More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:28:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another total mess
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another total mess  (Read 14139 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Another total mess
« on: 2005 October 31, 12:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I've really done it and I'm not even sure what I've done.   Cry  I could not get my custom sim content (clothes, hair, eyes, makeup, jewelry, etc) to show up anywhere, even in bodyshop, even though it was in my downloads folder.  Finally, I used SimPE to make backups of all my neighborhoods, moved my downloads to my desktop and re-installed NL.  Went into bodyshop, YEAH, cc all there.  Okay.  I copied and pasted my neighborhoods back over from SimPE backup.  Went into the game.... ALL houses are missing from downtown, all buildings completely.  Also from SimState University.  Neighborhood decorations are there, but no buildings whatsoever.  Even Maxis ones.  In the base neighborhood (pleasantview) only the Maxis houses are present.  NONE of my families.  None of my houses.  All Maxis families are there in the base neighborhood, but no one is at SimState.  All families show up in SimPE and in the neighborhood folder under characters.  SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?  What have I done and what did I do wrong?  ARRGH! 

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Another total mess
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 31, 13:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I've really done it and I'm not even sure what I've done.   Cry  I could not get my custom sim content (clothes, hair, eyes, makeup, jewelry, etc) to show up anywhere, even in bodyshop, even though it was in my downloads folder.  Finally, I used SimPE to make backups of all my neighborhoods, moved my downloads to my desktop and re-installed NL.  Went into bodyshop, YEAH, cc all there.  Okay.  I copied and pasted my neighborhoods back over from SimPE backup.  Went into the game.... ALL houses are missing from downtown, all buildings completely.  Also from SimState University.  Neighborhood decorations are there, but no buildings whatsoever.  Even Maxis ones.  In the base neighborhood (pleasantview) only the Maxis houses are present.  NONE of my families.  None of my houses.  All Maxis families are there in the base neighborhood, but no one is at SimState.  All families show up in SimPE and in the neighborhood folder under characters.  SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?  What have I done and what did I do wrong?  ARRGH! 

C
did you check the health of your files using SimPE you could have a unhealthy file corrupting eevery thing in the saved sims folder it could be something as simple as a Tshirt  causing an issue. I would run a diagnostic health Scan  using SimPE and see if SimPe can pinpoint the problem file and fix it. worst case scenario SimPe cant Find the issue and a total reinstall would be necessary.it takes SimPe a good thirty minutes or longer to run a Scan if you have a large Sims2 File and a ton of downloads like I do.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 31, 13:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh.  I'll try that, thanks.  I didn't know SimPE could do that.  I'm still really a noob.  I'm learning, but I don't have a ton of time to devote to it.  At least all my family character files are saved.

C

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 31, 15:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry  Well, did you see it?  It was visible from outer space, ya know.   Tongue  I ended up uninstalling everything and reinstalling from the ground up.  Every time I went in, more stuff was wrong until finally even after a reinstall there were no neighborhoods at all, forget about buildings, there were no neighborhoods!   Huh Huh

So.  Here I go again.  Let's home the SimPE backups weren't what FUBAR'ed it in the first place and once I've gone in and created the uni, the downtowns, etc., that I can restore some semblence of my former little pixel lives.  Sigh. 

C

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 31, 15:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, that sucks, Chris.

Good luck with it all.  Smiley
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 31, 15:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the SimPE backup.  When I restored again, it deleted all the buildings in downtown and Uni, leaving only maxis stuff in the base neighborhood.  MAN that does suck.  Well.  I guess I was getting bored with those same old families anyway.  Now it's time for new houses, new lives, etc.

Angry

C

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 31, 15:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry  Well, did you see it?  It was visible from outer space, ya know.   Tongue  I ended up uninstalling everything and reinstalling from the ground up.  Every time I went in, more stuff was wrong until finally even after a reinstall there were no neighborhoods at all, forget about buildings, there were no neighborhoods!   Huh Huh

So.  Here I go again.  Let's home the SimPE backups weren't what FUBAR'ed it in the first place and once I've gone in and created the uni, the downtowns, etc., that I can restore some semblence of my former little pixel lives.  Sigh. 

C
sounds like you have a corrupted file in your saved sims file. the only way to fix the problem is to save your download file on your desk top and uninstall the game .nightlife only and reinstall unfortunately you will lose your families but at least your downloads wont be lost.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 31, 15:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like you have a corrupted file in your saved sims file. the only way to fix the problem is to save your download file on your desk top and uninstall the game .nightlife only and reinstall unfortunately you will lose your families but at least your downloads wont be lost.

This is what I was doing... removing entire download folder and going in clean.  Still no neighborhoods.  It was visible from outer space I say.   Sad

Now, I have neighborhoods, but none of my people are in them.  They are lost.  <wails>

C

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 31, 16:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of reinstalling for the 3rd time (since it does not seem to be a faulty installation) if you want to start fresh you can either delete the neighborhood folder in c:/mydocuments/eagames/theSims2 or delete the Sims2 folder located in c:/mydocuments/eagames/.

If you choose to delete the Complete Sims2 folder make sure to move your download folder 1st otherwise you will delete it in the process.  If by deleting the neighborhoods folder only it does not work for sure deleting the Sims2 one will, I have done that plenty of times.

When you will start the game, it will generate all the missing folder and give you a fresh start.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 31, 16:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I was doing... removing entire download folder and going in clean.  Still no neighborhoods.  It was visible from outer space I say.   Sad

Now, I have neighborhoods, but none of my people are in them.  They are lost.  <wails>

C
uninstall the game completely  you only need to uninstall nightlife. reinstall the game you will lose the sims you creatd completely and the default maxis hood.s and sims will be back when you reinstall the game. move your downloads back in  patch your game and  make sure everything is ok ie your maxis characters are there  exit the neighbor hood after saivng and try rentering the neighborhood if you are able to play a maxis family when you reenter preferably the one you played for a few minutes on the test run then save exit either to the neighborhood view or main menu if you are wanting to create a custom neighbor hood and  you should be able to create your hood and then go CAS and recreate your sims and place them in houses or lots and play them save exit and renter later to find them sitting right where you left them

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 31, 16:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uninstall the game completely  you only need to uninstall nightlife. reinstall the game you will lose the sims you creatd completely and the default maxis hood.s and sims will be back when you reinstall the game. move your downloads back in  patch your game and  make sure everything is ok ie your maxis characters are there  exit the neighbor hood after saivng and try rentering the neighborhood if you are able to play a maxis family when you reenter preferably the one you played for a few minutes on the test run then save exit either to the neighborhood view or main menu if you are wanting to create a custom neighbor hood and  you should be able to create your hood and then go CAS and recreate your sims and place them in houses or lots and play them save exit and renter later to find them sitting right where you left them

yeah.  That's the plan.  Still not a happy camper. 

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 01, 00:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sympathy, sympathy, sympathy!! Sympathy, sympathy, sympathy!!  Sympathy, sympathy, sympathy!!  Sympathy, sympathy, sympathy!!

I can't help, just offer sympathy.  *hands over box of Kleenex*   Undecided

That sucks.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 01, 01:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Windy.  I've decided to suck it up and just start over.  I've got Brynne's Justin Goth-Bayfield and I'm going to start with him.  I've also downloaded some nice asian sims because my neighborhoods weren't colorful enough.  I don't like everyone to be the same race.  So, I'm going to start a rainbow connection neighborhood and maybe toss in a few vamps just for fun.   Wink

C

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 01, 02:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Windy.  I've decided to suck it up and just start over.  I've got Brynne's Justin Goth-Bayfield and I'm going to start with him.  I've also downloaded some nice asian sims because my neighborhoods weren't colorful enough.  I don't like everyone to be the same race.  So, I'm going to start a rainbow connection neighborhood and maybe toss in a few vamps just for fun.   Wink

C
up load some Pics when you do.sounds interesting.I am expecting two born in game Justin's. Joe got Bella Pregnant with twins. and yes its the real bella and the real Joe so Justin will have 2 new siblings in about 3 sim days.Poor Bella I feel sorry for her she has such horrible morning sickness.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 01, 02:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The answer to that question, Bella, is yes.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 01, 02:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The answer to that question, Bella, is yes.

stick her in Jeans and a top  and there she is  in my game with the same thought Bubble then exit to the couch and she is sitting there Bawling with the thought bubble being the Same. yet in her fears it reads she fears the Death of Joe,Fears Marriage to Joe andfears joe will reject her flirting. not a chance Joe is nuts about Bella Grin

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 01, 02:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is, too. See him swooning in the background? (In front of the big Merola Painting that is most magically hanging in the air)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 01, 03:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is, too. See him swooning in the background? (In front of the big Merola Painting that is most magically hanging in the air)
yep the Chemistry is so obvious between Joe and Bella .I think the only thing that keeps them from getting Married is the fact that they are Both Romance sims

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 01, 10:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your greek correspondent would like to report the sighting of a bright flash in the sky yesterday (don't remember time, I was too immersed in the plottings of San Andreas. I almost missed my favorite TV series because of that bloody game!). Hang in there faemidwife. See it not as an end, but as a beginning of something new and exciting.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 01, 13:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your greek correspondent would like to report the sighting of a bright flash in the sky yesterday (don't remember time, I was too immersed in the plottings of San Andreas. I almost missed my favorite TV series because of that bloody game!). Hang in there faemidwife. See it not as an end, but as a beginning of something new and exciting.

Thanks Dr. Beast.  You guys are great.  I appreciate the sympathy.  My dear hubby hasn't a clue why I was so upset and why I spent approx. 6 hours over the last two days trying to salvage my favorite neighborhood.  I will indeed think of it as a new beginning.  I was getting bored with my own family anyway.  I still have them all cloned, maybe someday I will recreate my house (not saved -- STUPID STUPID STUPID) and start over again with some drama, since my real family doesn't have any.  Smiley

C

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 01, 16:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is the best way to see it espacially if you like to play with any of the pre-made Maxis neighborhood.  You can make them have completely new adventures.  I resetted a few times already and add perfect families with perfect life until I got tired and started to kill them any way possible within the game (electrocution, starving, fire, scissors) and it was kind of educational, I never let a Sim go before and it help me accept that they must not have all a perfect life.

Now in some neighborhoods Sims are cheating, fighting, dying and of course spend a lot of time in downtown.  I did not start playing with any of the 3 pre-made neighborhoods since my last fresh install (about 2 weeks ago) but I did set them up the way I like, change their zodiac signs, their aspiration and so on.  I am mostly having fun in a neighborhood I created which was a first since I always played with Pleasantview before.

The one I had the must work with was Veronaville, I never liked the scenario but did love the way the neighborhood is design so none of them are angry at each other anymore, I will decide if it happens or not lol.... Yes I am a control freak! (eventhough I play with free-will on).

So have fun with your new resetted game and please give use all the juice details about what happens to them  Grin
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 01, 19:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen once and I did manage to sort it out, mainly because I knew that if everything was still intact, I hadn't lost it.  I am trying to remember what I did and I have a feeling I altered something in one of the character files so the neighbourhood package file would be reset.  I know I did this with some problem and I have a feeling it was that one.  If you still have the files and can open the neighbourhood, try adding or removing a memory or changing something for a character (such as their turn on/offs), then commit and save.  I'm pretty sure that's what I did when this happened to me. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 01, 23:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen once and I did manage to sort it out, mainly because I knew that if everything was still intact, I hadn't lost it.  I am trying to remember what I did and I have a feeling I altered something in one of the character files so the neighbourhood package file would be reset.  I know I did this with some problem and I have a feeling it was that one.  If you still have the files and can open the neighbourhood, try adding or removing a memory or changing something for a character (such as their turn on/offs), then commit and save.  I'm pretty sure that's what I did when this happened to me. 

Ancient, I can open the neighborhood.  But the only characters there are maxis.  Does that matter?  (this is AFTER restoring the SimPE backup).  I can just have a maxis character change something and all the houses and my characters will come back?  I haven't deleted anything.  I still have the backups and all, they just don't work.

C

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 02, 11:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

faemidwife: next time you backup your neighborhood, don't rely on SimPE, do it manually. I remember SimPE being a bit problematic in that area, at least some older versions. Next time, copy the whole (I repeat, the WHOLE) Neighborhoods folder to a safe place, not just the neighborhood you're playing. It's space and time consuming but it's worth the sacrifice.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 02, 12:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

faemidwife: next time you backup your neighborhood, don't rely on SimPE, do it manually. I remember SimPE being a bit problematic in that area, at least some older versions. Next time, copy the whole (I repeat, the WHOLE) Neighborhoods folder to a safe place, not just the neighborhood you're playing. It's space and time consuming but it's worth the sacrifice.
the sims2 enhancer will akso create a back up  of the entire nieghborhood folder or individual neighbor hoods  depending on what you choose to do . since I dont play the maxis neighborhoods I backed up the neigh borhood folder for the neighborhood I play with Sims2 enhancer. I had to do a reinstall yester day  and I used my backup I created with Sims2 enhancer prior to the serious problem I had  a.It worked like a charm no problem at all. Sim Pe on the other hand  made a useless back up for me  when I used it to back up my neighborhood just prior to patching nightlife. the backup would not work period. sim pe is great at doing editing on  sim info and sim cloning but not as  file back up creator.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: