More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 08:55:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Renu-u-portachug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Renu-u-portachug  (Read 11515 times)
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
The Renu-u-portachug
« on: 2005 October 29, 20:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anywhere a sim can buy this potion? The gypsylady ony has love potion and anti vampire potion but I just want to reset the turn-ons for a townie that was sent to college. He apparently is turned on by BO and turned off by fitness...and that does not fit my plans with hooking him up with a gorgeous sim I have.

INTJ
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: The Renu-u-portachug
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 29, 20:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! Try looking in the aspiration rewards and grab the renuyu orb.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 29, 20:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, no more potion, only the orb? I thought the orb was just for their aspiration.

Ok I will try it right now.

INTJ
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 29, 20:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no it can change turn ons/off

Incidentally if the townie guy is in college you can wait and change his turn ons/off at the end of 2nd year. You get that option now as well as changing their aspiration.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 29, 20:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, then I will wait.

Meanwhile the simgirl I am hooking him up with is pining for the cow maskot that she has 2 lightning bolts for while at the same time having a relationship score of -40 on both lifetime and daily with it/him.

She just loves to be treated badly, I guess.

INTJ
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 29, 20:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you don't change their aspiration, their LTW won't change...unless that's what you want. Smiley
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 29, 20:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for that info! I didn't even remember about the LTW. I really like the one he has now so I will keep him a popularity sim and let him become mayor.

INTJ
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 30, 01:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though I love the new chemistry attraction system it never stop me from matching 2 sims I wanted to match together, it might be a little harder but it is certainly possible, don't take that "bolts" thing to seriously and just do as you plan and they will eventually fall in love.

I personally made a family cancer Sim fall in love with a popularity aries sim which did not have any common turn on/off, they are now married and are expecting their 1st child.

And with the orb thingy you can change aspiration only, turons/turnoff only or both aspiration and turnons/off at the same time, it is all up to you  Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 30, 01:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though I love the new chemistry attraction system it never stop me from matching 2 sims I wanted to match together, it might be a little harder but it is certainly possible, don't take that "bolts" thing to seriously and just do as you plan and they will eventually fall in love.
Yeah, I know you can still match sims together that don't have high chemistry, but I am just the kind of person that all my sims who I put together must have 3 bolts, so I match their turn-ons to each other, and if that isn't good enough, I'll play with their personalities until I get a good match, as long as I don't have to change anything too drastic.  I find it challenging and I love when they swoon over each other and can't keep their hands off each other.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 30, 01:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the same thing, rainbow. And I also gave myself a pat on the back when it would turn out that any of my long-married pre-NL couples naturally had 3 lightening bolts for each other. Made me feel so good!  Tongue 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 30, 01:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know you can still match sims together that don't have high chemistry, but I am just the kind of person that all my sims who I put together must have 3 bolts, so I match their turn-ons to each other, and if that isn't good enough, I'll play with their personalities until I get a good match, as long as I don't have to change anything too drastic.  I find it challenging and I love when they swoon over each other and can't keep their hands off each other.

Well I must say later I did trigger with their turn on/off so they dream about each other and had at least 1 bolt. I love it when they have a little bubble with their spouse face with floating heart around it... but it is not necessary for all of my sims just the ones I prefer  Tongue
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 30, 02:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to put them with sims that they have at least 1 bolt for. Though I find that most of the time when they have negative chemistry it goes away when they get a crush on each other.

And if I am not sure which sim I want them to go with I will have them check both sims out or scope out the room when both sims are there and take the one they like the best.

Sometimes though I have *plans* for my sims and I'll be damned if I'll let the chemistry system get between me and my plans. Once I get them together I usually use the ReNuYu Senso orb thing to match their turn on/offs (and sometimes Aspiration) and I try to make them happy even if I picked out their mate.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 30, 03:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still cracks me up when my sims have negative chemistry and get the little crossed-out hearts floating around them. The first time that happened, I didn't know what was going on. Joe was on an outing with several family members, and having a good ol' time smustling when he would all of a sudden stop to gag at Sadie. I had to check her hygiene level to make sure she didn't stink  Cheesy
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 30, 03:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still cracks me up when my sims have negative chemistry and get the little crossed-out hearts floating around them. The first time that happened, I didn't know what was going on. Joe was on an outing with several family members, and having a good ol' time smustling when he would all of a sudden stop to gag at Sadie. I had to check her hygiene level to make sure she didn't stink  Cheesy

I lately tend to match the ones with strike bolt.  I don't like mathching Sims with the same aspiration togeter and often to have 3 bolts they have to be with same aspiration and compatible zodiac signs.

I also was wondering the 1st time what was going on in my game, why the hearts with strikes?  Oh well I don't really pay attention to that anymore, if I planned that Carol-Ann would fall in love with Jeremy, believe me they will even if they hate me for it!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 30, 03:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sims that I let get together if there are only 2 bolts as I have seen that turn into three as the sims interests develop. I have 2 couples that started out at 2 nd they are now at three bolts if they only have one bolt or no bolts I keep them at friends or a romantic fling for my romance sims

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 30, 07:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My intention is that whenever possible they will marry with 3 bolts.  If they marry with less and don't get to 3, then later on meet someone they do have 3 bolts with, they will have an affair with that person and leave their spouse.  That should provide the 1/3 broken marriages statistic that prevails in real life quite nicely.  The only exception is the heir to the Goth dynasty, who must always marry a 3-bolter.  Luckily the current heir brought a girl home from school when he'd just turned teen and immediately they had 3-bolts - and their turn on/offs didn't even match!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 30, 10:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eek!

and I've got one family (third generation now), where the children receive renu-u-portachug when they transition to teen...  I've got no idea why, but I've seen it twice now...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 30, 18:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My intention is that whenever possible they will marry with 3 bolts.  If they marry with less and don't get to 3, then later on meet someone they do have 3 bolts with, they will have an affair with that person and leave their spouse.  That should provide the 1/3 broken marriages statistic that prevails in real life quite nicely.  The only exception is the heir to the Goth dynasty, who must always marry a 3-bolter.  Luckily the current heir brought a girl home from school when he'd just turned teen and immediately they had 3-bolts - and their turn on/offs didn't even match!
sometimes their turnoffs can be totally at odds but the chemistry is strong any way some of it is how many interests they have in common. and  their aspirations Romance and Family dont do well at all together.on the other Hand Knowledge and Family  seem to blend very well Fortune sims are a horrible match with Romance yet do okay with Knowledge,Family and Popularity.Pleasure blends well with Romance and Popularity

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 30, 20:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and I've got one family (third generation now), where the children receive renu-u-portachug when they transition to teen...  I've got no idea why, but I've seen it twice now...

I've had that happen with at least one sim in one of my neighbourhoods. Odd, but I'm not complaining. As long as my game doesn't blow up into a big firey ball visible from space because of it.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 30, 20:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children will get the renu-u-portachug upon becoming teens if you do not change the randomly rolled turn ons and turn off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 30, 21:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children will get the renu-u-portachug upon becoming teens if you do not change the randomly rolled turn ons and turn off.
That's a good thing to know.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 31, 04:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This game is just weird...

I changed Reggie the dormie's turn on's and turn off's. My sim and him are both Libra's, she is pleasure and he is popularity. Not ONE bolt!!! She kept only thinking about the cow mascot with hearts around.

So I gave in. The cow kept thinking of her with hearts too. They got married last night. When he moved in I checked his turn on's. He had a thing for obese vampires...none of which matches my sim! Besides, he is a family sim. Forgot to check his sign, but still.

Anyone care to take a shot of explaining this one to me?

INTJ
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 31, 05:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can tell the turn ons and offs don't really effect chemistry that much - they might boost it a little (say, go from repulsed to neutral, or neutral to one bolt), but chemistry is mainly affected by aspiration/zodiac sign.

But I'm no programmer so can't really verify - that's only my observations

<insert witty comment here>
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 31, 12:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure the last sim that this happened to had his turn ons/offs changed...  now that I know this, I can at least do some more investigating...

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 31, 13:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone care to take a shot of explaining this one to me?

Not me, I can't figure this stuff out at all. I've got a popularity sim that has a ton of sims with 2 lightning bolts (most of which don't match in turnons) but no amount of tweaking will put the couples at 3. He's a Libra. The first try was a wealth and according to that chart Maxis put up, wealth and popularity don't get along - so that explains why they couldn't get 3, yes? (why they had 2, I have no idea). So I set him up with a romance (apparently good/neutral, unless I wrote the chart down wrong - how come that's the only one not the same both ways anyways?) Taurus (she should like Libras, he's not repelled by Taurus), moved her in and set all their turn ons and offs to match and same thing - 2 bolts, but not 3.

I had another fella - pleasure aspiration, happened to like blondes so I found him a blonde girlfriend. They're at 3 bolts right off the bat. Moved her in (I learned my lesson, no one is getting engaged unless they move in first, until I figure it out - I want 3 bolts, and very few divorces) and they dropped to 2. I didn't touch anything, so why did it drop? She's romance so they get along pretty well (at least it makes sense), so switching turnons around gave them back 3 but still... and the popularity above really liked her, even tho he doesn't care anything for blondes and her turnons were ridiculous things (fatness and stink, iirc) that didn't fit either of them.

Does anyone know - if you go to the relationship menu and click on the lightning bolt, is the way they're listed meaningful? All the three bolts are first and then the two and then one, but within that? If there are a bunch of 2 bolts, is the one listed first the one they're most attracted to? (It's not relationship score as the ones he has the higher relationship with is further back in the list.) If it IS attraction tho, the dang wealth sim comes up top of his list and I don't get that at all...

<very confused>

Matching interests and/or randomness must play a greater role than I'm giving them credit for. Maybe I should have them share interests and bunch more and they'd get to liking each other better?

I'm going to end up having everyone he likes over and having him scope the room so I can figure out who he really likes best (but not his sister-in-law - I don't care if he has a thing for her, she's happy with his brother, dang 'em).

Unsouper
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: