More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 08:14:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tricou Name Mystery
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tricou Name Mystery  (Read 55488 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Tricou Name Mystery
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 13, 19:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'm fuzzled (I'm easily fuzzled really Smiley)

As far as I can tell, Nightlife works exactly the way University does. It comes with a premade Downtown for me to use. If I don't wanna use that one (or want more than one) I can click the "plus" thing and create my own custom downtown.

There's nothing forcing me associate the Maxis Downtown with my neighborhood if I don't want to or even to associate *any* DT (tho if I don't associate any DT or Uni, the game will periodically remind me that I've got EPs that I'm not fully utilizing.) I can use the Maxis one, a custom one, or both or even more.

I can't delete the Maxis made downtown until I add a custom one (guess it would mess up the chooser to have nothing in it) but once I do that, I can delete the Maxis one altogether if I want to. So, either I'm missing something here, or I'm not understanding what you all are saying. If I delete it, I don't have the premade DT, correct?

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 13, 19:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'm fuzzled (I'm easily fuzzled really Smiley)

As far as I can tell, Nightlife works exactly the way University does. It comes with a premade Downtown for me to use. If I don't wanna use that one (or want more than one) I can click the "plus" thing and create my own custom downtown.

There's nothing forcing me associate the Maxis Downtown with my neighborhood if I don't want to or even to associate *any* DT (tho if I don't associate any DT or Uni, the game will periodically remind me that I've got EPs that I'm not fully utilizing.) I can use the Maxis one, a custom one, or both or even more.

I can't delete the Maxis made downtown until I add a custom one (guess it would mess up the chooser to have nothing in it) but once I do that, I can delete the Maxis one altogether if I want to. So, either I'm missing something here, or I'm not understanding what you all are saying. If I delete it, I don't have the premade DT, correct?
I have tried to create a custom downtown and the game would not let me .so what I did do was put some custom buildings in the downtown area, the game had no problem with that. also since downtown comes with Premade characters ie the Grand Vampires and Miss CrumpleBottom to delete the downtown you would love the NPC's that tend to be vital to the downtown Scenario. and nightlife is a rather buggy game  so I'm not about to make it worse with corrupted  character files that occur when you willy nilly delete maxis hoods. Ancient is an excellent testament to what happens when you set abbout mass deletions of characters and towns.Poor Ancient Sim had bug after bug after bug develop.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 13, 19:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean it wouldn't let you create a custom DT? What happened when you tried. I clicked on the plus and chose a terrain and it put me right in and was in the chooser with no problem - tho I haven't actually made much of it yet (I'm still preparing). I just did it again a minute ago to check on what I was saying. Did it not work when you went to put buildings in?

Lots of other people are creating custom downtowns, that's what JadeElliot is doing in all those neat screenshots and some of the others (some of them were main neighborhood custom lots and some DTs), and I've seen others on MTS2 and around, so I'm sure it's working fine for some people (would figure it wouldn't for me tho - if there's a bug, I generally get it sooner or later.)

Deleting *all* the buildings in the Maxis DT (except House of Fallen Trees) so I could add my own would be a major pain and even then I couldn't use a terrain I wanted, nor name it what I wanted (Downtown is kinda unimaginative imo).

I've deleted the Uni's and used my own with no issues whatsoever, so I'm not overly concerned about deleting the DT sub-hood thing, tho dunno if I'll bother or that it matters or not. The point is that you don't *have* to have it and I don't think it'll associate itself without my ever choosing it (I'd like to think not, that'd be crazy). I don't care about the vampires, I've played them and am bored with them and for this particular neighborhood they aren't appropriate and I don't want them. Really I could do without Mrs. Crumplebottom altogether, but I believe she resides elsewhere and will show up anyway - if I understood other threads rightly. Perhaps not and I don't care.

I'm not asking you to take chances with your game - I'm wondering what will happen with the Tricous if I do mine the way I want to and/or wondering if it'll double up on the ghosts if I put the house with the headstones in the lot bin. Doubling characters would be taking more chances than I'd like, but creating my own DT is something not bothering me at all (although it's going to take forever at this rate Smiley) as long as it works (I don't want to spend forever doing it just to discover it won't play.) I don't want anything from the original Maxis downtown except the Tricous (including the teens) and the House of Fallen Leaves and I'm just looking for the best way to accomplish that Smiley

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 13, 21:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[I'm not asking you to take chances with your game - I'm wondering what will happen with the Tricous if I do mine the way I want to and/or wondering if it'll double up on the ghosts if I put the house with the headstones in the lot bin. Doubling characters would be taking more chances than I'd like, but creating my own DT is something not bothering me at all (although it's going to take forever at this rate Smiley) as long as it works (I don't want to spend forever doing it just to discover it won't play.) I don't want anything from the original Maxis downtown except the Tricous (including the teens) and the House of Fallen Leaves and I'm just looking for the best way to accomplish that Smiley
[/quote]oooh ok when you create your custom hood the tricou's will automatically generate in your new hood as dead people.  dont take the others with you

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 13, 22:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and nightlife is a rather buggy game  so I'm not about to make it worse with corrupted  character files that occur when you willy nilly delete maxis hoods. Ancient is an excellent testament to what happens when you set abbout mass deletions of characters and towns.Poor Ancient Sim had bug after bug after bug develop.

Just to clarify, I didn't have any problems at all deleting Maxis-made neighbourhoods.  I haven't had Veronaville in my game for a long time - I just put the houses I liked into the Lots & Houses Bin and removed it.  Strangetown is still there, but not in its original form, that disappeared for quite a while as well.  I think what Bangelnuts is referring to is when I deleted a lot of characters from Pleasantview recently, which caused a problem with the DNA of the remaining Sims.  This was due to a beta version of SimPE and not caused by anything within the game itself.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 14, 00:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem is, if you want the House of Fallen Trees, then you do need to get into downtown to put it in the Lots and Houses Bin.  I just can't see a way of doing that unless you first associate Downtwon with your neighbourhood.  BUT, what about making a custom hood, then associating downtown with it, going into downtown and packaging the house - since you won't have played anything in the hood, this shouldn't create problems.  You might need to disable the Clean Installer if you have it, I don't know, and since Bangelnuts says some of the Tricou graves are at the cemetery, you'd need to have that as well.  Then, you could install both files into your game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 14, 00:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem is, if you want the House of Fallen Trees, then you do need to get into downtown to put it in the Lots and Houses Bin.  I just can't see a way of doing that unless you first associate Downtwon with your neighbourhood.  BUT, what about making a custom hood, then associating downtown with it, going into downtown and packaging the house - since you won't have played anything in the hood, this shouldn't create problems.  You might need to disable the Clean Installer if you have it, I don't know, and since Bangelnuts says some of the Tricou graves are at the cemetery, you'd need to have that as well.  Then, you could install both files into your game.
I resurrected the Tricous with outh their headstones .after Doing a SimPE ressurection of Fricorith. so you actually dont need their headstones at all . all you need is one member of the family such as Fricorith alive and Inges teleporter shrub. and a sim to play host to the Family Member you choose to resurrect in Sim PE. Iused a single male sim who lived alone to summon Fricorith with Inge's Shrub. I then  clicked Move in Fricorith. he bacame a member of my Sims household . I then used The reward collection by two Jeffsa to get the grim pkone  better Known as the ressurect o nomitron. after that I motherloded the harper house hold twice. Fricorith had the want to Resurrect  Jennicor. and as each family member was ressurected they in turn wanted to resurrect the next long dead family member.when the lot  had 8 sims Imoved out one branch of the tricou family so the final Tricou could be ressurected.currently The Trcous live in  3 Separate Households. My Sim who Played host to allow the resurrections now lives on his original lot alone but is best friends with the entire Tricou Family

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 14, 03:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bangelnuts, if you remember, it was me that told you that I had done it and how - I didn't use any graves, headstones or whatever, because I was in Downtown and they were in downtown.  But if you want to resurrect them in another downtown, then if you have deleted the original downtown you would need the lots which have the graves, because that is (presumably) where the ghosts would be.  Of course, one alternative, which may or may not be safe, would be to get the file numbers from SimPE, pull them all out of the neighbourhood folder and then delete the downtown and then replace them.  But there is still the problem of house!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 14, 04:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bangelnuts, if you remember, it was me that told you that I had done it and how - I didn't use any graves, headstones or whatever, because I was in Downtown and they were in downtown.  But if you want to resurrect them in another downtown, then if you have deleted the original downtown you would need the lots which have the graves, because that is (presumably) where the ghosts would be.  Of course, one alternative, which may or may not be safe, would be to get the file numbers from SimPE, pull them all out of the neighbourhood folder and then delete the downtown and then replace them.  But there is still the problem of house!
I remember but I also for got when I posted that her down town is custom so yeah she would have to have the house. when I had to do a complete reinstall  and did my custom hood the Tricous were automatically generated whe I attached the Maxis made downtown to my hood. it is anexercise in corrupting the game irrevocably to pull the file #'s from sim Pe and then find the corresponding  files in the neighborhoods Folder. unless a person is truly an expert at such things. to me its easier to attach the maxis down town and then delete the buildings you dont want . I am deleting the high rise buildings and reorganizing lots in my downtown. when I get the lots the way I want them .I will put new  High rise building in the area I want office bulidings. the good thing is other than the House of Fallen trees none of the maxis lots have ever been occupied in the downtown; I left the house of Fallen trees on it original lot and I put a haunted grave yard next door to it and a medieval type cathedral is on the other side. so that neighborhood is essentially going to be my haunted block in the downtown. I havent moved any sims downtown yet but I have 2 couples that are engaged to be married in the neighborhood  and I may move one of the couples down town after the wedding

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 14, 11:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, I think I'm over-complicating. People move their playable sims from downtown to the regular neighborhood without an issue (other than troubles with inventory and cars). It's not quite the same as moving from neighborhood to neighborhood. I think I'll attach the Maxis downtown, put the house in the bin (with the tombstones and the ones from the graveyard too), plop it down in the regular neighborhood and then create a custom downtown and delete the Maxis one (so it won't generate more townies than I want on me. If I do that before I've played any sims - so nobody's met anyone, it should work fine.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 14, 12:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think so too.  I've actually moved a house with family into the bin, then straight out again before playing any other lot, and not had a problem.  I also did something once, before I even had Uni, where I had two versions of the same game running.  One was an earlier version of the then current game, but I played it a few times and made one new family there.  I then decided I didn't want to keep two copies of the same neighbourhood, but I wanted to keep this family, so I packaged them sent them through the network to the other pc and installed them.  I didn't have any problems at all with that, although I did later have problems with the neighbourhood which were totaly unrelated.  Of course, when I did these terribly dangerous things, I'd never heard of JMPescado, or BFBVFS!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 14, 12:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think so too.  I've actually moved a house with family into the bin, then straight out again before playing any other lot, and not had a problem.  I also did something once, before I even had Uni, where I had two versions of the same game running.  One was an earlier version of the then current game, but I played it a few times and made one new family there.  I then decided I didn't want to keep two copies of the same neighbourhood, but I wanted to keep this family, so I packaged them sent them through the network to the other pc and installed them.  I didn't have any problems at all with that, although I did later have problems with the neighbourhood which were totaly unrelated.  Of course, when I did these terribly dangerous things, I'd never heard of JMPescado, or BFBVFS!
I still have no clue BFBVFS  means .I have packaged house with people in them into the housing bin and not had prolems .I generally do that when rearranging the looks of my neighborhood..and Ive yet to see a occupied dwelling in downtown with living sims that is. unlike uni which does have occupied dwellings and the maxis hoods.I still need to learn how to move a family from the neighborhood to downtown though

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 14, 13:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replied to this earlier, but the post got eaten!

If you move an occupied house to the lot bin and leave it there, the family will go walkabout and generate multiple copies of themselves, which you will find in SimPE with, I think, the RED DOT!  The copy will also meet sims, and even though you delete the copy, it will leave memories of those meetings with all the sims it has met!  So, it can generate an awful lot of data in a very short time.  I don't think it's as big a problem as it was, but I'd still be wary, and only ever, if necessary, move an occupied house on a straight in straight out basis.  I think though, it might leave a copy of itself in the lot bin, so you'd have to delete that copy pretty smartish.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 14, 13:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFBVFS - Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space, I believe Smiley

If you move an occupied house to the lot bin and leave it there, the family will go walkabout

lol @ "go walkabout" - I love that Smiley I'm pretty sure this is why my current neighborhood is on the verge of blowing up. I had a custom family I really liked and backed up a copy of them, with their house, in the bin and forgot about them (also before Uni and before I knew better). Well, that and attaching all 3 Uni's +a custom one, tho since I took all the buildings out, I'm not sure if they duplicated dormies or not. Anyway, the neighborhood only had a few people in it and wasn't played much - virtually ignored until NL came out and I started playing it, more or less to see how the EP worked and got involved. And now I notice it's got some issues...

Haven't looked with simPE tho. The interface intimidates me and I haven't quite figured out how to use it yet. Working on it tho.

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 14, 13:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFBVFS - Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space, I believe Smiley

[

Haven't looked with simPE tho. The interface intimidates me and I haven't quite figured out how to use it yet. Working on it tho.
SimPE scared me to death for the longest tme. this time I downloaded it  and read the tutorials to get the basics and then read some SimPE facts Daysies posted at MTS2 on cloning in SimPE and I use  it all the time now.Thanks for the translation Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 14, 13:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, unless you want to see your hood disintegrate, I'd find all those duplicate files fast and get rid of them with SimPE Version 50 will delete them, but you need to find the number of the file and delete it yourself from the Characters folder - at least, that's what I found, as SimPE doesn't appear to do this.  If you have that many colleges, you will have issues with the sims from each college (the ones in the bin and the frat houses etc.) will visit all three colleges, so you can't delete a college even if you want without causing problems.  In future, if you want to save a family, I'd suggest you package them and then delete them - but unless you want to have so many houses in your hood that it WILL eventually grind to a halt, why not just leave them and don't play them?

Oh, and the Tech generates a second set of NPCs as it's based on Strangetown and not Pleasantview.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 14, 14:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, in Nightlife only empty houses that you move in the lots & housebins will automaticaly become permanent ones.  The ones with Sims in it can only be place once and is removed from the said bin.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 14, 14:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replied to this earlier, but the post got eaten!

If you move an occupied house to the lot bin and leave it there, the family will go walkabout and generate multiple copies of themselves, which you will find in SimPE with, I think, the RED DOT!  The copy will also meet sims, and even though you delete the copy, it will leave memories of those meetings with all the sims it has met!  So, it can generate an awful lot of data in a very short time.  I don't think it's as big a problem as it was, but I'd still be wary, and only ever, if necessary, move an occupied house on a straight in straight out basis.  I think though, it might leave a copy of itself in the lot bin, so you'd have to delete that copy pretty smartish.

when I do that my family is in the bin and out before they can walkabout  since I generally pick the new location prior to moving them.I dont move the house with a family in it unless I know exactly where its going so it in to the bin and right back out in a span of about 10 seconds real time

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 14, 14:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, in Nightlife only empty houses that you move in the lots & housebins will automaticaly become permanent ones.  The ones with Sims in it can only be place once and is removed from the said bin.

Thanks Missdoh, I wasn't sure since i've not done it recently at all.  I didn't know if the lots bin could distinguish in that way, but obviously from what you say it can.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 14, 14:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Missdoh, I wasn't sure since i've not done it recently at all.  I didn't know if the lots bin could distinguish in that way, but obviously from what you say it can.
how do you move a family not their lot just  the family from The neighborhood to downtown?I have a sim who is getting married and I want to move him and his bride from the neighborhood to downtown I have already placed the empty house in the downtown I plan to move them to

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 14, 14:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just move them out from the family home and into the family bin.  then go to Downtown, and they will be there waiting for you.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 14, 14:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just move them out from the family home and into the family bin.  then go to Downtown, and they will be there waiting for you.
Thanks for the help

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 14, 15:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a bit like moving teens to college, except that they remain available in the original hood as well, so if you change your mind, you could move them in next door to mum and dad instead!  And of course, any downtownies that you've moved into the bin will be available for either downtown or the main hood.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 14, 15:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have that many colleges, you will have issues with the sims from each college (the ones in the bin and the frat houses etc.) will visit all three colleges, so you can't delete a college even if you want without causing problems.

Well, I don't think it's quite as bad as it sounds - what I did was ransack the other three colleges for buildings to put into my custom one. I took absolutely everything, all buildings - dorms, frat houses, classroom, community everything out and moved all the sims to the bin (whatever ones weren't already there), so there's nowhere to visit in the other three. If I try to send a sim there, it says something about not having any place to go. I do think it generated duplicates of a few of the sims tho - I've noticed some that are different sims but have the same name. Probably more sims than I need, but not as serious as if I'd just attached all 3 as working universities.

In future, if you want to save a family, I'd suggest you package them and then delete them

If I wanted to do it now, I'd use simPE's clone ability. It was a dumb thing to do as that was all I needed, but I didn't know that at the time Smiley I'm working on learning to clone for some of the sims I actually like in this neighborhood, so I can have them if I want them and it blows up. It's kinda getting phased out for my new custom one though, so I'm just glad it played as long as I needed it, but not too worried if it decides it's done all it can.

but unless you want to have so many houses in your hood that it WILL eventually grind to a halt, why not just leave them and don't play them?

hm? I don't have all that many houses at all, and not very many sims in comparison to a lot of people. I've been using this neighborhood since before University was released and at the time I messed it up, there were only two families in it (two couples), one with one kid and one with two. Smiley And a few random ones my son stuck in and never played. I've got rather more now. You mean don't play that family? I haven't been - they're in the regular neighborhood and being ignored, while I was playing almost completely in downtown and university. But I'm pretty sure they are visiting lots - both the ones living in a house and the ones in the bin. I'm wondering if moving the ones in the bin into a house and making them townies would keep the problem from getting worse?

Oh, and the Tech generates a second set of NPCs as it's based on Strangetown and not Pleasantview.

You mean the pollination tech? generates a 2nd set of NPCs in what circumstances?

Hi Bagel Smiley

read some SimPE facts Daysies posted at MTS2 on cloning in SimPE

Do you by any chance have a link to this? That's exactly what I most need I believe. And thanks for the encouragement Smiley

Unsouper
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 November 14, 15:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[
read some SimPE facts Daysies posted at MTS2 on cloning in SimPE

Do you by any chance have a link to this? That's exactly what I most need I believe. And thanks for the encouragement Smiley
http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=72235

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: