More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 20:59:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who Are They? (A Guessing Game!) WINNER ANNOUNCED!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who Are They? (A Guessing Game!) WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 24323 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Who Are They? (A Guessing Game!) WINNER ANNOUNCED!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 14, 16:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or else we should have a rule that all female avatars denote a male in RL, and all male avatars denote a female.  don't know where that leaves me, though!

Zephyr Zodiac
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 14, 16:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I like my Cinderella!  I'm a big fairy tale fan.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 14, 16:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back to Brandi, in my new Pleasantview she has 3 lightning bolts for Mortimer Goth of all people.  He was all over her like a dirty old  man when she was still a teen, now I know why.  She also has 3 for someone else, can't remember who now, some dormie I think.  She can stick with him and just fancy Mortimer from afar (preferably through a telescope).

John Burb fancies her in my game!  and Jennifer fancies almost anything in trousers!  But for some reason, even though they fight at least a dozen times a day, they WON't hate each other and break up, even though I have the easybreakupfix!  (I've also given him glasses and balding hair, but she still wants him!  Even though they only have one lightning bolt for each other.)

You could try and change his aspiration and zodiac sign so with both they would not be compatible anymore.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 14, 16:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or else we should have a rule that all female avatars denote a male in RL, and all male avatars denote a female.  don't know where that leaves me, though!

Hmmm...or me either. Can you tell that's a male cat in my avatar? lol. I always assume (and we know what that say about "assuming") that people know I'm female until I stop and think that "Kelly" is a unisex name.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 14, 16:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back to Brandi, in my new Pleasantview she has 3 lightning bolts for Mortimer Goth of all people.  He was all over her like a dirty old  man when she was still a teen, now I know why.  She also has 3 for someone else, can't remember who now, some dormie I think.  She can stick with him and just fancy Mortimer from afar (preferably through a telescope).

John Burb fancies her in my game!  and Jennifer fancies almost anything in trousers!  But for some reason, even though they fight at least a dozen times a day, they WON't hate each other and break up, even though I have the easybreakupfix!  (I've also given him glasses and balding hair, but she still wants him!  Even though they only have one lightning bolt for each other.)

You could try and change his aspiration and zodiac sign so with both they would not be compatible anymore.

I never find that the zodiac sign really makes much of a difference, even though it's supposed to.  And aspiration shouldn't have any effect, and turn ons  and turn offs - At the moment John has vampirism and beards as his turn on, but he still fancies Jennifer (and Brandi even more).  The problem is the just neither of them have an option to break up, which they've done prior to this new NL installation, and I just can't see why!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 14, 18:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal experience shows differently.  I had a couple which started with 3 light bolts.

I change their aspiration to be uncompatible and I lost 1 light bolt

I change their zodiac signs and lost another light bolts.

Play with their turnons/offs and at the end there was no light bolt showing at all.

On the other hand, when I place compatible turnons/off they gain back 1 light bolt but never got back to 3 until I change them back to their original zodiac sign and aspiration.

Also, I had a romance sim and family Sim showing 2 light bolts just because they add attraction because of their zodiac signs.  I moved-in the townie and notice there was nothing in its turn on/off that would justify that, same with the controllable one.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 14, 18:24:40 by MissDoh » Logged
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 14, 18:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...or me either. Can you tell that's a male cat in my avatar? lol. I always assume (and we know what that say about "assuming") that people know I'm female until I stop and think that "Kelly" is a unisex name.

I've always associated it with a girl though. Probably because I've known a few girls named Kelly but I've never known a boy named Kelly.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 14, 18:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Skip--he looks terrifically cross-eyed. And I like Brandi as a sock-hopper.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 14, 19:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose, with Jennifer's great need to romance every sim in trousers, I could change her aspiration!!!!!!  But since John is family, he'd probably get more than the one lightning bolt for her, and I want the story to go the break-up way, if only at least one of them would get the option!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 14, 20:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt though that the chemistry system  is that strong so it would keep them married, you should be able to see the option to break-up, try making them both argue with each other or make them both get caught kissing or whatever you wish with another Sim, one day or the other they will break-up or they are really meant to grow old together.  To spare poor Lucy, make sure she is not there when all this happens lol.

It actually took me a few shots to have Dina Caliente get over Don Lothario...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 14, 21:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done all that!  They get to -100/-100 with each other, and still no option to break up!

Zephyr Zodiac
mishymoto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 15, 00:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If nobody can tell your cat is male, I don't think there is any hope for guessing the sex of my avatar!  Huh
It's a female BTY, as I am.
Kelly -- I actually assumed you were a male since I know only one Kelly, who is male.  Just goes to show how "assuming" never works!

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~ Sir Winston Churchill
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 15, 02:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done all that!  They get to -100/-100 with each other, and still no option to break up!

That is weird, did you try to see if it was like that all over the game or is this happening only with this couple?
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 15, 03:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or me. My avatar here shows a Baratron (R), so you can all know what one is. And fear. Fearing is an important part of the Baratron Experience.

I wonder if the people who make the Baratron wonder who this helen-louise person who shows up on Google searches under their name is, or why I happened to choose that as a username...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 15, 11:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne: no worries, I always knew you were female. I'd be VERY surprised if you were male actually!
Missdoh: no, YOU don't REALLY need to state your gender. It's quite obvious!
Zephyr: don't know many women who know about the Zephyr Zodiac. I know even less who'd use it as an avatar!
KellyQ: you anglo-saxons and your unisex names! Argh! In Greece there are MALE names and FEMALE names. No way you'd confuse one for the other.
Oh, I'm male btw! My avatar is a CD single cover by a german heavy metal band, Blind Guardian, showing an Elf crossing the icy paths of...ugh, I forgot the name! The cover is inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion, as was the full-length album (Nightfall in Middle-Earth) the band released after the single.

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 15, 19:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is weird, did you try to see if it was like that all over the game or is this happening only with this couple?

Not had a chance yet, and the only couple I can think of is Brandi and Steve, who are engaged, but they only have one LB for eath other, no matter what I try (apart from altering their personalities, and I really don't like doing that, although I do occasionally restore some genetic personality points.)

I'm actually wondering if SimPE has caused all the trouble I've been having - my hard drive seemed to be sluggish as well, so I uninstalled Version 50, and restored version 49, which was working perfectly well, just keeps nagging at me to download the new version!  So now I shall reload the game in a while and try again, and see if my game plays a bit better!  I mean, when you have 1GB of RAM, and the game is only taking the used amount up to 6-700 MB, you don't really expect everything to be jerky, do you?

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 15, 21:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know since I sneak on the SimPe site that they already release an updated version of 5.0, is it the one you were using?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 16, 01:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr: don't know many women who know about the Zephyr Zodiac. I know even less who'd use it as an avatar!

Why on earth should women not know about the Zephyr Zodiac!  Greece is obviously STILL the home of male chauvinism!

I've managed to break them up now - I took the EasyBreakUp fix out when I realised that what was probably happening was , since the fix allows them to break yup if the relationship drops below 90/90 and they were at one point -100/-100 that the fix doesn't distinguish between minuses and pluses.  Pescado, sort that on out!!!! ROFL!

I know since I sneak on the SimPe site that they already release an updated version of 5.0, is it the one you were using?

Sorry, I haven't a clue, it was the one that version 49 kept on telling me to get, so I got it, and that's when the problems really started!  But they haven't stopped yet - I think this Pleasantview is on it's way to becoming a BFBVFS!

But at least now my package files have reverted to looking like ordinary files and haven't been taken over by simPE, which is what had happened and why I think my game was in such a mess.  I remember an earlier version of SimPE that did the same, and that's when I had a problem with Unlinked copies of loads of my sims before.

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 16, 08:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why on earth should women not know about the Zephyr Zodiac!  Greece is obviously STILL the home of male chauvinism!

Alas, that is true. I'm glad I'm an exception to the rule (good upbringing helps I suppose), but regarding women and their rights we're still lacking as a whole. Not all is perfect in my little country, no. At least we produce feta!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 16, 11:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, no doubt unlike you, I've also ridden in one, and it was yellow!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 16, 13:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, no doubt unlike you, I've also ridden in one, and it was yellow!

I've never even SEEN one live mate, let alone ridden in one! Unless virtual riding is counted, in which case I've taken a stroll or two in the San Andreas version of the rig (it's called Oceanic in-game).

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 16, 13:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There you go then - the one I rode in was a yellow soft top convertible, and about half a dozen of us packed into it for a ride through Swinging London.  Bet you weren't even born then!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 16, 14:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There you go then - the one I rode in was a yellow soft top convertible, and about half a dozen of us packed into it for a ride through Swinging London.  Bet you weren't even born then!

If it was pre-1974 you're correct.  Cool

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 16, 14:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Swinging London was 60's.  I thought everyone knew that!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 16, 14:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Swinging London was 60's.  I thought everyone knew that!

Got me there.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: