More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:36:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request?...'More Autonomy in game play' hacks.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request?...'More Autonomy in game play' hacks.  (Read 7297 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Request?...'More Autonomy in game play' hacks.
« on: 2005 November 18, 04:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am always interested in any hacks that can take me 'out of' the game. In my opinion, the more autonomy in the game the better. I currently use Pescado's sleepclock so my sims head off to bed 'autonomously'. I also use Inge's pleaseyourselfplant2 so the sims motive needs are governed by the vase and therefore 'autonomously' managed. It would be really awesome if more aspects of the game could be made to live out 'autonomously' I saw a thread yesterday about an autonomous proposal that occurred in the game. How cool!! Imagine what elements of surprise would be available. In that thread there was discussion about autonomous woohoo.What else could be done 'autonomously' Are hacks like this possible? Would anyone here consider concentrating their modding expertise in this direction? Just a thought. The idea really intrigues me. Thanks for listening. Tracy
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 04:55:35 by Braveheart » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Request?...'More Autonomy in game play' hacks.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 07:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's called "Power Idle". Tongue

Sorta like the Ingelogical plant, but without the cheatyness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 13:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone do me a favor and explain the best way to use 'power idle'. I know I find it in the macro...menu, click it, and the sims just begin to take care of all needs autonomously. If its in the menu on the sim, why is the yellow box necessary? How are they different or how are they used differently? Thanks
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 15:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm even worse, what is a power idle?
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 15:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If its in the menu on the sim, why is the yellow box necessary?

Erm, so you can choose to turn it Auto Power Idle off? Or on?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 15:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovemysims, Power Idle is in the macrotastics. You click it and the sim idles along, unless it has needs that need filling up. It saves you from having to check up on it and cancel idiotic autonomous actions.

Braveheart, I never use the yellow box, by the way. I know it comes with the pack, so I didn't delete it. JM has explained its existence somewhere here, but right now I'm just to plain lazy to go hunting for it. However, you can safely ignore it, at least I do.

Curious, if you download the macrotastics, the power idle option comes up in the menu. You don't really need to 'buy' that yellow box, just leave it in the catalog. It has its purpose, but...(see above Cheesy)

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 16:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, the macrostatics box allows you to queue up macrostatic actions even when the sim is not on the lot. That way, you can queue up actions for them to do once they get back home.

I don't know off the top of my head what other uses it has, but there probbly are, I just don't remember 'em. RTFM.  Wink
Ste

lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 16:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*runs off to do search on macrotastics*
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 16:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also the yellow box, as stated above, allows you to set the auto power idle on. This means sims are always in power idle when not given other instructions, so you don't have to add it to their que. Power idle is so much smarter than free will. They green themselves up, then sit quietly awaiting instructions, or needs to fall.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 18, 16:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious, if you download the macrotastics, the power idle option comes up in the menu. You don't really need to 'buy' that yellow box, just leave it in the catalog. It has its purpose, but...(see above Cheesy)

I'm aware of that, just venturing a guess as to what the yellow box has that doesn't show up when clicking on the sim Wink. Haven't really played  for the past 3 days (building/fine-tuning houses and dorms to fit on a smaller lot), then had a hard disk issue and had to do a windows recovery, so everything's gone and I can't really remember what most things does Tongue.

I buy the box because I like planning and queuing things up for my sims to do when they get back from school/work Smiley.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 18, 16:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Geesh, with all the sh..tuff I have in my downloads, I would be in serious trouble if I had to guess what everything is. I will have to do some weeding out soon, especially my genetics folder. I'll get to it...soon...someday.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 18, 16:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has this been updated with nightlife, and are Pascado and twojeffs working with a patched version. Thanks.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 18, 16:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish PowerIdle would make them sit down first. They make me nervous just standing there. Then I have to cancel it, make them sit down and command it again. It also makes me nervous that they never do anything. But I guess this beats autonomously serving Lobster Thermidor for breakfast for one.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 18, 16:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean macrotastics? It's available in The Armory, in Official Stuff - NL.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 18, 20:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish PowerIdle would make them sit down first. They make me nervous just standing there. Then I have to cancel it, make them sit down and command it again. It also makes me nervous that they never do anything. But I guess this beats autonomously serving Lobster Thermidor for breakfast for one.
Power Idle does make them sit down. If they're idling for a bit and you fail to give them new orders, and they have nothing better to do, they will go grab some bench. The currently selected sim will wait longer for orders than others.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: