More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:43:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  EUARGH!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EUARGH!  (Read 29359 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: EUARGH!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 27, 23:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, there's something wrong with that.  The one I have has 33 textures, and they are all definitely lavender.

I did notice, the swirly lavender eyes are on these skins as well, which might explain why that one person was still seeing them even after removing the default alien eyes replacement from their game.  From what I understand, if the game cannot find the custom eyes for a sim, they use the default eyes which are a part of the skin they are using.  For normal skins, it's the default, flat brown Maxis eyes which I believe are a part of skin tones S1-S4.  So that might have something to do with it.  I had a strange glitch once where a sim with green eyes had those flat brown ones (I use default eye replacements), and I thought there was something wrong wtih him!  I exited the game without saving and did some poking around in SimPE, couldn't really explain what I did, but made sure his character file was pointing to "green" for eyecolor, and loaded it back up...and he was fine.  So I really don't know what happened.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 28, 00:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Again rainbow.    I didn't think the skin looked right.    You were asking last night about the color lavender your skins are showing up as.   Part of it could be your video card, but part of it could be the color
settings on your moniter also. 

Yes, that would explain why the violetwinkle eyes were still there.   Hopefully that person discovered the reason and removed the other file too. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 28, 01:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooops, sorry, I didn't read your post correctly.  I was looking at the skins in SimPE, not CleanInstaller.  When I looked at them in Clean Installer, I did see that bright pink skin.  I'm not sure what is causing that.  But those are just preview pics and shouldn't really affect anything.  Sorry about the misunderstanding. Sad
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 28, 01:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's okay.    No worries.    I guess I will remove my Downloads and Saved Sims.   LOL
 Thanks for looking for me.

Actually before I do that I think I will play my bi-color simmies and see if I can see some zits.     The body and head will be color co-ordinated then.   I MUST have a picture.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 28, 17:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the zits, are they really related to hygeine?

None of my stinky Email teens ever got them, yet two of my hygeine fanatic teens did.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 28, 20:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the alien skin and eyes as well as the PollyTech file and went to Strangetown to test it out. Mynew  little alien girl is beautiful!  Smiley

Now, the bad news. Lola Singles happen to walk by and she had the lilac head and green body. On the bright side, her eyes were a lovely shade of purple rather than black as they were before the install. Cheesy

So Marg, you are not alone.  Undecided

I found the thumbnails but can't figure out how to post them, sorry. Sad

Maria

Edit: Not the best pic, but here's an example

« Last Edit: 2005 November 29, 01:56:33 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 28, 21:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for posting too MsMaria.    I love the color these skins are and daddy poly tech makes nice babies.  If you have the purple heads and green bodies for the pre-existing aliens, your new aliens will have the same once they transition to teens and adults too.   The alien eyes are included with the skin file as well as having a separate file, so they should work fine.   
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 28, 21:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem of mismatched heads and bodies with the vampire skin. I am betting it's because of my default skin replacements. It's a shame, I really like the idea of pale vamps.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 29, 02:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You still need the default replacements for the alien eyes if you want your existing aliens to have the swirly purple eyes instead of the solid black ones.

Also, I have default replacements for the regular skintones, and I'm not experiencing the problem.  Mine do not include replacements for alien skins, just the basic four skintones.  You might try taking them out and seeing if that solves the problem, and if so, either contact the person who made them or try finding different default skins.

Incidentally, do those of you who are having this problem know which default skins you are using?  Maybe there is something in common here.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 29, 03:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I do know rainbow.     I have a couple of Duddly's defaults in and some of the Paradise skins.  The alien
skin is a default skin as well.   And I really don't have any other alien skin default enabled.    I'm actually beginning to wonder if I should totally remove the other dafaults and not just turn them off and on with CI.   
The check mark is not in the box when they are disabled.    I'm just wondering if the game is reading them anyways.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 29, 03:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I"m not sure how that works...I know it's supposed to disable them but I always just move them out of the folder somehow just to be sure.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 29, 03:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try that and let you know what happens.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 29, 03:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okie. Smiley
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 29, 03:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiss

Eureka!!    I removed the Paradise skin defaults and I now have lovely MONOtone violetwinkle skins.

So there must be something in The Paradise pkgs that interferes with this alien default.    I'm so glad you
   figured it out.    Rainbow to the rescue once again.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 29, 04:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome. I'll check mine tomorrow to see if that's my problem as well. Thanks Rainbow. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 29, 04:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww, 'twas nothing. *blush*  Smiley  Since it was working for most people, it had to be something going on with your computer.  The first thing to do is remove all custom content so you know that there's nothing else for it to conflict with.  I have done this with hack problems many times.  I'm glad that you were able to find the problem!
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 29, 04:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So am I.    Now I'm wondering if the people on MTS2 forum that had the same problem just gave up.   The paradise skins were some of the first ones uploaded there with the "proper" bits and pieces.    There is no way of telling by looking at the pkges, just what they contain, unless you use SimPe of course.   

Thanks for putting up with all my questions.    I will need to check my simmies to see if they need the "bits & pieces put back.    If they do I'm sure I can  find replacements that don't interfere with these nice skins.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 29, 04:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack! I've not bothered to familiarize myself with SimPE yet. Will I be able to discern what needs to be removed or just remove all custom skins?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 29, 04:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think maybe just try removing the default replacements.  See if that works.  I don't think other custom skintones would interfere, but just try that first and see.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 29, 04:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't  panic MsMaria.    I don't use SimPe either.    The Paradise skins are names para default 1 -2  and para
default 3-4  or something similiar.     All I did was go into my saved sims and start searching it for anything that said default.    Normally they will say light medium, etc etc.     I'm guessing the Paradise pkge's contain another alien default skin.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 29, 04:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, they do.  I just looked them up on their site, and for the basic defaults, this is what it says:

basic: para3_defaults_1_2_5 (light_medium_alien)
basic: para3_defaults_3_4 (brown_dark)

If you really wanted to use those skins, there is a way to extract the skin tones you want or delete the alien skins from that package using SimPE, or contact Paradise skins and ask them about it.  The other choice would be to find new default skins.  There are many available now.  MTS2 has a lot of them.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 29, 04:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what I will use to replace them with.   There really are lots to choose from now.   The only reason I chose them in the first place was there were so few choices at the time and they looked good.
That will teach me to load pkges in with more than one skin tone in them.   I honestly forgot about the alien
default that was in there.    The original green in the game is really ugly.   At least I find it to be.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 29, 05:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too.  That's why I like this laverwinkle skin!

Grr, the search box isn't working on MTS2.  I was looking for something and was going to post a link to the ones I use, but I can't.  I can't even access my User control panel to get to my subscribed threads.  It says there's some kind of script error.

EDIT:  Well, the problem has been reported here.  It might be 6 hours, so we might as well wait until tomorrow. Smiley
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 29, 05:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be very nice of you rainbow.    I can always check back later.   They may be doing updates or something to their boards over there.    I work full time days so usually I'm only around in the evenings anyways. 

edit

I just saw  your edit        There will be a number of unhappy people for a few hours.    I'll check this thread
              again tomorrow.     Thanks Again 
« Last Edit: 2005 November 29, 05:19:57 by Marg » Logged
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 November 29, 08:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I removed my Para skins and went back into the game. I checked on the Singles and this is what I have:

What else should I do to get things back to normal? I have several other custom skins. As I understand it, I should be removing Default skins. Which ones? Thank you and kisses for your help. I so wanted beautiful aliens. Undecided

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: