More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 08:08:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tricou Name Mystery
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tricou Name Mystery  (Read 55485 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Tricou Name Mystery
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 11, 21:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, how bizarre!  I haven't read much of the Tricou lore that's been circulating and this thread caught my attention.

In most of my neighborhoods I deleted all characters after generating the Downtown area.  I decided I wanted to put some families into Strangetown but didn't like all the backwaters that went with it, so after saving some of the sims with SimPE deleted all the characters in the main hood, then generated my Downtown area which of course gave me all the default Downtownies.  In glancing through SimPE I noticed there were a bunch of Tricous in the neighborhood, all apparently living as Downtownies.  I never thought to check the relationships before so did just now.  Sure enough, almost all are related somehow!  Hmmm.  I have a lone sim in that neighborhood who could turn detective and track down and re-unite the entire Tricor family.  That could be fun!  (Dang!  As if I didn't have a large enough mission already in Strangetown! LOL)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 12, 00:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth did you manage that? and are they still dead?

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 13, 05:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth did you manage that? and are they still dead?

Actually, yep--they're still all dead!  (That is if you're talking to me. LOL)

I snooped around some more, found they're all ghosts. (Don't know why I didn't check that before!)  Fricorith and Gvaudoin are on the family lot along with someone named Rainelle Neengia.  Jon Smith and Jennicor are in the Gothier Green whatever cemetery, as are their two daughters, Jennail and Nylissit.  I'm still sort of puzzling, though, over where Keirnan and Kvornan are 'buried'.  They're the dads of the two teens 'buried' on the home lot.

Alas, unless I figure out some tricky fenaggling they're all going to have to stay dead until I get University.  I was thinking maybe there was a way to bring them back without it but, well, I suppose it's time to rip my lips off for that kind of stupidity.  Roll Eyes

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 13, 11:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestingly enough (or not), the Tricou family always generates when you create a downtown, even if it's a custom downtown with no lots.  I discovered this when creating a blank neighborhood for myself.  It seems that they're a fixture in the character files for the downtown templates and will always be present.  Kinda annoying, actually, since it adds to your character file count without actually giving you any useful characters.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 13, 13:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Musing...It seems possible that they are used as the 'templates' for downtownies considering that downtownies aren't half as ugly as normal townies.

Coincidentally, if you resurrect one they'll have that "Resurrect so and so" want for quite a while.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 13, 13:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Musing...It seems possible that they are used as the 'templates' for downtownies considering that downtownies aren't half as ugly as normal townies.

Coincidentally, if you resurrect one they'll have that "Resurrect so and so" want for quite a while.
very true I resurrected Fricorith and he had the want to resurrect Jennicor and it went down the line from there

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 13, 13:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Btw, guys don't you think Tricous are pretty handsome or pretty? (When compared with other Maxis townies.)  Cheesy
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 13, 13:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a gorilla is pretty handsome when compared with Maxis townies.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 13, 13:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Btw, guys don't you think Tricous are pretty handsome or pretty? (When compared with other Maxis townies.)  Cheesy
Jennail,Gvaudoin,Kvornan and Kiernan have far better looks than  most maxis townies etc...and Nylisset dramatically changes once you  get rid of the glasses, ugly clothes and hair.put a nice hairdo and clothes and makeup on Nylisset and she becomes stunning quicky.I changed Fricoriths Hair and took the makeup off and he turns into a wholesome  teenager.if you do the same to Jon Smiths Downtownie children they too are very good looking. I will take a picture of them and up load them to photo bucket so you can see how well the clean up. the only two I havent changed is Kvornan and Kiernan. I will probably change the clothes on them though

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 13, 13:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a gorilla is pretty handsome when compared with Maxis townies.

What?  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Motoki, you are so funny! Haha I laughed a lot!  Grin I think you are a man full of humor.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 13, 14:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like fricorith's Goth look!  He's actually very similar in appearance to the youngest Broke (who I always give that hairstyle, but the Maxis custom one with the lilac streak!) so maybe the "Inherited money from Beau" means that they actually made the family from the Brokes?  Nothing would really surprise me!

But if you accept they are NOT townies, any more than the Brokes, the Goths or the Pleasants are townies, then it's obvious that, since there is only one Downtown template, they will be part of any installation you have, unlike townies/downtownies and dormies who generate randomly no doubt because they are programmed to keep replacing themselves on a random basis.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 13, 14:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like fricorith's Goth look!  He's actually very similar in appearance to the youngest Broke (who I always give that hairstyle, but the Maxis custom one with the lilac streak!) so maybe the "Inherited money from Beau" means that they actually made the family from the Brokes?  Nothing would really surprise me!

But if you accept they are NOT townies, any more than the Brokes, the Goths or the Pleasants are townies, then it's obvious that, since there is only one Downtown template, they will be part of any installation you have, unlike townies/downtownies and dormies who generate randomly no doubt because they are programmed to keep replacing themselves on a random basis.
as far as his goth look goes  thats more or less personal taste.I prefer the clean cut look so I change the things that I dont like . ie  the Goth look. his facial features are quite good underneath the goth appearance. as ar Gvaudoin's

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 13, 15:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have clean-cut sims too - variety is the spice of sim-life!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 13, 16:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so if I make a custom downtown, I will get the dead Tricou's? I can just package the House of Fallen Leaves if I want it. What about the teens, will they generate in a custom downtown if I allow townie generation?

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 13, 16:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they'll generate, but with different names.  Packaging the house of Fallen Trees while there are ghosts on the lot is a way dangerous thing to do!  You will, no matter what, get the Maxis original Downtown, and the house of Fallen Trees will be there.  Then, if you move ALL the ghosts from the lot, you could just move it to the houses bin, then replace it.  It will leave a duplicate in the bin, which will be available in all other related hoods.  (If you want, you can package that, but there's no need.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 13, 17:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have clean-cut sims too - variety is the spice of sim-life!
True  and My hood contains "trampy Sims" clean cut sims and Diva Type sims and bad boy type sims. and clean cut the only thing not in my hood is Gothic type sims. because I abhor the syle. now if there Goth Townies and downtownies I leave them like that .I dont whisk them off to the makeover table.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 13, 17:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we're all different, I guess, I've been making goth-type sims for a while now - but Fricorith is wearing the biker-style clothes now.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 13, 17:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we're all different, I guess, I've been making goth-type sims for a while now - but Fricorith is wearing the biker-style clothes now.
in my game he is wearing the Jock type outfit. grandpa is wearing the same clothes he was resurrected in as is Kvornan and Kiernan. Grandma is wearing Jeans and a sweater and has  a Scarlett O'Hara  Hair Do.Nylisset  is wearing Jeans and a top she lost the glasses and the hair and now has long blonde hair and subtle make up on.Jennail has a new outfit and makeup but I kept her hair the same. Gvaudoin now has Long Black hair a casual teen out fit and new make up. she lost the preppie uniform and hairstyle. she is wearing a hooded sweat shirt and Jeans now. She did have a small bit of  surgery to lose the extra long nose. other than that she is the Same Gvaudoin.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 13, 17:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done much with Gvaudouin except give her some new clothes, can't remember what.  Jennail has a pair of Teresa's jeans from The Real Sim (purple ones) and a matching sweater.  Jennicor's outfit, I think, is from All About Style, and she has a short hairstyle - I also changed her aspiration to Knowledge - one acquisitive sim in the family I thought was enough!  (And I made Kiernan Family to stop his hanky-panky!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 13, 17:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done much with Gvaudouin except give her some new clothes, can't remember what.  Jennail has a pair of Teresa's jeans from The Real Sim (purple ones) and a matching sweater.  Jennicor's outfit, I think, is from All About Style, and she has a short hairstyle - I also changed her aspiration to Knowledge - one acquisitive sim in the family I thought was enough!  (And I made Kiernan Family to stop his hanky-panky!)
do you have the links to those sites you mention? Gvaudoin's Hair in my game  came from TSR as did Nylissets.Dr.Pixel is the creator.Jennicor's came from Sussi's sims. Fricorith's also came from TSR by Janna. his out fit is a maxis Recolor from MTS2 .as is Nylisset's and Jenails and Jennicor's using Motoki's clothing tool. I havent changed the aspirations yet as Kiernan hasnt been ogling the  women in the hood to this point .He has made best friends with them however and I do have a Romance female in the hood if he wants to play around she is game and I left Jennail and Gvaudoin's aspirations alone as they balance the  neighborhood out fairly well. I am going to  change 5 of the aspirations of Jon Smith's children that Jennicor adopted. 7 pleasure sims in one house is a bit much

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 13, 17:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.all-about-style.com/index.html

http://www.therealsim.com/

The Real sim is a pay site, although Teresa usually offers one of a set as a freebie.  You can also get a one month sub very cheaply compared to a lot of paysites - and you don't have to sign up for longer than that.  Her kids jeans and little girls' tops are worth the sub on their own, they're so well made!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 13, 17:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.all-about-style.com/index.html

http://www.therealsim.com/

The Real sim is a pay site, although Teresa usually offers one of a set as a freebie.  You can also get a one month sub very cheaply compared to a lot of paysites - and you don't have to sign up for longer than that.  Her kids jeans and little girls' tops are worth the sub on their own, they're so well made!

Thanks

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 13, 18:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then, if you move ALL the ghosts from the lot, you could just move it to the houses bin, then replace it.  It will leave a duplicate in the bin, which will be available in all other related hoods.

Yeah, I'll put the house in the bin - no need for packaging anymore Smiley

If the dead Tricou's are a fixture anyway, I'm not sure what harm it'd do to have their tombstones, or do you think they'll duplicate? I just want one set, not two, but I do want all of them, and I'd like to give them their house back.

I *could* just use the premade downtown and delete everything I don't want and remake it, but... seems like more work than necessary just to get that one house and family and the corresponding teens.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 13, 18:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can NOT have the premade Downtown.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 13, 18:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can NOT have the premade Downtown.
I tend to agree that the only down town you get is the Maxis made downtown

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: