More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:08:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Severe Sims ADD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Severe Sims ADD  (Read 23500 times)
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
Re: Severe Sims ADD
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 22, 00:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted Pleasantview.  What in God's name am I missing with this Don Lorathio Character?

I spent my weekend playing with the naughty bits on one of my UNI streakers, thanks to Crammyboy!  Cheesy  My husband thanks you, Crammyboy!!!!!! Wink
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 22, 00:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted Pleasantview.  What in God's name am I missing with this Don Lorathio Character?

I spent my weekend playing with the naughty bits on one of my UNI streakers, thanks to Crammyboy!  Cheesy  My husband thanks you, Crammyboy!!!!!! Wink
Don Lothario is a  Slob and a Romance sim that has bedded 3/4 of the eligible and not so eligible women in pleasant view who is engaged to Cassandra Goth and jilts her at the altar sending her into aspiration failure

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 22, 00:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chose his house for Bella and Joe to have their billionuptlets in simply because it is a small easily-played house with just one member. Bella could birth away in fast-forward mode, giving birth to however many children it took for me to find the two that I needed. She ended up having 11 kids. Joe kept two, and "gave" the rest to Don. I did not plan to give him all those kids, I just couldn't kill them. So I stuck 'em with Don.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 22, 00:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not plan to give him all those kids, I just couldn't kill them. So I stuck 'em with Don.

Do you play this house with all those kids?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 22, 00:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'd be a big fat "nope".  Grin
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 22, 01:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'd be a big fat "nope".  Grin
aah those little ones are adorable its not their fault Daddy is a wanna be Don Juan

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 22, 01:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two have actually been aged to teens. And one is now dating what should've been his niece...the other dated Xander, who would have been her nephew. She's now dating Xander's brother, her other "nephew". Shhhh...I'm not telling them. It's a secret. They're not related anymore. 
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 22, 01:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two have actually been aged to teens. And one is now dating what should've been his niece...the other dated Xander, who would have been her nephew. She's now dating Xander's brother, her other "nephew". Shhhh...I'm not telling them. It's a secret. They're not related anymore. 
your family has odd  family trees anyway so one more ut oh  cant make much difference Tongue

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 22, 01:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but this is a little different...
My usual family tree quirks (can you have "usual quirks", anyway?) do not involve the backwoods-country intermingling of blood relatives. And I'm conveniently forgetting that they are, in fact, blood relatives. Well, sim-blood relatives, anyway...pixel-relatives?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 22, 01:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who mentioned the teenage Don with the floppy hair?  What are you trying to do to me?  I'd forgotten about him since going back to the old Pleasantview and seeing him as an elder again.  And how do people play the Sims while they're cycling?  Or is it an exercise bike? 

I sometimes wonder if I'm really here at all.
Do you have pics of this Young Don with the Floppy Hair?  I want to see this!  Also, I just wanted to thank you for changing your avatar now that a certain youngster on another forum here has taken to using the one I used to associate with you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 22, 01:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but this is a little different...
My usual family tree quirks (can you have "usual quirks", anyway?) do not involve the backwoods-country intermingling of blood relatives. And I'm conveniently forgetting that they are, in fact, blood relatives. Well, sim-blood relatives, anyway...pixel-relatives?
It's impossible for them to be blood-relatives.  Sims don't bleed.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 22, 01:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. That's what I thought. So, it's all good, then.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 22, 01:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. That's what I thought. So, it's all good, then.
Yep.  Whatever works!  LOL  I think I'm probably ADD too.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 22, 02:21:49 by rainbow » Logged
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 22, 02:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, cool. I'm ADHD as well. Surprise surprise.

I think this explains why you like big busy homes... or at least why I do. I prefer micro managing several Sims at all times, watching an empty lot tick by is so boring that I'll make a kid skip school to 'keep me company' if need be.

Rainbow-
I got tested in college, my sister suggested it as during her testing, the psychologist told her I was more likely to have it than her (when asked for a family history) It was actually good because I had the option of doing exams in a private, quiet room with a comfy chair and a lamp (hate florescent lights) vs.a gym with 500 students unwrapping candies, coughing, erasing etc...

Here, it's something Psychologists do, (more or less a variety of iq type/behavioural/personality tests)  I think most people have it to a degree, I was told that the reason I got the diagnosis was because on a below, average and above, I scored freakishly high on most, then below freakishly low on pretty much anything requiring concentration. Apparently 'normal' people score roughly in the same range in all areas... or the explanation I got anyway... seriously, I'm not sure I was paying attention.

I have a hard time learning/paying attention if I'm not interested. My mom never thought of it as a learning disability, more like being a brat, I still can't help but wonder if this is at least partially true, I have a hard time sitting through a ½ hour tv show, yet can sit for 10+ hours straight in front of a computer. (it's interactive)
« Last Edit: 2005 November 22, 02:22:22 by Zeljka » Logged

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 22, 02:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this explains why you like big busy homes... or at least why I do. I prefer micro managing several Sims at all times, watching an empty lot tick by is so boring that I'll make a kid skip school to 'keep me company' if need be.

Rainbow-
I got tested in college, my sister suggested it as during her testing, the psychologist told her I was more likely to have it than her (when asked for a family history)
It was actually good because I had the option of doing exams in a private, quiet room with a comfy chair and a lamp (hate florescent lights) vs.a gym with 500 students unwrapping candies, coughing, erasing etc...
Here, it's something Psychologists do, (more or less a variety of iq type/behavioural/personality tests)  I think most people have it to a degree, I was told that the reason I got the diagnosis was because on a below, average and above, I scored freakishly high on most, then below freakishly low on (pretty much anything) requiring concentration. heh heh, I have a hard time learning/paying attention if I'm not interested.
Yeah, that kind of stuff drives me nuts, people coughing, unwrapping candy, etc.  I hate being the one asking everyone to be quiet all the time when it doesn't seem to bother anyone else.  I think that's why I like playing larger families too.  I get bored easily and I'm always hitting the spacebar and cycling through my sims to see if anyone needs anything, hitting pause to make sure everything is set up right, then hitting 3 to speed through it, LOL.  I tried to play one sim in a house, and it was so maddening watching them take a shower, eat, sleep, study, etc.  That's whyI like Macrotastics and the Skillinator because I can just fast forward through that without having to worry about their needs, and I can tend to other household members.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 22, 02:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could very well be. Good point.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 22, 02:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that kind of stuff drives me nuts, people coughing, unwrapping candy, etc.

Does that mean you all can't zone? I get bored easily and can't sit still and the like. My oldest son was diagnosed ADHD, and at the time they said it was likely both my husband and I had it tho we weren't tested, but later it turned out that wasn't a very good diagnosis

But despite that, if I do something creative/right-brained and get into I can totally zone and lose hours or even days without realizing it. I have test anxiety so it's not easy to do while testing, but if I *can* get to "concentrate" level, I can easily block people moving around (and a fire alarm for that matter).

Though there's nothing right-brained creative about watching sims study and that stuff will drive me insane in about two seconds. I add more sims quickly and fast forward if I can't find something to do - tho I don't use the "do it yourself" hacks, as I prefer to do it MYself Smiley I like to feel like I'm doing something and as long as I have something to click on (or think about) I'm ok. I have to be moving if I'm not zoned out.

Unsouper
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 22, 03:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I can definitely get into a zone. But only if it's a zone I want to be in.  I can go for 48 hours without sleeping when I'm in one of those zones. But if you put a text book in front of me I'd be stuck reading the same sentence over and over again.   
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 22, 03:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I can definitely get into a zone. But only if it's a zone I want to be in.  I can go for 48 hours without sleeping when I'm in one of those zones. But if you put a text book in front of me I'd be stuck reading the same sentence over and over again.   
Me too.  I can zone when I'm playing sims, losing track of time for hours.  The same with a movie or TV show that I really like.  But if the plot is moving too slow or it's something that doesn't really hold my attention, I'll be looking for something to help hold my attention, like cutting my toenails or writing or brushing the dog's hair, LOL.  My family gets annoyed because they want to watch what's on TV, but I keep wanting to talk about it and go off on tangents because it doesn't interest me enough to hold my attention.  I can't seem to play sims while I watch TV though, because I can't follow the story on TV while worrying about what my sims are doing. Tongue
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 22, 04:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been diagnosed ADD. I've been on Ritilan, Concertra, and Dexidrene(sp).

I also have some kind or another of ASD (Autism Specturum disorder) was originally told Asperger's Syndrome, but I don't fit the criteria for that. I don't fit the criteria for much of anything. Except weird, and nerdy.

Was that too much information?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 22, 04:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. You sound like my son. He's considered asperger's, now, though he doesn't fit that mold completely. He was PDD for many years. He's also ADHD and OCD. He's been the entire alphabet, just about!
julieb
Asinine Airhead

Careful there Lenny...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 22, 04:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My niece was just diagnosed ADHD and I watch her while my sister works 5 days a week.  It actually works out to where I spend more time with Arianna than my sister does-any words of wisdom on how to help her (my niece)?  My sister is a complete idiot and I can't trust her to give me any info or instructions.   

julieanne4678 on TS2 site
AnastasiaRenai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 22, 04:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cycling, I have a special mouse with a rolly ball on top, so I sit on my exercise bike and play the sims at the same time.  for the longest time my husband insisted that I could not be getting a good workout, until he started riding the bike and found out that I go faster than him. which is funny because he is in excellent shape, and I'm well I'm soft and shapely. 

My mother also insisted that I'm lazy or a brat, and not really adhd.  I was diagnosed when I got to law school, and while my LSAT scores were high, I was struggling through law school.  After testing, it turned out the reason is that in my law school, it is frowned upon to keep raising your hand and talking in class, as a result I would zone, miss a whole lecture.  I've adjusted, but it was suprising to find out so late in life that I'm adhd, but boy did it explain a lot of things.

And yes, my husband uses the computer as evidence that I'm not adhd.  How can you, he says, spend 10 hours straight on the computer if you have a poor attention span.  You just don't want to listen when someone is talking to you.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 22, 04:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jamie has some other skintone, it maybe the default medium. That's what his mom has.
Jamie is custom its called Para Medium

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 22, 04:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ohhh...yes I've seen that file in my downloads folder. He inherited it from his mom, then. I think I actually made that the default medium.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: