More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 06:52:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Using Groups
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Using Groups  (Read 6042 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Using Groups
« on: 2005 November 21, 02:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really enjoying the "group" feature in the phonebook in NL.  Curious if other people are using it as much (or more than) as I am and how.

I have 6 playable teens right now in my big neighborhood.  Putting them together in a group has made for some great outings (casual only, I hate scored outings, too much pressure).  I like sending to the bowling alley or something and just sitting back and watching the relationships develop.

And then there are the larger families.  I'm making groups for siblings who have left their family houses...in-laws, cousins, it's fun. Smiley 

Are you using groups?  Whom do you group together?  I always get good ideas when I hear how other people play.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Using Groups
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 21, 03:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only used them for family outings, Windy, but thanks for the great idea - I have some lonely heart teens and YAs who could use some new friends.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 21, 04:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never really played around with groups....but I will now.  Thanks for the thought.  Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 21, 05:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly I did not use that feature too much yet but definetely will.

I will probably use that feature mostly too make 2 sims that match go out "just for fun" a few times too build their relationship and then when they are ready I will send them on a date.

I will also use it for friends who get along well (but not too many, max. 3 or 4) so they can all go out at once and have fun.

And of course for family purpose, so Mom can go out with his son only or Dad can go out with his preferred daughter.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 21, 06:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used it quite a lot when I first got NL but haven't as much recently, mainly because I'm in a new neighbourhood where there aren't many relationships yet.  I find it useful for students to keep in touch with their families back home and also to get a group of work colleagues together - that one can be especially useful if it's a scored outing as a top score can get them a decent promotion.  I also use it like someone else mentioned, to build-up a relationship before sending them on a date.  It was also useful when I was pushing to get my first playable Sim vamped, she had a group which included the Contessa and eventually the Contessa started inviting the group out.  Shouldn't be so difficult in my new neighbourhood, one of the Contessas is a phone-stalker and has already targeted one of my Sims - she rings her every morning when not only is my Sim asleep (she works nights), but when the Contessa is supposed to be tucked-up in her coffin as well.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 21, 07:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The group feature is probably my favorite part of the game.  I find that successful group outings reap greater rewards than successful dates.  It's also an easy way to get a lot of people at your party without having to singularly invite people over.

My favorite aspect of the grouping is that all Sims stick together so I don't have to worry about my idiot Sims running off to play with the swings or do some other non-me sanctioned activity.  Also, if you only want two or three Sims from a household to go downtown instead of the whole family or one person, you can form a group at home and then select the group head to go to a community lot and the rest of the group tag along without taking the whole family.

I mostly use the groups with my teens as I put the burden of making friends for their parents' promotions on them so it's a great way to make friends, get free stuff and also introduce other playable Sims in the group to Sims they don't already know.  I love taking my family groups out to Sim Bowl Lanes for a family night out. 

Mostly it's great because it cuts down the time it takes for your Sim to socialize with multiple Sims by having them there at the same time.  Ever since I got NL, I've been getting more and more Big Sims on Campus because it's much easier to make friends.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 21, 11:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only problem with groups is if I make a family group, visit downtown then return to the home lot. I lose the option to 'end group'. Twice now I've had to make each member of the group go and 'ask' another member of the group if they could 'leave the group'. The blue plumbobs seemed to appear and disappear, as if even the game was uncertain as to whether there is a group or not. If I make them end the outing whilst on a community lot, it works fine. :/

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 21, 13:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had never used groups before I read this post.  Then after reading this post I was playing a lot with a teen.  Her social was really low, so I formed a group of the 6 playable teens in my neighbourhood and they went out for a just-for-fun outing.

I sent them to Sugarcubes Bowling Alley (at the back of my mind was the idea of getting them to 'dance together' to help build up that all-important dance skill).  They started with dancing together, then I decided to let them kick loose and turned free will back on.  Normally I'm a very controlling player - my sims are not permitted free will.  But I figured a group of teens out for fun ... of course they should kick loose.  They had a blast.  I had a blast watching them, and I'll definitely be taking this group out again.

Thanks for the idea.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 21, 13:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used it once I think... I never really thought about it before now, sounds like I should be using it.

I also need to practice with the scored outings, I think I had a couple of ok ones. If I remember rightly - social interaction is the key?

I think I'll go play the game...

A proud thread pirate.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 21, 14:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried 'proper' outings since the first time I installed NL - when someone phones up and asks a new Sim out on one. I found it a real pain, because the group simply wouldn't stick together and I ended up spending most of my time watching actions drop out of my Sim's queue as she tried to talk to people and was ignored...

I have used group outings with playable Sims, though, for example with my eldest two Pepper chldren, who are twins and do everything together anyway (first thing in the morning, every morning, they're Hanging Out/slapping hands/gossiping away... it's rather sweet), so I figured they should go shopping and clubbing together as well. They have a group which is just them, so the entire family of 8 doesn't have to go just so Marcus can buy a new shirt Roll Eyes
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 21, 17:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the features of NL that I really love....reading this thread has given me even more ideas than I had been using it for.  I mainly used it for families and in-laws, to get them better relationships with each other.  Now, I'll have to try getting my Pleasure Sim, Chuck Harrison, to go on a few casual group outings to get the relationships up before asking for a date!  Thanks for the idea!

His LTW is to have 50 1st dates, he's already got 3 under his belt..so this will really help him.  Time was going too slow trying to have him talk on the phone to get the relationships up so he could invite them over. 

This guy lives by himself, he's fat, balding, and wears glasses, but the ladies LOVE him!

I hope to have him find his true love during this 50 date adventure!
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 22, 01:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the features of NL that I really love....reading this thread has given me even more ideas than I had been using it for. 

Ooooh, I got an idea while reading other people's posts....Poker Night!  I could take the working fathers of the neighborhood and put them in a group to call each other for Poker Night outings.   I'd never to remember to do it, but it would be cute if Poker Night were Tuesdays and no matter whose house I was in on a Tuesday we did Poker Night with the group. Smiley

I have a little group I'm working on which might pan out.  I'm trying to get comped meals and good service at the restaurants by schmoozing the help.  I figure in real life there is always an "in" crowd on the "scene", so my popularity Sims should be In.   (Like I personally know from the "scene"  Tongue )  I have a group that includes some popularity Sims and the matre d'/wait staff, but I don't have the relationships built up enough where most everybody is accepting...yet.

I love non-scored group outings.  I sit back and watch and it's fun.  I do cheat occasionally if it's lots of fun, boosting motives with the multi-purpose painting which is somehow on all of my downtown lots.  Popular artist no matter what the decor.  Cheesy 

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 22, 03:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This guy lives by himself, he's fat, balding, and wears glasses, but the ladies LOVE him!

Must be the uniform. 

I like this Sim actually, he's very lifelike-looking.  Is he uploaded anywhere?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 22, 03:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my God! I have a sim who looks so similar to him...

Same comb-over!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: