More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 08:16:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tricou Name Mystery
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tricou Name Mystery  (Read 55489 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Tricou Name Mystery
« Reply #75 on: 2005 November 14, 15:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I mean the Tech College that is related to Strangetown in appearance.

Trouble with cloning is they won't be the original family, and may not actually get on as well, even if you get all their early memories to fit.  I'm having to clone my messed up sim, but she won't be the same, I've put her in a house, and she doesn't behave like the previous one did, even though she has an identical personality.  I'm actually wondering wheter to try (since this is an expeimental neighbourhood anyway) moving the original one in her house into the bin and letting her go walkabout and generate her OWN clone, then deleting her and giving that clone any relationships etc. that may be missing!  Just to see if the clone generates without the glitch that is messing her up!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 November 14, 15:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I mean the Tech College that is related to Strangetown in appearance.

Trouble with cloning is they won't be the original family, and may not actually get on as well, even if you get all their early memories to fit.  I'm having to clone my messed up sim, but she won't be the same, I've put her in a house, and she doesn't behave like the previous one did, even though she has an identical personality.  I'm actually wondering wheter to try (since this is an expeimental neighbourhood anyway) moving the original one in her house into the bin and letting her go walkabout and generate her OWN clone, then deleting her and giving that clone any relationships etc. that may be missing!  Just to see if the clone generates without the glitch that is messing her up!
true as the only thing that remains the same is the genetics in a clone

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 November 14, 15:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you think that might work?  At least if I got a clone of her that way, her family would automatically recognise her, and I think the clones generated like this by the game keep the same GUID etc.  (which is why if left in the game they can cause a BFBVFS.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 November 14, 15:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you think that might work?  At least if I got a clone of her that way, her family would automatically recognise her, and I think the clones generated like this by the game keep the same GUID etc.  (which is why if left in the game they can cause a BFBVFS.)
its possible. I have two Brandi Broke's in my game one in Pleasant view and her genetic SimPE clone in my custom Neighborhood. the clone doesnt have her memories or family tree . just the Genetics and appearance which is what I wanted  as I have her Biological Sons Jacob and Josh in my custom neighborhood.now the downside is Biologically Jacob and Josh are actual half brothers to Brandi's Sons by Skip Broke but since they arent in the same neighborhood at all I saw no reason to link them to Josh and Jacob nor did I clone Beau or Dustin as Brynne's storyline for Brandi has Beau and the child she is pregnant with taken away by the Social worker. I left her story line intact by not cloning the Broke boys even though they have the same mother as Josh and Jacob

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 November 14, 16:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, the youngest Broke is my favourite, he's cute!  You'll have to get him adopted and give him a life!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 November 14, 16:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, in Nightlife only empty houses that you move in the lots & housebins will automaticaly become permanent ones.  The ones with Sims in it can only be place once and is removed from the said bin.

Thanks Missdoh, I wasn't sure since i've not done it recently at all.  I didn't know if the lots bin could distinguish in that way, but obviously from what you say it can.

Me and another person tested that about a month ago when I was still mostly chatting on the official BBS.  We were wondering if we could have place the Pleasants family in a few neighborhoods that way but it does not work.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 14, 17:57:43 by MissDoh » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 November 14, 16:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, the youngest Broke is my favourite, he's cute!  You'll have to get him adopted and give him a life!
The original Brandi Broke is still pregnant. in pleasant view. since I dont play pleasant view she is doomed to remain pregnant

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 November 14, 16:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, perhaps someday you'll get the urge to play there! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 November 14, 16:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, perhaps someday you'll get the urge to play there! Grin
maybe if I ever get bored of my custom hood which is doubtful

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 November 14, 16:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously don't suffer from Motoki's Syyndrome, then?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 November 14, 17:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously don't suffer from Motoki's Syyndrome, then?
Nope

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 November 14, 17:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<scuffle> I'm really sorry about misspelling your id. I got in too big a hurry. I'm not really supposed to play on the net while I'm at work (except at lunchtime, like now).

That sounds like it might work, Zephyr - to let the game generate the clone. I'm curious to know how it goes Smiley

I've yet to get bored with sims2 either. Sometimes I'll do other things (even cheating on my poor sims with another game Wink), but just because there are other things that are fun also - not because I'm bored. Well, except for when I got myself stuck in the University rut. I really don't like that EP.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 November 14, 19:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the answer to that one is to visit for a while, get your students up to the next semester, then leave them for a bit.  Trying to get one group right through to graduation is totally boring.  There really should have just been four semesters, I think.  (As in sim equivalent of years!)

I'll certainly post and let you know if the in-game cloning works.  Of course, Liz has now lost all her relationships, but the rest of her will be intact and I shouldn't find it any more difficult to replace her memories that those of the SimPE clone.  and she'll still be Liz.  The clone, I think, will get a name change and be a sibling of Liz's.  (And I'll have to edit her memories again!)

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 November 15, 21:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, out of curiosity, where are you seeing the "Inherited $ from Beau" memory? In my game, the Tricou family members have a memory of inheriting money, but it says "Inherited $ from Jon Smith." Even when the Downtown is attached to Pleasantview, there is no Beau in their memories.

By the way, there is a very easy way to resurrect any sim without ever exiting the game, even if no one knows that sim. I'm surprised you are bothering with SimPe for this. All you have to do is get a live sim on any lot, then activate debug mode, shift-click on a sim and spawn the Tombstone of L&D. Use the "Add Neighbor to Family" option to add a dead sim to the family. It will say "died on another lot" and vanish. Now just use the Resurrecto-thingie to call Grim. The dead sim shows up as resurrectable. Resurrect and that's it.

The Rainelle Neengia person doesn't appear to be connected to anyone. She had only the standard "mystery sim" memories and there is nothing at all interesting about her as far as I can tell.

There are also two sims who appear to be "lost" in a way. Has anyone seen Caryl Gray and Cheryl Miller, both dark-skinned elders, without using hacks or cheats to get them to appear? From what I can determine, they show up as dead but if you add them to a family it turns out they aren't dead at all. Weird.

Here's a much better Tricou family tree, just because it's easier on the brain to have them all visible at the same time:

Fail.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 November 15, 23:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, out of curiosity, where are you seeing the "Inherited $ from Beau" memory? In my game, the Tricou family members have a memory of inheriting money, but it says "Inherited $ from Jon Smith." Even when the Downtown is attached to Pleasantview, there is no Beau in their memories.

]
in my game Jennail and company are in my custom neighborhood and in her memory panel she has inherited money from Abhijeet Tellerman. so it is possible that Beau who ever could appear as having $ left money to the Tricous

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 November 16, 01:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling the game just generates a random ID number for that memory!  silly, though, as Beau in my game is still a child!  (and though no longer "broke", the Brokes certainly don't have millions to leave anyone!

By the way, Bangelnuts, your lovely Gvaudouin is a little bitch in my game - she wandered past the Burbs house and kicked the dustbin over.  I checked her in the mirror, and she was in platinum, so no reson for her to do that at all!  Needless to say, she spent several hous on the roof and was only allowed to go home once she had pee'd herself!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 November 16, 04:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling the game just generates a random ID number for that memory!  silly, though, as Beau in my game is still a child!  (and though no longer "broke", the Brokes certainly don't have millions to leave anyone!

By the way, Bangelnuts, your lovely Gvaudouin is a little bitch in my game - she wandered past the Burbs house and kicked the dustbin over.  I checked her in the mirror, and she was in platinum, so no reson for her to do that at all!  Needless to say, she spent several hous on the roof and was only allowed to go home once she had pee'd herself!
she is a sweet heart in my game  not causing any trouble at all she was at a wedding with her parents and she had a great time she got along with everyone and even made friends with My sim JM Pescado  and thats hard to do since all he does is argue and complain but she manged to accomplish the impossible and make him a friend. Fricorith on the other hand tried to Start a fight with the Groom's Nephew Jude . and Jude is maxed in nice points! and wouldnt hurt anyone .Kudo's to  Nylisset she went over and Lectured her nephew for that and he spent the rest of the time sulking while everyone else was having a great time Toasting the newlyweds and eating wedding Cake and Dancing. Did Gvaudoin have a run in with one of the Burbs? that will cause that Behavior

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 November 16, 11:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, there is a very easy way to resurrect any sim without ever exiting the game, even if no one knows that sim. I'm surprised you are bothering with SimPe for this. All you have to do is get a live sim on any lot, then activate debug mode, shift-click on a sim and spawn the Tombstone of L&D. Use the "Add Neighbor to Family" option to add a dead sim to the family. It will say "died on another lot" and vanish. Now just use the Resurrecto-thingie to call Grim. The dead sim shows up as resurrectable. Resurrect and that's it.

Well, that's all very well, but since I didn't know the family existed until I was in simPE running through a lot of things I needed to do when I decided to open their files and have a look at them, and since I didn't know until I'd done so whether I wanted them in my game anyway, it was easier to just uncheck one of them while I was there.  Also, we all have our own way of doing things, and I avoid the cheat wiindow when I can.  For starters, I often find that the way a cheat appears in the help window is misleading and I have to try three or four times until I get it right.  And if they're cheats that don't appear in the window, then I have to check my list of cheats.  All in all, if I'm in SimPE anyway, simply opening a file and unchecking a tick box is way quicker!

Bangelnuts, to my knowledge, and theirs, none of the Burbs had ever met her!  Obviously there are subtle differences between your Tricous and mine - Fricorith has never started a fight with anyone in my game, and Lilith has been so much nicer to everyone since they got together at Uni.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 November 16, 15:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Bangelnuts, to my knowledge, and theirs, none of the Burbs had ever met her!  Obviously there are subtle differences between your Tricous and mine - Fricorith has never started a fight with anyone in my game, and Lilith has been so much nicer to everyone since they got together at Uni.
Hmm I guess  she is a little teen Hellion in your game then. and there does  seem to be subtle differences at this point. in the games. in my game she has 7 nice points and no I didnt toy with her personality and I did figure out why Fricorith attempted to start a fight with Jude it turns out Jude and Fricorith Both have crushes on the same Teen and the teen in question was Slow Dancing with Jude at the wedding reception of Jude's Uncle. the teen Likes Fricorith as a best friend but doesnt have a crush on him. she does however Have a crush on Joel and Jude  who are Brothers so the culprit on Fricorith's Part  is Jealousy.ironically Joel who is a boyfriend to Dayna the teen didnt have a Jealousy issue when his Brother was slow Dancing with Dayna. it could be because he was Dancing with his other Girlfriend Samantha who he has stronger feelings for as she was Joels first Kiss. Samantha is the sister to Dayna. in my game.Fricorith isnt having much luck with the teens Simply because there are only Two teenage girls in the neighborhood not related to him at this point.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 November 16, 20:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried cloning Lilith and putting her in the game?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 November 16, 20:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried cloning Lilith and putting her in the game?
No I havet but as a teen she would have to come with her parents correct?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 November 16, 22:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could make her a townie.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 November 16, 22:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could make her a townie.
nah I tthink I will Just clone the whole family with a bit of a make over they could be quite attractive and for sure I need teen girls in my hood

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 November 16, 22:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new hairdo works wonder!  (And Daniel functions far better if you change him to Knowledge - after all, he does love cleaning!  And I made Mary-Sue family, she changed her behaviour TOTALLY!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 November 16, 23:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new hairdo works wonder!  (And Daniel functions far better if you change him to Knowledge - after all, he does love cleaning!  And I made Mary-Sue family, she changed her behaviour TOTALLY!)
thats a good suggestion I cloned them and they are sitting in CAS right now til I enter my game again

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: