More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 21, 15:29:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540279 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6539 Members
Latest Member: LittleBill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bug: videogame causes unlimited skilling.
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bug: videogame causes unlimited skilling.  (Read 3202 times)
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Bug: videogame causes unlimited skilling.
« on: 2009 July 10, 04:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found only one mention of this on gamespot in a comment.  If you have one sim watching a TV channel that increases a skill, like the Cookin' Cable, and another sim comes along and interrupts this by playing a videogame on the TV, the sim that was watching TV continues to have the little skilling bubble over his/her head and continues increasing in skill for the rest of eternity -- or until maximum skill is reached.  Saving and restarting game doesn't stop it.  Having the sim watch TV again and then turning it off does stop it.  I haven't tried resetsim.

It's not a very obnoxious bug, or more people would complain about it.  But I have been snagged by this thing twice now in the same family.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bug: videogame causes unlimited skilling.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 10, 04:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known EAxian bug. I have not pursued fixing it at this time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 10, 10:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should not even lose time fixing it. The only solution is not to buy those craps. I placed a virtual googles in a household and the problem I got is so to say hilarious - the game waste your time by describing WHAT is going on in this piece of shit. I get messages that Sim Salabin is defeating the king of Salad Bowl or any alike stupid message that I short sighted as I am, have to stop the game to read what the hell is this. Man - gimme a break!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 10, 12:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this isn't really a BUG, but apparently the new Sims designers don't really understand the concept of SHOW, DON'T TELL.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: