More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 14:22:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It are unfair! Lack of Kittuns brings morale down!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It are unfair! Lack of Kittuns brings morale down!  (Read 13169 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
It are unfair! Lack of Kittuns brings morale down!
« on: 2008 July 16, 16:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whycome college students can't has kittuns? They can has fish or birds or womrats, but no kittuns. This are sad state of events!

</lolcat>

Seriously, though, I know it's probably because uni was made before pets, and because it would probably cause a BFBVFS, but I know my kittun made college a lot less stressy.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: It are unfair! Lack of Kittuns brings morale down!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 16, 16:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I could take my kittehs to college with me. It's going to be so weird not having them around.

Edit to be relevant to Sims: That said, considering what the Mod That Will Not Be Named allows you to do with university lots, it seems like it should be technically possible. I'm not a modder, though.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 16, 17:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the new *barf* lap dogs will be Uni friendly? Since they can has docking station.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 16, 17:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also weird that you don't even ever see strays wandering the college lots. Uni really seems like the forgotten step-child EP most of the time.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 16, 17:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the new *barf* lap dogs will be Uni friendly? Since they can has docking station.
dogs with a docking station. I wonder if they'll break like the robots that have docking stations.  Cheesy

Quote from: jsalemi
Uni really seems like the forgotten step-child EP most of the time.
I wonder if it was the worst selling EP. Are there stats anywhere saying how many were sold of each EP?
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 16, 18:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the first EP.  I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of the highest selling EP's.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 16, 18:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I frankly quite like it - when I get tired of the regular 'hood rat-race of work, skilling, badge-hunting, try to avoid aging too fast, I can go to uni and play entirely different sims with different goals.  Quite relaxing, as a change.  I use the holidays in the same way.  Anyway, if you play it right, there is loads of fight in uni.

I still have not played any pets though, so I was unaware that you couldn't have kittehs there.  Can one have a kitteh in a NL sub-hood/downtown residence?  Presumeably so.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 16, 19:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, kittehs and puppies can be had in downtown and suburb. Just not in Uni. I'd imagine they didn't enable it as that would be something they'd have to deal with moving back to the main 'hood, and who gets it in a house with more than one resident? Anyways, wouldn't Inge's statue work? You should be able to summon and add to family. I'm talking out of my ass, of course, as my sims have been living in dorms for the longest time. More drama....while my dormies aren't dormies indefinitely, they are for an entire generation and have already had childhood (sort of) and the teenage time period to start their relationships up. I don't get too much fighting, but there's plenty of visits to the photo booth.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 16, 20:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dogs with a docking station. I wonder if they'll break like the robots that have docking stations.  Cheesy

Go put that in the Bork pool! It sounds very likely.

I've never tried, but could you teleport a pet in?
edit: I am blind. Zazazu said that. I was distracted by mental images of lap dogs giving off sparks and needing a screw driver to fix.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 16, 22:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason we can't have pets at Uni is the aging problem.  Like the vacation 'hoods, normal aging rules don't apply.  I bet though, that if you have uni lots in the main 'hood with Lion's hack, you could have pets.  Zazazu, didn't you just post that you could get a YA and A to co-exist on the same lot?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 16, 22:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other problem with having pets on Uni lots is that when your sims graduate, the pets will end up abandoned on the lot. Thus why you are allowed only the cage pets. Uni, for the most part, is the forgotten expansion, but it also benefits the most from HAVING other expansions, because its great expansive nothingness is filled by all the other activities added.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 17, 00:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it was the worst selling EP. Are there stats anywhere saying how many were sold of each EP?
I'd be interested to see something like that too.

My money is on Nightlife as the best-selling. I bet it even sold more than ZOMGPets since the game was younger when NL came out, and it still had everyone's full attention.

I also doubt Uni sold poorly. It was a big to do when it first arrived.

I remember my friends who are non-hardcore simmers were running around yelling, "AHH! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SIMS 2 UNIVERSITY!!!"

I personally was not fond of the concept until I played it. I didn't buy it for months and only gave in because I got tired of seeing everybody on the internet talking about features I knew nothing of.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 17, 00:56:54 by buddha pest » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 17, 00:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing with Uni is that it got old REALLY fast. It wasn't until later expansions added more stuff to do PERIOD that it really filled the void. Uni without the other expansions is just really dull. It's the fact that the empty space lets you explore the other expansions that makes it tolerable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 17, 00:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It got especially old fast pre-mods to make it shorter.

I remember the first sims I sent to uni were Angela Pleasant and some alien kid. I really couldn't believe how long it took to play them all the way through.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
As EPs go, it wasn't that bad.
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 17, 01:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least you got SOMETHING for your money.  Compare that to useless EPs like Freetime.  The hobbies are a total waste of time.  The only nice features of it are the second aspirations and aspiration benefits.  Everything else is trivial.  Hard to justify the price (although I got mine at a hefty, hefty discount).

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 17, 02:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of the new objects are fun though.

I'm also a fan of perma-plat no longer being reliant on a career or some other stupid thing that I don't feel like doing.

I never want to skill my sims anymore though because they'll start getting uncharacteristic obsessions and start doing stupid little annoying animations every five seconds.

Are there any mods out there to nix those btw? The stomach patting and the whistling MUST DIE. Although the a&c framing anim is funny because many times it is aimed at boobs, and lol happens because I'm 12.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 17, 04:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason we can't have pets at Uni is the aging problem.  Like the vacation 'hoods, normal aging rules don't apply.  I bet though, that if you have uni lots in the main 'hood with Lion's hack, you could have pets.  Zazazu, didn't you just post that you could get a YA and A to co-exist on the same lot?
Yes, but that was a residential lot in the main 'hood. Not a dorm or a lot in Uni. The phone options are still not present in a Uni 'hood...I have two kids waiting for their turn in the rotation right now, and no options to call Pet Adoption appear.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 17, 05:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any mods out there to nix those btw? The stomach patting and the whistling MUST DIE. Although the a&c framing anim is funny because many times it is aimed at boobs, and lol happens because I'm 12.

I'm 36 and the 'lol' still happens for me too. Cheesy

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 17, 09:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be possible with a Pet Teleporter to add a Kat or Dog to a Dorm or Residential House in Uni Hood. I have done so it was Fun. But you have to remove the Pet before the last YA goes home in the main Hood. It is possible to sell or give away the Pet to a Adult invited in a Dorm (it worked with Seasons, later i had no Pet in my Uni).
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 17, 10:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never want to skill my sims anymore though because they'll start getting uncharacteristic obsessions and start doing stupid little annoying animations every five seconds.

Are there any mods out there to nix those btw?

TJ has a hack that reduces the hobby gestures, and Paladin one that completely stomps them. I have the latter and are very happy with it. Now all I need is something to stomp the 500 pt. hobby wants.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 17, 10:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've tried already. They lack check trees and refuse to be properly stomped.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 17, 11:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. Even "blog about" and "talk about?"

That is where the stupid animations come in handy. You can know which townies  to "talk about" to.

Okay, maybe I do hate Free Time...just a little lot.

Modders used to could fix it. Anti-sports party wants, anti-shrub-buying wants, anti-all the stupid EP-related bullshit....

Oh, yesteryear.  Cry
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 July 17, 12:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg is there hacks that prevents them from trying to use the computer for hobbytime? Cause they get so angry when someone is using the one computer on the lot. LOL

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 July 17, 12:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg is there hacks that prevents them from trying to use the computer for hobbytime? Cause they get so angry when someone is using the one computer on the lot. LOL

Try TwoJeffs' Computer Fixes. I play with the no autonomy version, and have since been a much happier camper.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 July 17, 12:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've tried already. They lack check trees and refuse to be properly stomped.
I noticed that when I tried to stomp them myself. Too bad you can't just delete them from the wants package (although this seemed to work) - the attempt broke my pottery wheel.

@buddha pest: From what I've seen, the only hobby wants that do have check trees (and thus could be stomped) are the max enthusiasm wants which are the only ones with decent aspiration (8,000?).

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: