More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 23:17:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Good Place to Download NHood Terrains
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good Place to Download NHood Terrains  (Read 10706 times)
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
Good Place to Download NHood Terrains
« on: 2005 November 08, 23:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there!

I recently had an urge to create a new neighborhood area. I found two wonderful terrains over at MTS2 after some heavy looking. One was for the NH itself and one was for the Downtown area.

But I've noticed I always have huge neighborhoods and only a few families. So I'm looking for a moderately small terrain. Much like the one in JadeEliott's Whimsy Valley

Does anyone have a site that features good terrains? Preferrably small?

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
Re: Good Place to Download NHood Terrains
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 08, 23:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley
I read over the Whimsy Valley post again and saw there was a link to the YahooGroup that has Terrains.

I found one I like. But please, more links are HIGHLY appreciated. Who knows, I might not like this one either!

Not to mention I need a name for this Neighborhood. :sigh:  Undecided

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 09, 00:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it you don't have SimCity 4? You can create your own terrain and then import it into the Sims. That's what I've started doing. Is there a particular terrain style that you want?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 09, 00:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't generally use custom terrains. I like my terrains completely flat and no one makes them like that, so I don't bother downloading. I mostly use Viper Canyon over and over. Ugh.

But http://simestates2.planetthesims.gamespy.com/neighborhood_terrains.htm has some terrains that you might look at.

Fail.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 09, 02:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some places I found for you (did not have anything to do tonight lol)

http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/Terrains.htm
http://www.charmedsims.com/neighborhoodsbysusan.html
http://jendea2.jendea.net/  once there, simply clic on the lots/regions link and then on regions

Well not much but it still took me 45 minutes to find them  Cheesy
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 09, 11:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys! Some of those are really great!

Now if only I could figure out how to delete a downtown. I don't like having a separate downtown so I created one, took all the lots, and put them in my neighborhood. But I can't find the delete button to delete the old downtown.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 09, 11:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to click on the downtown button again-select the downtown you don't want, then when the screen pops up there should be a little dustbin by the side of it.  Smiley

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 09, 21:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that last night but didn't see the dustbin. I'll try again. Maybe the game doesn't let me delete it because it's already created downtownies associated with iT?

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 09, 22:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No dustbin. . . Undecided

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 09, 22:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that last night but didn't see the dustbin. I'll try again. Maybe the game doesn't let me delete it because it's already created downtownies associated with iT?

Have you actually gone in and played any lots in the neighborhood? I know that it won't let me delete a lot I have placed in the nieghborhood until I've gone in, played the lot (even for a few seconds), and then save the lot. Maybe it's doing something like that for the neighborhood.  Try placing a lot in the nieghborhood, going into the lot and then saving the lot. See if you get the dust bin option then.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 09, 22:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you delete it from your neighborhood folder? That's where the downtown package file is. Anyone know?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 09, 22:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you aren't actually on the neighbourhood you want to delete-I am always doing that!

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 09, 23:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:embarrassed:

Alright, you caught me. Tongue That's exactly what I was doing, Emma. Oopsie..

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 09, 23:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But wait a minute...I that's the only time I'm able to access that NH's Downtown Chooser. I can't access Gulliford's Downtown chooser from Pleasantville, can I?

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 09, 23:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But wait a minute...I that's the only time I'm able to access that NH's Downtown Chooser. I can't access Gulliford's Downtown chooser from Pleasantville, can I?

If you are deleting the base neighborhood, you can't be in it. I don't know of any way to delete the downtown if you are not in the base neighborhood at the time you are trying to delete it.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 09, 23:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that you can't delete a downtown neighborhood unless you have at least two downtown neighborhoods. If you just have one, you can't delete it. If you have more than one, then you can delete one.

Fail.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 10, 01:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see.

So to delete it, I'd have to add another Downtown area. But to delete THAT one, I'd have to add another.

Basically, I'm screwed.

Hmmph.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 10, 01:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see.

So to delete it, I'd have to add another Downtown area. But to delete THAT one, I'd have to add another.

Basically, I'm screwed.

Hmmph.

That about sums it up.

Fail.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 10, 01:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem when I wanted to change my Uni from Sim State to Acadamie Le Tour.  I had to make the latter first, then I could delete the former.  Of course, I then had a University 2 but no University 1, so I had to rename it.  When I had to do it again (can't remember why), I bulldozed all the Sim State lots so it was totally void of anything, then deleted the University file in my Sims folder.  You could try doing that to get rid of your unwanted Downtown.  Not sure why you wouldn't want a Downtown though, because without it none of the downtownies will visit and you'll have no vamps.  Or maybe that's the idea?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 10, 01:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem when I wanted to change my Uni from Sim State to Acadamie Le Tour.  I had to make the latter first, then I could delete the former.  Of course, I then had a University 2 but no University 1, so I had to rename it.  When I had to do it again (can't remember why), I bulldozed all the Sim State lots so it was totally void of anything, then deleted the University file in my Sims folder.  You could try doing that to get rid of your unwanted Downtown.  Not sure why you wouldn't want a Downtown though, because without it none of the downtownies will visit and you'll have no vamps.  Or maybe that's the idea?

Heh, I don't like having a separate downtown because it's ugly. I'd have all this empty space in the Nhood, so why not add a downtown to it? I dunno, it's just me.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 10, 02:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like said, you can do it that way but downtownies will only hang on downtown community lots so you will have no vamps visiting your regular community lots at all neither downtownie.  On the other hand, townie do hang on downtown community lots.  By the way, why don't you do the opposite, Sims can live downtown so why not move all your Sims there instead?  

And also if you did not notice yet, any lot you place in the "lots & housebin" become permanent (as long as there are no Sims living in it) so you can place them over and over again so if you like some houses from all the neighborhoods, University section or downtown section, you can add them all, place them back where you took them since a copy is made in the bin and reuse them to create your custom downtown section.

When you create your custom hood you can from the start create a custom downtown instead of selecting the existing one.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 10, 02:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like said, you can do it that way but downtownies will only hang on downtown community lots so you will have no vamps visiting your regular community lots at all neither downtownie.  On the other hand, townie do hang on downtown community lots.  By the way, why don't you do the opposite, Sims can live downtown so why not move all your Sims there instead?   

And also if you did not notice yet, any lot you place in the "lots & housebin" become permanent so you can place them over and over again so if you like some houses from all the neighborhoods, University section or downtown section, you can add them all, place them back where you took them since a copy is made in the bin and reuse them to create your custom downtown section.

When you create your custom hood you can from the start create a custom downtown instead of selecting the existing one.

Gosh darnit. I should've done that. Garrr.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 10, 02:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well depending on how far you are in creating that custom neighborhood you could always scrap it and redo a new but prior you send all your empty lots in the "lots & housebin" so it won't take that much time to recreate a new one.  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 10, 02:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I don't like about downtown is the way, even though your get rid of that awful grey tarmac on your lots, when you go to another lot, then it is still there in the view from that lot.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 10, 02:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr, you mean the concrete terraintype? Try typing "terraintype lush" or "terraintype desert" depending on your liking. That should work. Although, you might have to go into each lot and hold ctrl with the terrain-air-brush to remove it, that's what I had to do once.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: