More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 11:20:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It's begun...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It's begun...  (Read 45202 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: It's begun...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 16, 12:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Maxis-fat can only get so fat, before sims start clipping through things as they interact, since there's no actual volume-based collision detection at work here. It already happens with some of the more exaggerated hand-wavings they do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 16, 13:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Maxis-fat can only get so fat, before sims start clipping through things as they interact

Am I the only one who got an image of Santa's red suit peeking (cutting) though the chimeny?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 16, 16:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because salad is essentially undigestable cellulose. There's really no compelling reason for a human to eat it at all: It's undigestable. The tomatoes, on the other hand, are tasty.

Vegetables found in salad, including leafy greens such as lettuce typically contain fiber. Here is a compelling reason for eating foods with fiber that I found here:

When thinking about the foods we eat and the benefits derived from these foods, the least thought of nutrient is fiber. We read the labels on the foods we buy, now more than ever. We tend to study the amounts of vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins, carbohydrates, low fat, high fat, transfats, and calories, but pay little attention to the fiber content.

There are two forms of fiber. Insoluble fiber as the name suggests is exactly that. Fiber in this form will not be dissolved during the digestive process. As it winds its way throughout the digestive tract, it acts as a scrubbing agent. You can call it the body's natural "Roto Rooter". This action aids in the elimination of waste and prevents the buildup of toxins. It is this action that makes it such a powerful cancer preventive.

Keeping the colon cleansed in this fashion also prevents a condition called "Diverticulosis". This is a condition where little pockets are form in the colon. Food tends to accumulate in these pockets and become fermented. Toxins are formed because of this fermented food that are more or less stored in these pockets and will leach into the bloodstream causing a variety of conditions and illnesses. The cleansing of the colon also promotes regularity and will prevent hemorrhoids.

The other form of fiber is soluble fiber. As the name suggests, this form of fiber is dissolved during the digestive process. Its ability to be dissolved makes it readily available and can be utilized by the major organs of the body. This soluble fiber also ferments in the colon and produces fatty acids that help in the control of blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

The benefits of fiber as previously stated are many, and are as follows:

Prevents constipation. Prevents hemorrhoids. Prevents the buildup of toxins in the colon, thus protecting the body from these toxins. Controls the blood cholesterol, thus preventing the buildup of plaque in the arteries. Controls blood sugar that can be an important part of preventing diabetes. Fiber can play an important role in the prevention of colon cancer.

Fiber is a component of a great many foods, however it is the type of foods that you eat that makes it so important in eating the fiber that will give you the most benefits. These foods are:

Whole-grain bread and crackers. The Nabisco Triscuits are such a cracker. Wheat bread is not as high in fiber. White bread is certainly not high in fiber. Read the label, it should read whole-grains. Vegetables are an excellent source of fiber, particularly the green leafy variety. The deeper the color the better. Sweet potatoes are a very good source of fiber. White potatoes are not as good, and should be eaten with the skins. Beans are an excellent source of fiber. The best varieties are, kidney, navy, pinto, black, and lentil and garbanzo beans. Of the fruits, oranges are an excellent source of fiber. Cereals are a great source of fiber but need to be chosen for the fiber content. Known high fiber cereals are, Kellogg's All-Bran, Post Grape-Nuts or Post 100% Bran. Oats are another great source of soluble fiber. Eating oatmeal has been lauded for its ability to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.

Eating the above-mentioned fruits and vegetables on a daily basis is extremely important and will help the body in maintaining a strong immune system, preventing weakened conditions and becoming sick at the slightest invasion of your immune system. It will keep the body healthy and full of vigor.

Of course salad isn't the only food that contains fiber, but at least it adds variety. It can be light, fast, and easy to make. But don't ask me, I don't "cook" myself. Tongue

As for the Santa NPC, that would be pretty cool. I don't remember the one from the original Sims. But I suppose it should be fairly easy to "program" in a similar manner. That would be neat. I wonder if adding these new things require overwriting the main .exe or if these new animations and interactions can just be added as packages in the Downloads folder.

Ste

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 16, 19:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course salad isn't the only food that contains fiber, but at least it adds variety. It can be light, fast, and easy to make. But don't ask me, I don't "cook" myself. Tongue

Don't ever cook yourself. It sounds painful.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 16, 19:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The biggest advantage of eating more fiber is that it gives you gas. Farting is fun! Especially if you're standing near an open flame...

Anyway, today's "Give Away" item is a factoid and a blooper pic. Oh boy. See me jumping around with joy. See Joy get disgusted and leave.

I've received the email letting me know my pre-ordered Party Pack is on its way via UPS. I guess I'll know in a few days whether Santa comes down the chimney (I hope he brings a towel if he does).
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 16, 21:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll know in a few days whether Santa comes down the chimney (I hope he brings a towel if he does).

I do hope that is a HHGTTG reference, because otherwise... AUGH, the mental images, they burn!

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 16, 22:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because salad is essentially undigestable cellulose. There's really no compelling reason for a human to eat it at all: It's undigestable. The tomatoes, on the other hand, are tasty.

Try a wilted spinach salad. There's two compelling reasons for eating it - most important, the spinach is a vehicle for a wonderful flavor, definately tasty, and secondarily being leafy and dark green spinach counts as tops so it's possible to honestly tell people who think you should be eating good for you stuff you're doing so and keep them from bugging you Wink

Unsouper
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 16, 22:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received an email notification as well. I hate myself for ordering that thing, I just couldn't help myself. If it says "Sims" on it, I buy it. Tongue

As for salad, lol, choose anything but plain Lettuce. It's basically water with few nutrients.

I love these threads. Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 16, 22:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What in the hell...

Does Maxis honestly call that a gift?

Click on today's (16th) gift.

A factoid.

Holy hoo-hoo. It's all I've ever wanted.

And I know, it's rude to be ungrateful, and I don't like people who complain about Maxis because they do work hard, but honestly. Me thinks they took the easy way out on this one.

The "blooper" isn't even funny. I would love for my sims to rest their heads on their partners. It's cute.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 17, 00:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO This has to be the most pathetic "gift" I have ever seen in my life. Shit in a box would have been better.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 17, 00:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO This has to be the most pathetic "gift" I have ever seen in my life. Shit in a box would have been better.

And that would be KFC!!  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 17, 01:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit in a box would have been better.

At least we could have set that on fire and been entertained for a few seconds.

I happen to like KFC. Where else am I going to get my daily allowance of grease, without those nasty hydrocarbons?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 17, 01:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather have that lump of coal that was there yesterday.

Vegetables found in salad, including leafy greens such as lettuce typically contain fiber. Here is a compelling reason for eating foods with fiber that I found here:
I get all the fiber I need just eating sensitive documents.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 17, 02:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me, too!  Bring back the coal!  Bring back the coal!  Now I'm sorry I started this thread.  Although, of course, seeing all the nutritional posts is fun.

Mooooo
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 17, 02:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get all the fiber I need just eating sensitive documents.

Pescado . . . it's a new diet, and a new nationa security campaign! Just what America needs. Like that "duct tape and plastic sheeting will keep the terrorists out" thing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 17, 02:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know a great way to use duct tape and plastic sheeting to make sure you don't accidentally inhale any harmful biochemical substances.

First, you pull the plastic sheet over your head, then you seal it securely around your neck with copious tape. Make sure the seal is tight, to keep out those harmful substances. I guarantee you won't have to worry about them darned terrorists getting you, nuh-uh!

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 17, 02:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  Well If i have to see anything with Christmas pack again today...well I think my head will definitely explode...all of the whining and threats and bullshit I read today..every 5 seconds....will the world stop revolving if this pack didnt exist???    oh  eat more meat ...less rabbit food.

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 17, 03:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing with Star Trek: TNG and the X-Files; even though seasons 1 and 2 of TNG kinda suck, and the later seasons (somewhat 7, 8, and 9) of X-Files were "bleh" I'll still probably buy them eventually when I get enough money. Roll Eyes

Man, but TNG Season 1 has Data and the Chinese finger trap! That's the best!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 17, 13:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or a bag of flaming poo?  Grin

noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 17, 15:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, now there's another Christmas tree.

Yay.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 17, 15:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, now there's another Christmas tree.

Yay.
I will know later today what is on the XMAS packmine is on its way to my front door according to UPS and since I dont have any exchange objects on my pc . the meshes are to high in polygon count and SimPE redflags them as having "oversized Geometric Meshes"

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 17, 16:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The party pack has a lot of string lights, a few fireworks (one is actually quite pretty when it goes off, though the sequences are short and EVERYONE in the house runs to watch them, except they never get there in time), a box of noisemakers (stuff they use during the birthday parties, I think, pretty much), another Christmas tree, some pictures (one cute Easter Christmas Valentine's Day Bunny), some tables of three sizes with special holiday tableclothes, two wreaths (one to hang, one to go on flat surfaces), a decorative stocking set, a decorative holiday ribbon, decorative toy nutcrackers (two kinds), single holiday candles, a gingerbread house decoration, a lighted reindeer decoration, and some other statutes and decorations.~  I haven't looked at the clothes and what new foods you can make (I'm assuming you can make some, judging by the "feast" declaration).
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 17, 16:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is today's gift really a factoid and a lame ass blooper?  The wreath I liked, today I have to agree with everyone on the "rather have coal/flaming bag of poo". 
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 17, 17:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, Athena, you got yours in the mail?  Do you think it was worth the $$ you paid for it?  I thought I'd download it today if it was. I'm kindof waiting on someone to tell me if it's worth having or a flaming bag of poo.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 17, 17:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, aside from the fireworks (and I have to admit, though paintings are really "eh" and not that useful, the christmas easter valentine bunny picture is adorable), I don't really think it's really worth the money.  Not unless you're really into decorating your house for Christmas and would prefer not to download custom holiday objects from ModtheSims2.com or other sites.  But I haven't used all the objects to see if there are any new interactions with them, so I'll refrain from making a judgment until I have more time to play (probably tonight).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: