More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 08:55:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this what they call Holiday Lights in the Xmas Pack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this what they call Holiday Lights in the Xmas Pack?  (Read 9210 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Is this what they call Holiday Lights in the Xmas Pack?
« on: 2005 November 19, 05:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing the lot next to this one, after I'd installed the Holiday pack, and yo and behold - I guess the neighbor went all out with the  Xmas lights!  Grin

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Is this what they call Holiday Lights in the Xmas Pack?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 05:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, that doesn't look so great...
« Last Edit: 2005 November 19, 06:03:42 by rainbow » Logged
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 06:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of is National Lampoon's Christmas move Cheesy

I've seen this happen with colour lights that were created a specific way, what that 'way' is I haven't the foggiest idea.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 09:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yikes Shocked

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 14:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, looks like Rudolph's pad.

What does it look like when you enter that lot?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 14:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, looks like Rudolph's pad.

What does it look like when you enter that lot?
it looks a tad odd for sure

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 19, 15:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the many reasons why I won't be getting the X-mas pack. D'you think it could be the same sort of thing that happened to me, only worse?

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 19, 15:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well...that's always attractive.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 19, 16:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you have to admit, it's certainly a ... different look for the house. It IS pretty festive though, for a certain definition of festive.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 19, 19:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to follow up - the "Christmas Lights" went away after I exited and reentered the lot. So I don't know that it had to do with the Xmas pack, really. No other lots have shown such a brilliant display...

Still, it was so strange I had to post a pic.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 19, 19:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to follow up - the "Christmas Lights" went away after I exited and reentered the lot. So I don't know that it had to do with the Xmas pack, really. No other lots have shown such a brilliant display...

Still, it was so strange I had to post a pic.
Thanks for the Info good to know because I just spent the last 2 hours Decorating and furnishing a Mansion for one of My Couple that lives in My downtown and in one Room I did the whole christmas thing for their teen son and their newborn Son and I thought after I saved and exited what if that house has one area that has such an odd look when I re enter later to play the family Shocked

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 20, 09:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually if someone does figure out what caused/causes it I'd be interested to know, half my hood looks like that on and off and I was starting to get scared for my graphics card lol.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 20, 11:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of is National Lampoon's Christmas move Cheesy

I've seen this happen with colour lights that were created a specific way, what that 'way' is I haven't the foggiest idea.

That's the first thing I thought of too.  A good old fashioned Griswold family Christmas.   Cheesy

Little off topic here, but that happens to be one of my favorite pre-made Maxis lots.  I've had a lot of families in that house.  And once I figure out how to put a garage there without it looking butt ugly I'll move another in there.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 21, 00:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if any of you having the odd neighborhood view things are using the camera hack from MTS2. I had an old version which did nothing but allow you to zoom out farther and seemed to work beautifully (pre-NL). I forgot it when I installed because it's in cameras, not downloads or somewhere and NL apparently installed over top of it. So I went and got the new one. I've put it in and taken it out 3 times because all 3 versions seem to do weird things for me - mostly it just kinda makes the lot shimmer and... not look right. I'm not *sure* it's the camera, but I really believe it is.

This is the one I mean:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97642&highlight=camera

(I haven't posted to the creator yet. I will when I test a bit more and am sure that's really what it is. Tho corraboration would be good too. Anyways, it's an idea besides getting a new graphics card :)

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 21, 14:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if any of you having the odd neighborhood view things are using the camera hack from MTS2. I had an old version which did nothing but allow you to zoom out farther and seemed to work beautifully (pre-NL). I forgot it when I installed because it's in cameras, not downloads or somewhere and NL apparently installed over top of it. So I went and got the new one. I've put it in and taken it out 3 times because all 3 versions seem to do weird things for me - mostly it just kinda makes the lot shimmer and... not look right. I'm not *sure* it's the camera, but I really believe it is.

This is the one I mean:

(I haven't posted to the creator yet. I will when I test a bit more and am sure that's really what it is. Tho corraboration would be good too. Anyways, it's an idea besides getting a new graphics card Smiley
I have his Camera mod and dont have problem with it

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 21, 14:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got that same mod. No problems with it here, either.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 21, 17:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the one I mean:

(I haven't posted to the creator yet. I will when I test a bit more and am sure that's really what it is. Tho corraboration would be good too. Anyways, it's an idea besides getting a new graphics card Smiley
did you also pick up his new  Lighting Mod?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 21, 18:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both and am not seeing anything like that in my game...
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 21, 18:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked up the camera mods labeled A, B and C - they come with so much, I'm not sure if that includes the lighting mod or not. I put in "A" (which does the most), took it out and put in "C" (which does the least) and I'm going to take that out and put the Maxis defaults back in. It might be that my video card (which automatically comes up with the lowest settings and never gives me the special events stuff) can't handle his mod. My video card sucks. A new one is on my christmas list, but I'm broke so I dunno Smiley Someone with a better card probably wouldn't have a problem - that's why I wondered if the people who had the problem are using the mod.

It also could be a new problem with terrains as I used them on that lot, but I've never seen it before. It's really kind of weird (not like the christmas one, but all that was there was beach and water so it wouldn't be that bright.)

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 21, 19:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked up the camera mods labeled A, B and C - they come with so much, I'm not sure if that includes the lighting mod or not. I put in "A" (which does the most), took it out and put in "C" (which does the least) and I'm going to take that out and put the Maxis defaults back in. It might be that my video card (which automatically comes up with the lowest settings and never gives me the special events stuff) can't handle his mod. My video card sucks. A new one is on my christmas list, but I'm broke so I dunno Smiley Someone with a better card probably wouldn't have a problem - that's why I wondered if the people who had the problem are using the mod.

It also could be a new problem with terrains as I used them on that lot, but I've never seen it before. It's really kind of weird (not like the christmas one, but all that was there was beach and water so it wouldn't be that bright.)
your only supposed to install one of those mods and no it doesnt come with his correced lighting

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 21, 21:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did only install one. I installed "A", decided it wasn't working well for me, took it out and installed "C" to try that.

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 21, 22:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did only install one. I installed "A", decided it wasn't working well for me, took it out and installed "C" to try that.
in his new lighting package he corrected  a lot of odd coloring and shimmer

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 21, 22:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so the lighting pack corrects problems with the camera mod?

I just wanted to be able to see the neighborhoods further back, but honestly I think my computer isn't really up to it and I'll just stick with the Maxis cameras - but as it's doing weird things in my game, I still think other people with minumum specs might have similar issues (even tho it's working fine for lots of people). Anyway, it's something to try before upgrading their computers because the neighborhood view has gone wacky :)

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 21, 22:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so the lighting pack corrects problems with the camera mod?

I just wanted to be able to see the neighborhoods further back, but honestly I think my computer isn't really up to it and I'll just stick with the Maxis cameras - but as it's doing weird things in my game, I still think other people with minumum specs might have similar issues (even tho it's working fine for lots of people). Anyway, it's something to try before upgrading their computers because the neighborhood view has gone wacky Smiley
yep it corrects  some odd coloring and shimmering.my PC has minimum specs
Welcome!

Welcome to Electronic Arts System Information Utility, Easy Info. This tool can be used by yourself and our technical support representatives to help find a solution to any technical issues you may be experiencing with your game. Please make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements and that you have the most updated drivers for both your video and sound devices.

If you need further assistance please click here.

System Overview / Comparison 
 Your System  Game Requirements

Operating System  Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)  Windows XP/2000/98/ME

System Memory 1016.5 / 256.0

Processor Speed 2400.6/  800 MHz

DirectX Version  9.0c / 9.0c

Display Device (  Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller   

Display Memory 64.0 / 32.0

Display Driver 6.14.10.3943   

Sound Device   Realtek AC97 Audio   

Sound Driver 5.10.5730 

the first numbers are what my system has the second set is the minimum specs  for the game so as you can see I dont have a high end system

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: