I find, especially in Maxis made families, that they don't spring up many wants for their first child it is usually for the second and third then if they have more,they start losing interest.  Of course there are exceptions,one out of three games Cassie actually took full interest in her child.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 25, 19:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find, especially in Maxis made families, that they don't spring up many wants for their first child it is usually for the second and third then if they have more,they start losing interest.  Of course there are exceptions,one out of three games Cassie actually took full interest in her child.
odd but you know you are right I used to play pleasant view and  the wants were alway for the second kid in the maxis families

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 25, 20:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe custom neighbourhoods are different from the presets (which I haven't played much) because I've had a gazillion kids in my custom neighbourhoods and this is the only set of parents I've had who have never spun a single want towards one of their children. I mean, they're not all kid focussed, but this couple represents the only time I've ever had a Finance or Knowledge parent not spin a want for private school the second the kid transitioned.  Again, this isn't a big deal (though now I'm almost tempted to shut down the game so I can load that neighbourhood up and check them out again)

I guess the other variable is that they were so much older than most of my first time parents. And they never did spin a want for kids, I just gave them one because my Knowledge Sim had been maxed skill and top of career so long and had nothing to do but pine for his husband while he was at work that he was starting to get a little dull. They were so uninterested in him that I had them adopt a sibling for company and suddenly, they were loving parents (but still not to their biological kid)

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 26, 03:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

II guess the other variable is that they were so much older than most of my first time parents. And they never did spin a want for kids, I just gave them one because my Knowledge Sim had been maxed skill and top of career so long and had nothing to do but pine for his husband while he was at work that he was starting to get a little dull. They were so uninterested in him that I had them adopt a sibling for company and suddenly, they were loving parents (but still not to their biological kid)

that's sad for their first born and Biological child

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 26, 06:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is sad, but he can't read their minds and I direct them to give him attention.

They're pretty frisky though so the boys are very good at occupying themselves with skill building while 'dads' are busy in the other room which accomodating their wants would be 4-5 times per day. It's all good, they'll be max skill before teen.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 26, 12:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is sad, but he can't read their minds and I direct them to give him attention.

They're pretty frisky though so the boys are very good at occupying themselves with skill building while 'dads' are busy in the other room which accomodating their wants would be 4-5 times per day. It's all good, they'll be max skill before teen.
I have a toddler who loves his xyllophone so much that he already has 8 creativity points.I play with aging off in my game so I get to know the quirks and oddities of my sims.
 for the most part since the little guy has already been potty trianed and is walking and talking I let him play with whatever toy he wants.I interrupt him for daddy time and eating of course. once he is max skill on the xyllophone I will try and steer him to another toy
 It's hard at times to make sure the little guy gets his social time as there is a baby in the house as well that is his cousin
 and shares the nursery with him and in about 50 sim hours  he will have 3 newborn cousins join the nursery.his cousin that is a baby will be getting a new sibling and his Uncle Justin and Aunt Val are Having Twins.of course these are alll Biological children to their parents including this little guy.
  I worry most about his social time because his Mommy and Daddy Divorced 2 days after his birth. and Daddy is raisiing him . His Daddy is a perma plat popularity Sim.His cousin Denise's parents are a Perma Plat Romance Sim for a Daddy and a Family sim for a Mom. while his cousin's parents are married  and provide the traditional  two Parent family.he only has daddy as mommy never bothers to visit him.its almost like she would rather forget he exists.I have thought about having Daddy either meet someone and remarry or adopt a child to give little Jordan a sibling
 However your post about the biological child being ignored has made me rethink the Idea of adoption.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 27, 13:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a toddler who loves his xyllophone so much that he already has 8 creativity points.I play with aging off in my game so I get to know the quirks and oddities of my sims.
 for the most part since the little guy has already been potty trianed and is walking and talking I let him play with whatever toy he wants.I interrupt him for daddy time and eating of course. once he is max skill on the xyllophone I will try and steer him to another toy

I have thought about having Daddy either meet someone and remarry or adopt a child to give little Jordan a sibling
 However your post about the biological child being ignored has made me rethink the Idea of adoption.

I wouldn't worry about it if the dad is spinning wants already. It wasn't that they stopped caring about their ugly kid when the adopted one came along, they'd never spun wants towards him. I just assumed they were more interested in each other than kids until they adopted one and treated him the way normal sims of their aspirations would.
The biological one was born using the technology of the InSiminator, and as I'd never used that method for a single gender birth, I just assumed it may be a glitch with that.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 27, 14:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have thought about having Daddy either meet someone and remarry or adopt a child to give little Jordan a sibling

I wouldn't worry about it if the dad is spinning wants already. It wasn't that they stopped caring about their ugly kid when the adopted one came along, they'd never spun wants towards him. I just assumed they were more interested in each other than kids until they adopted one and treated him the way normal sims of their aspirations would.
The biological one was born using the technology of the InSiminator, and as I'd never used that method for a single gender birth, I just assumed it may be a glitch with that.
ok godd because Daddy has always spun wants toward his son, and he is a popularity sim not a family sim.it was kind of cute in the nuraery Daddy was dog tired so I told him to go to bed but no he went running to the nursey to tend to his child anyway.I had to cancel out his Idea as plenty of adults were already there  changing 3 diapers and feediing 3 newborns while 2 other adults were putting his toddler and his neice in the high chairs to be fed and a 6th adult was standing there in the midst of all that activity eating a bag of chips. these have to be the most attentive Sim's I've ever seen when it comes to babies ,toddlers and children. and the funny part is  only 1 of the adults is a family sim. the rest are Popularity and Romance.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 27, 14:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I worry most about his social time because his Mommy and Daddy Divorced 2 days after his birth. and Daddy is raisiing him . His Daddy is a perma plat popularity Sim.His cousin Denise's parents are a Perma Plat Romance Sim for a Daddy and a Family sim for a Mom. while his cousin's parents are married  and provide the traditional  two Parent family.he only has daddy as mommy never bothers to visit him.its almost like she would rather forget he exists.

I've found that in my households where only one of the parents actually lives with the child, the child will only spin wants for the parent he is living with.  The fathers raise the children almost exclusively in my game.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 27, 14:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I worry most about his social time because his Mommy and Daddy Divorced 2 days after his birth. and Daddy is raisiing him . His Daddy is a perma plat popularity Sim.His cousin Denise's parents are a Perma Plat Romance Sim for a Daddy and a Family sim for a Mom. while his cousin's parents are married  and provide the traditional  two Parent family.he only has daddy as mommy never bothers to visit him.its almost like she would rather forget he exists.

I've found that in my households where only one of the parents actually lives with the child, the child will only spin wants for the parent he is living with.  The fathers raise the children almost exclusively in my game.
Jordan only spins wants for Daddy and occasionally one of the other relatives in the house . he never spins Mommy wants.Denise on the other hand spins wants for both her parents probably because they are both in the home.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 27, 15:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer single parents, particularly Romance dads (though I do seem to derive perverse pleasure from giving in to the occasional Family mom's multi-kid want and punishing her by making her actually care for all those kids- this is surely the ADD kicking in -heh heh)
Single parent kids only spin wants for the parent raising them, though I did make a mistake of letting Romance dad become best friends with his twins while visiting and that changed things (boo)
I hate toddler wants in 2 parent homes. I prefer 1 parent, toddlers are taught to potty/talk/walk then left to skill. I have someone make a stash of smartmilk so my toddlers pretty much spend their toddlerhood in a room building skills and only getting talk/play/snuggle so they can spin skill-wants.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 27, 15:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My little toddler Jordan has 9 creativity skill points all from that toy xyllophone and 10 body skill points  so he is definitely skilling on his own heplays for hours at a time with the xyllophone his cousin Denise cant get near it so she contents herself with the shape sorter.the rabbit head is ignored for some reason

I prefer single parents, particularly Romance dads (though I do seem to derive perverse pleasure from giving in to the occasional Family mom's multi-kid want and punishing her by making her actually care for all those kids- this is surely the ADD kicking in -heh heh)
Single parent kids only spin wants for the parent raising them, though I did make a mistake of letting Romance dad become best friends with his twins while visiting and that changed things (boo)
I hate toddler wants in 2 parent homes. I prefer 1 parent, toddlers are taught to potty/talk/walk then left to skill. I have someone make a stash of smartmilk so my toddlers pretty much spend their toddlerhood in a room building skills and only getting talk/play/snuggle so they can spin skill-wants.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 December 03, 08:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We'll have to exchange pictures when they have kids. Wink She's a very pretty sim, especially for a Maxi-made one, I actually haven't changed one thing about her, highly unusual!

It's been a while since I got back to Nervous's family.  I wanted to get all of the other families established before I went and started making everyone breed.  Strangetown seems small at first, but once you split up the Curious brothers, the Singles ladies, and move Nervous out of the Beakers and get them all settled down and married up, the neighborhood becomes friggin' HUGE.

Nervous and his wife just had a little girl.  Named her Cassy.  Can't really judge what she'll look like because she's still an infant.  But here's hoping she looks more like her mom than her dad.

I used Merola's mind control mirror to take a quick look at her personality.  She's deffenently her father's daughter in some respects...  The mother is going to have to whip the sloppy out of her when she gets older.

Gali, you wanted to know what Marsha was going to look like when she got older.  So here she is as a teen.

Her hair style changed to that when she grew up.  I haven't bothered changing it yet though.  Probably won't either since its decent enough for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: