More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 00:52:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please  (Read 19676 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Hack request: An end to the three bolt greeting please
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 20, 01:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, when Joe kissed Bella goodbye, they had no pink or red hearts for each other. They do have 3 bolts, and he did kiss her goodbye. They are still "just friends". No crush developed from that "goodbye kiss" and Marina was standing right next to them and didn't bat an eyelash.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 20, 01:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, when Joe kissed Bella goodbye, they had no pink or red hearts for each other. They do have 3 bolts, and he did kiss her goodbye. They are still "just friends". No crush developed from that "goodbye kiss" and Marina was standing right next to them and didn't bat an eyelash.

Did you look at Joe's memory? I'll bet you a 1$ there won't be a memory of "first kiss with Bella".
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 20, 01:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny though Josh's Fiancee was right there and didnt bat an eyelash either and doesnt have the caught Josh cheating memory and is not furious

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 20, 01:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you look at Joe's memory? I'll bet you a 1$ there won't be a memory of "first kiss with Bella".

No, because Joe and Bella do have a strong romantic history. They have 5 kids together! I removed all the romantic flags, though.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 20, 02:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I just thought this was some odd side-effect of a hack I had in my downloads but it seems that I'm not alone now and I can feel safe where the voices can't reach me.

Lips sealed

Nevermind that...

OK, yes, the whole kissing thing is aesthetically wrong. I have a pleasure and a romance, neither were even friends and they kissed when their relationship scores were only around 30.

Instant gratification takes too long.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 20, 03:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I just thought this was some odd side-effect of a hack I had in my downloads but it seems that I'm not alone now and I can feel safe where the voices can't reach me.

Lips sealed

Nevermind that...

OK, yes, the whole kissing thing is aesthetically wrong. I have a pleasure and a romance, neither were even friends and they kissed when their relationship scores were only around 30.

I can assure you this behavior is not cause by an hack since that happened way before I even had the thought of adding some in my game.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 20, 07:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, yes, the whole kissing thing is aesthetically wrong.

What about in France? Or was that the style of kissing that was in Uni to replace that stupid handshake?

Though I do find it pretty freaky. The Sim-version of my sister (fortune) is friends (and nothing more) with one of the NPC podium peoples (no idea what his aspiration is - his name's Ian Bar or something like that). He's an Elder! She's, well, not! For some reason I think I might... I don't know. We're not talking about Mortimer and Dina here, that's for sure.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 20, 08:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened again tonight with Sims that have 30/5 relationship, this is ridiculous.  Deep kiss when they say goodbye but no crush... just 2 lights bolts.  The controllable sim was not a romance Sim and except for doing a "wolf whistle" to that Sim he is guilty of nothing else....
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 20, 14:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened again tonight with Sims that have 30/5 relationship, this is ridiculous.  Deep kiss when they say goodbye but no crush... just 2 lights bolts.  The controllable sim was not a romance Sim and except for doing a "wolf whistle" to that Sim he is guilty of nothing else....
I hope that hack comes out soon.......the french kiss goodbye's are getting on my nerves. since in my game its not just the Romance sims doing it and they dont have to have strong chemistry either

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 20, 16:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh I thought I was probably the only person annoyed by this.

In a way I actually don't mind the fact that this happens for teenagers...b/c one good date and that first kiss want is taken care of. And for me I hate working up to a certain lifetime relationship just so they can freaking kiss.  And then the first kiss is so tricky anyways.  Everybody hasta be in  a damned good mood, ect.

But it does get annoying when sims are tongue kissing everyone goodbye. 

If they remain friends w/ someone they dated in the past and they invite this person over let's say after they're married...yup it's a deep kiss goodbye and the spouse just stands there smiling.

In fact that was a problem before NL...with cheating spouses.  You can successfully keep your affair a secret even if you kiss them hello or goodbye in front of their spouse as long as no other romantic interactions go on between those times in front of them.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 20, 21:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope that hack comes out soon.......the french kiss goodbye's are getting on my nerves. since in my game its not just the Romance sims doing it and they dont have to have strong chemistry either

I agree, I stop checking Sim out or wolf whistle them until this is fix.  If no light bolts appear it seems to be ok but I did not had a huge chance to check if it does really make a difference or not.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 20, 21:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else get really annoyed when the sim that you control gives the other sim a kiss when the date ends? It's autonomous, and what's worse is when the other sim rejects it, especially if the relationship isn't high enough.

I had two teenagers on a date once, who were just friends.  At dinner she didn't have much time left so I thought I'd use one of the selections like "toast" or something to give them some more time.  I found a "throw food" selection (think it's in entertain?) anyways, after she threw food at him, they developed a crush.

So yea umm, next time you're on a date guys, don't throw food at him/her.  She/he might get the wrong idea :/

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 20, 21:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M. fixed that one with the new "No Random Crush II: Electric Boogaloo" hack located here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1509.0

Instant gratification takes too long.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 20, 21:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So yea umm, next time you're on a date guys, don't throw food at him/her.  She/he might get the wrong idea :/

I think the Maxis people saw 9 1/2 weeks a few too many times. 
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 20, 23:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Maxis people saw 9 1/2 weeks a few too many times. 
my new problem is all of a sudden Slow dancing is causing crushes even when their just friends

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 20, 23:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Slow Dance" is classified as a romantic dance. All of the sub-actions appear to be romantic in nature. This appears to be by design.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 20, 23:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else get really annoyed when the sim that you control gives the other sim a kiss when the date ends? It's autonomous, and what's worse is when the other sim rejects it, especially if the relationship isn't high enough.

I've had them get crushes from this, which is a nuisance if you deliberately ended the date because you didn't want them to get involved.  It's also a pain if the date ends on OK, then the kiss gives them a crush and they end-up all over each other in a way that would have made the date 'dream" quality. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 21, 00:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my new problem is all of a sudden Slow dancing is causing crushes even when their just friends

Yeah, it's supposed to be that way. I whined about it on the thread about dancing. I wish "friends" could slow dance, because there are some really cute could-be-platonic animations, like when they chat together or twirl each other around.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 21, 04:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's supposed to be that way. I whined about it on the thread about dancing. I wish "friends" could slow dance, because there are some really cute could-be-platonic animations, like when they chat together or twirl each other around.

Well for me it does make sense that slow dancing is a romance action.  Except on special occasions like weddings I would not slow dance with everyone, not even friends.  I would surely do the "smusttle" on the other hand  Tongue

I also found it normal if teens or adults ask each other on a date (which is romantic) that they would kiss each other at the end if the date went well.  If you don't want this to happen, you should invite it "just for fun" instead or make a outing, not a date which is obviously a romantic thing (well for me it is).

I don't find normal though that 2 Sims which have just met and just "check out" each other or "wolf whistle" would do a deep kiss when they say goodbye espacially when they don't even have a crush and are not even friends.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 21, 04:34:47 by MissDoh » Logged
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 21, 05:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, by "slow dance" I mean like when the bride dances with her father at a wedding, for example. That's a non-romantic slow dance (one would hope. Jer-ry! Jer-ry!). I've slow danced with friends when my husband wasn't up to it, and he's done the same. You just don't do all the close-dancing, butt-grabbing, smooching, etc that a romantic dance would allow. But when the sims keep their distance while slow dancing, and are able to chat while doing so, it's adorable. And friends can definitely do that without it leading to crushes, IMO.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 21, 05:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand your point Brynne, there should be a friendly slow dance option added but I don't want it to replace the actual one, I want it added.

I love seing Sims which love each other slow dance together, and I don't want to ruin that to have it available for friends.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 21, 05:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want it replaced, either! I'm saying I would like the option available to friends in addition to lovers. Kinda like TJ's casual romance mod. My sims are slow-dancin' fools. No way I would want to take that away from them.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 21, 06:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want it replaced, either! I'm saying I would like the option available to friends in addition to lovers. Kinda like TJ's casual romance mod. My sims are slow-dancin' fools. No way I would want to take that away from them.
thats the same thing I would like the abilty to slow dance with a friend and still have it as a romantic interaction for dates and Sims that are in love

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 21, 06:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is something that could be added to Casual Romance? Allowing slow dancing with a higher threshold required for crushes, or perhaps it only enhances relationships, but does not set crush/love bits or whatever.

But yeah, it would be cool to have as a separate option and Casual Romance seems like a good candidate.

Ste

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 21, 09:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right up TJ's alley...
*hint hint*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print