More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 00:49:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please  (Read 19671 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 21, 10:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scanning the code suggests that this is supposed to be intentionally deactivated for married sims...except if both sims involved in the process are Romance sims.

The actual code for this is buried in a deeply-rooted and somewhat heavily used global function where it assumes that if there is a certain level of chemistry between two sims that they have a crush and/or are in love, even if they don't have this as a relational state. Other forms of aberrant amorous behavior may be similarly caused by this.

Shooting this piece of code down may produce an interesting ripple effect on the rest of the game, possibly mowing down large chunks of the chemistry system. Shall I go for it anyway?

If the assumption in the bottom of the global function is incorrect, and you correct it, is it possible the ripple effect would actually sort out some of the logical inconsistancies to do with attraction or do you think the code is too messy overall?

Yes, go for it, that's my vote.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 21, 14:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scanning the code suggests that this is supposed to be intentionally deactivated for married sims...except if both sims involved in the process are Romance sims.

The actual code for this is buried in a deeply-rooted and somewhat heavily used global function where it assumes that if there is a certain level of chemistry between two sims that they have a crush and/or are in love, even if they don't have this as a relational state. Other forms of aberrant amorous behavior may be similarly caused by this.

Shooting this piece of code down may produce an interesting ripple effect on the rest of the game, possibly mowing down large chunks of the chemistry system. Shall I go for it anyway?
I'll second that vote as the three bolt greeting is occurring when neither sim is a romance sim

If the assumption in the bottom of the global function is incorrect, and you correct it, is it possible the ripple effect would actually sort out some of the logical inconsistancies to do with attraction or do you think the code is too messy overall?

Yes, go for it, that's my vote.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 21, 15:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is something that could be added to Casual Romance? Allowing slow dancing with a higher threshold required for crushes, or perhaps it only enhances relationships, but does not set crush/love bits or whatever.

But yeah, it would be cool to have as a separate option and Casual Romance seems like a good candidate.

Ste

It miswell be ...as at least in my game...slow dancing is one of the most commonly rejected social interactions.  Sims rarely accept it even with high chemistry unless they are already have crush/in love with the sim proposing it.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 21, 17:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is something that could be added to Casual Romance? Allowing slow dancing with a higher threshold required for crushes, or perhaps it only enhances relationships, but does not set crush/love bits or whatever.

But yeah, it would be cool to have as a separate option and Casual Romance seems like a good candidate.

Ste

It miswell be ...as at least in my game...slow dancing is one of the most commonly rejected social interactions.  Sims rarely accept it even with high chemistry unless they are already have crush/in love with the sim proposing it.
mine accept it even when there is no crush or love.My Romance Sim Joe Slow danced with his ex bed  Buddy Bella Goth at their daughter's wedding and no crush or love existed simply a solid friendship. he also Slow Danced with another of his former Bed buddy's at their Son's wedding no crush or love in existence Just best friends. My Romance Sim Justin slow danced with a neighbor who he was friends with but not best friends at his Brother's wedding. in my game they will slow dance even when they're not crushing or in love  but it appears to be entirely arbitrary and unfortunately slow dance isnt allowed among family members which means teen boys and girls end up stepping on their partners feet more often than not. I think Classifying slow dance by itself as romantic action is just plain stupid.in RL I bet alot of us parents have taught our children how to Slow dance as well as other Dances. I know  I taught my son when he was a teenager how to slow dance and he in turn taught his sisters his sisters taught him a lot of other dances he didnt know.  and I guarantee you that no love or crushes developed with the dance interactions in my RL Family.if My Son was a sim he would definitely have been a Romance Sim in High School with a switch over to Family Sim in Uni. He is 20 now and a Sophmore  at San Diego State University not SSU LOL .

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 21, 18:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah..it would be really cute if parents could teach their teenagers to slow dance and stuff like that.

It'd odd to me that it's so easily accepted and causes crushes in your game..all my dating sims seem to detest it..of course seeing that is the want they roll up four billion times during a date heh
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 21, 19:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah..it would be really cute if parents could teach their teenagers to slow dance and stuff like that.

It'd odd to me that it's so easily accepted and causes crushes in your game..all my dating sims seem to detest it..of course seeing that is the want they roll up four billion times during a date heh
My Sims are Slow Dancing fools

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: