More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 03:31:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  no phones
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: no phones  (Read 12134 times)
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
no phones
« on: 2005 October 30, 15:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have run a search and got no hits so I'm asking here.

Anyone run into the problem of downtownies not having phones? You meet them, make friends, go home and try and call them and they have no phone.

Thanks
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: no phones
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 30, 16:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes - my sim met a townie and they are best friends. The townie can phone my sim, but when my sim tries to phone the townie, I get a message that that sim has no phone.

I think it's a bug.
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 30, 18:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that happen.. and found that both the townies (in my case Uni students) were the ones that you can play.. but I hadn't set them into motion. Once I put them into dorms they then were callable.

One of them was actually engaged to myfirst Uni  student.. kind of difficult to call her to come get married once he was graduated. Normally she called and that kept their love at high enough points (cheated love points accrued using an object). Of course once I found her then I had to play her, graduate her, then move her into my neighborhood.

Funny how she could call him but not the reverse!

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 30, 18:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have this looked into for the phone hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 30, 18:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it. I'll make an aquaintance and I'll try to phone them later to hook up or just to talk and I'll get prompted that they don't have a phone, even though they called me the past day.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 30, 19:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, that's a very annoying thing. One of my sims met a townie while downtown, and they hit it off so well they went on a date while still downtown. Later on, after arriving home, I had my sim try to call the townie. Dorkwad had no phone. I ended up teleporting her in with the teleporter shrub. Tongue
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 30, 22:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dorkwad had no phone. I ended up teleporting her in with the teleporter shrub. Tongue

'Dorkwad'? I haven't met that townie yet!!  Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 30, 22:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you'd like, I can package her up and send her to ya... Wink
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 30, 22:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is weird I met plenty of downtownie, regular neighborhood townie and University townie and I never had that problem so far and believe me my Sims use the phones a lot both cell and regular phones.

You all know I have no hacks right now, could it be one of them is messing up with that?  Just a thought...

« Last Edit: 2005 October 31, 01:07:45 by Missdoh » Logged
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 30, 22:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh it's a 'she'? Well yes by all means send her to me, but I'll surely have to give her a more feminine name....'Dingus' rolls of the tongue nicely I think?  Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 30, 22:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...I know I've called Grand Vampires without incident, but I can't remember if I've tried regular Townies.

Of course, my computer is a smoking pile of ash right now, so I can't test it.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 31, 00:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate when they say "this person does not have a phone"  so I am going to try "call anyone hack for NL by dizzy2."
    If it conflicts with my JM hack then it is so out of here.   I can't get rid of JM's hack,  I can't take the incessant phone ringing.  bleh.

I saw a post at MTS2 the other day that showed how to edit certain files in simpe to keep from getting the "this sim does not have a phone"  message.    but when I tried to find the thread again I couldn't.   You know what a mess it is over there.   Grin
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 31, 00:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there's strange things afoot in my game or if it's the phone hack, but when I had it in none of my townies seemed to have phones.  Once I removed the hack I was able to call everyone I met (townie or otherwise).  Huh

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 31, 01:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because isn't the phonehack unsupported now?  Or has that changed?

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 31, 01:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in testing right now apparently.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 31, 01:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To work around this with SimPe, just open up the Family Information of the townies.  In my game, it's Bendett and something else.  Then check the box that says Have Phone or something like that.  Hell, I even check the Have a Computer so they can chat, although I think they've always been able to chat.

Mooooo
CynicalChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 31, 01:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a post at MTS2 the other day that showed how to edit certain files in simpe to keep from getting the "this sim does not have a phone"  message.    but when I tried to find the thread again I couldn't.   You know what a mess it is over there.   Grin

Umm, let's get some facts straight.. it was removed. Why? Not missing  because it's a "mess" but it had proven to cause problems more severe than it fixed.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 31, 08:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, let's get some facts straight.. it was removed. Why? Not missing  because it's a "mess" but it had proven to cause problems more severe than it fixed.

Wait. You REMOVE threads for factual problems? Excuse me? Isn't it better if you simply edit the thread?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 31, 12:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh it's a 'she'? Well yes by all means send her to me, but I'll surely have to give her a more feminine name....'Dingus' rolls of the tongue nicely I think?  Tongue

I'm kidding. I forget what her real name was. "Dorkwad" was just my term of endearment for her.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 31, 22:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kidding. I forget what her real name was. "Dorkwad" was just my term of endearment for her.

LMAO....so was I hon  Smiley

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 31, 22:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is particularly tiresome with custom hoods when you respawn new townies and workers with the tree thingamabob after deleting all characters. They don't have a home or a phone, they just wander aimlessly I suppose.
krynnwoman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 31, 22:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don’t have a home or a phone, they just wander aimlessly I suppose.

I can just see it now....roving packs of townies, bereft of any creature comforts (such as cell phones and computers), living underneath that crashed alien spaceship (or maybe the water tower).

Without the Yummy Channel to keep them happy, their only amusement comes from visiting downtown and picking random fights with my Sims.

You know, this explains the townies bad clothes and mean dispositions.

Even the night must fail/For light sleeps in the eyes
And dark becomes dark on dark/Until the darkness dies.

Soon the eye resolves/Complexities of night
Into stillness, where the heart/Falls into fabled light

-Hymn to the Dawn, Dragonlance Legends
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 31, 23:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO....so was I hon  Smiley

I must have been cranky when I posted that. Didn't realize how rude it looks! I wasn't meaning to sound like that, really.

edit to add:
Duh. I thought I added the boldness around the "I'm kidding" part. You did, lol. Doesn't look so rude, now.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 31, 23:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I did that to highlight my 'playful' side too  Smiley  Should've mentioned that in my post..oops.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 01, 00:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are so misunderstood. Thank God for emoticons.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: