More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 18:50:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Handy little bit of Headmaster trivia I learned today.
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Handy little bit of Headmaster trivia I learned today.  (Read 29145 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Handy little bit of Headmaster trivia I learned today.
« on: 2005 October 28, 22:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know how with the advent of NL we got the option to call the entire household to dinner by clicking on the serving plate and choosing "Call to Meal" right?  Well, today I found out that even though it does call the Headmaster to dinner, you DON'T get any Food Points for doing it that way.

Imagine my panic after the Headmaster sat down to eat the turkey (which took two tries because Stella burned the first one), finished eating, got up, and still had zero Food Points.

There was still a plate on the table when he got up though, so I clicked on him and did the Entertain - Call to Dinner thing.  But he went and started eating what was left in Stella's plate rather than going for the full plate.  Doing that managed to get him ONE whole food point...

Luckily, Stella proved to be the world's best schmoozer.  And saved the day in the nick of time.  Just check out the score and time left for yourself.

Moral of the story, call the Headmaster to dinner the old fashioned way rather than the new lazy way.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Handy little bit of Headmaster trivia I learned today.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 28, 22:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, do you still invite the old goats? I forgot already what is "invite Headmaster", since I have the SimPe and the InSimenator...Smiley. The minute the toddler becomes a kid, I spawn the Educational mode, choose "private school", and give the kid C+.

I couldn't stand this scenario - I always paniced, saved the game zillion times, and shouted to all my family that I have a Headmaster, so be quiet and don't bother me...Smiley. Oh yes, and I replaced all the furniture in the house before his visit. Terrible scenario...Smiley.
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 28, 22:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's why I didn't get any food points even though my sim had made Lobster Thermidor...

Thanks, I'll have to remember that for the next try.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 28, 22:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is good to know for the next headmaster visit. Smiley
I always move the pictures and book cases around to the next room to show him saves money that way.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 28, 22:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, do you still invite the old goats? I forgot already what is "invite Headmaster", since I have the SimPe and the InSimenator...Smiley. The minute the toddler becomes a kid, I spawn the Educational mode, choose "private school", and give the kid C+.

I couldn't stand this scenario - I always paniced, saved the game zillion times, and shouted to all my family that I have a Headmaster, so be quiet and don't bother me...Smiley. Oh yes, and I replaced all the furniture in the house before his visit. Terrible scenario...Smiley.

Indeed, I'll have to start doing it that way.  Those Headmasters seem to think that just because I schmooze with them a little that they can call me at all hours of the night to chat.  Does doing it with the InSimenator still satisfy their want to get into Private School and give them the memory?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 28, 23:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it doesn't appear in their memory, but what the heck - better to do it, instead of being hysterical each time the HM had to be invited...Smiley.
The C+ stays at the first day at school, and on the next day the kid receives the B+.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 29, 02:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes use Merola's Multi painting to get them into private school and use the debug tool so that I can click on the "want" to go to private school, thus preserving it in the memories and getting the aspiration points as well. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 29, 03:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good then Im not the only one to have that call to dinner scenario. I panic when it is time to give a room tour.  One time the old goat didnt even give me a chance to show the room he picked up the guitar and started jamming and there was nothing I could do.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 29, 05:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it when he does that; the dart game is another thing he gets stuck on. And when he gets out of the car and immediately starts reading the paper so you can't greet him - how rude!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 29, 06:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be weird.  I actually enjoy the headmaster scenario, now that I know what tricks to use, and it's not really much of a trick.  Although I have had a lot of glitches and I breathe a little easier when he is safely gone and the kids are in private school.  I always save right before calling him at 4:30 or so.  Then if anything goes wrong, I just quit and try again.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 29, 06:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL.....I just had the funniest visual in my head of that scenario Gali....your family must have looked at you like you were nuts the first time you did that!  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 29, 07:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Headmaster scenerio makes me too nervous, so I don't put my kids through private school anymore.

First time I called the Headmaster I'd only had the game a few days and hadn't looked at a Prima guide or any user advice online.  Went smooth as silk.  I thought it was charming, even though the old fogey Headmaster calling my teenage girl Sim frequently was a little ooooooky.   Wink

The next times I did it, though, were a pain in the patoot.  I'd spend all of this time getting ready and then he'd just disappear.  (Didn't know the "don't save while the headmaster is there" tip.)  So, I stopped.  Did it again recently and we got rejected.  Undecided   The house was clean and big, but I think the furnishings were too old or something.

I was so crushed that we were rejected that I think I believe in the value of a public school education.  Hasn't stopped any of my Siims from getting into the very prestigious Acadmie Le Tour!   Tongue

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 29, 09:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the warning..I've been tempted to using the call all to dinner but decided against it at the last moment when the headmaster was there..good thing I did.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 29, 10:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I did that I was soooo mad. I had it timed perfectly. 430 start turkey dinner....show old goat all the crappola downstairs watch him hoot over the bubble machine..heck I took him outside to see the dj booth...hoot hoot... and I freaked and hit that -0pts. Didnt occur to me until I did it at least one more time.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 29, 12:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL.....I just had the funniest visual in my head of that scenario Gali....your family must have looked at you like you were nuts the first time you did that!  Cheesy

I was laughing at that too.  Poor Gali, so sweet and protective of her simmies.  I think Gali's avatar is just so perfect.  She's just a sweet, adorable, precious little kitten.  Even JM can't be mean.  He calls her "Silly Gali" instead of stupid, fat or lazy like everyone else.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 29, 13:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was laughing at that too.  Poor Gali, so sweet and protective of her simmies.  I think Gali's avatar is just so perfect.  She's just a sweet, adorable, precious little kitten.  Even JM can't be mean.  He calls her "Silly Gali" instead of stupid, fat or lazy like everyone else.

C

It was worse than that: my brother and wife came from abroad (Poland) to visit us, and I made the stupid mistake (as usual, lol), and let them talking with the family, while I set in front of the computer, and began to play the game.

Suddenly my brother wanted to ask me about something, and I was just in the middle of the HM scenario - showing him the rooms...Smiley. Wow! - I shouted: "leave me now, I have a Head Master!". Poor brother looked at me as if I am going out of my mind...Smiley.

Well, after I passed the scenario, I explained to him why I was so rude. He sang to me during all their 4-days visit - "they coming to take me away, ho ho, ha ha"...Smiley. I really deserved it...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 29, 15:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really bother with the private school thing!  I don't think they learn skills any faster because they go, and it doesn't stop Alexander Goth being a little tyke!

I suppose I could buy them all the uniform though......

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 29, 15:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really bother with the private school thing!  I don't think they learn skills any faster because they go, and it doesn't stop Alexander Goth being a little tyke!

I suppose I could buy them all the uniform though......
I only bother with it if My Sim Rolls a high aspiration points want to get their kid into private school.and since my sims arent all that good at schmoozing my sims rack up points with the tour and food.I have gotten my sims into private school with 0 schmooze points. Lobster thermidor seems to score exceptionally well with the headmasters.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 29, 15:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done it, but oh, the upset if they fail!  Darren failed once with Dirk, and they were both in the red for ages!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 29, 20:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't stand this scenario - I always paniced, saved the game zillion times, and shouted to all my family that I have a Headmaster, so be quiet and don't bother me...Smiley.

LOL! Seriously, am laughing out loud - and I just read your posts out to my partner, who is only too familiar with the terrors of the Headmaster Scenario. We went on holiday in June, when I had only had TS2 for 6 weeks, so I was at the height of my addiction and absolutely <b>had</b> to take the laptop away with us. I was still unfamiliar enough with the game that I didn't realise that the only way to stop sims doing something stupid while the Headmaster is there is to turn off Free Will. So, I spent about 1.5 hours doing the Scenario (couldn't put the game in fast-forward because bad things kept happening), and the kids didn't get accepted (I think they had 87/90 points!). So I wanted to play it again. Poor Richard was standing there saying "um, dear, it's 8.30pm and the pubs stop serving food at 9..." Cheesy

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 29, 20:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't stand this scenario - I always paniced, saved the game zillion times, and shouted to all my family that I have a Headmaster, so be quiet and don't bother me...Smiley.

LOL! Seriously, am laughing out loud - and I just read your posts out to my partner, who is only too familiar with the terrors of the Headmaster Scenario. We went on holiday in June, when I had only had TS2 for 6 weeks, so I was at the height of my addiction and absolutely <b>had</b> to take the laptop away with us. I was still unfamiliar enough with the game that I didn't realise that the only way to stop sims doing something stupid while the Headmaster is there is to turn off Free Will. So, I spent about 1.5 hours doing the Scenario (couldn't put the game in fast-forward because bad things kept happening), and the kids didn't get accepted (I think they had 87/90 points!). So I wanted to play it again. Poor Richard was standing there saying "um, dear, it's 8.30pm and the pubs stop serving food at 9..." Cheesy

LOL, glad to know I am not alone...Smiley. Oh, these sims will "take us away - ha ha, ho ho"!...Smiley.
Chiasmata
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 29, 21:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually... this is a 'feature' put in with NL. The headmaster gets no or minimal points for food until after you get the 'Headmaster is hungry and would like to eat' popup. If you Entertain > Call to Dinner after that point he gets full points for the food. I think the message only crops up fairly late, maybe 8-9pm.

I recently started playing a no-restart-after-disaster neighbourhood, as I was getting bored with my overly cautious previous one. It took me three attempts to get my family accepted by the headmaster post-NL. And with a Wealth father and six kids, that's a lot of wailing and falling about.  Undecided
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 30, 00:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No..no no!!! I finally master the headmaster shenanagins and they pull the rug out from under me! Tongue

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 30, 00:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, actually, I've been through a lot of Headmaster scenarios since NL and they've all gotten their food points like they used too.  Nothing has changed about it as far as I can tell.  Except that calling to meal doesn't work.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 30, 01:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, actually, I've been through a lot of Headmaster scenarios since NL and they've all gotten their food points like they used too.  Nothing has changed about it as far as I can tell.  Except that calling to meal doesn't work.
your'e right calling the headmaster to dinner doesnt work if you want food points in NL. and since my sims are lousy at schmoozin I need the food points a lobster thermidor dinner followed by a fancy dessert has gotten my sims 60  food points .

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: