More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 06:46:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Adult loses college-earned want slots after moving into new home
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adult loses college-earned want slots after moving into new home  (Read 15091 times)
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Adult loses college-earned want slots after moving into new home
« on: 2005 October 27, 20:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my adults, after moving into her second new home (and ironically just after I installed the patch), lost all of her college-earned extra want slots and is back down to only 4.  Her hubby, however, got his extra want slots from the FFS lot debugger and managed to keep them.  I went into SimPE to see if there was anything I could do, but I'm not that familiar with the program, and of course, the FFS lot debugger won't work because she's already a college grad.  Any suggestions?
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Adult loses college-earned want slots after moving into new home
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 27, 21:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2jeffs has a mod that gives them to any sim. So you could go check there. I believe it's called something like - personal electronics adjuster... or something to that effect.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 27, 21:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's called the college adjuster.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 27, 21:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen to several of my sims as well. Thanks to rainbow's advice, I used the insiminator, spawned the aspiration object and added the want slots. Or as idtaminger said, TwoJeff's has just comeout with a hack for that.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 28, 11:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine haven't lost their want slots, but everytime former YA's move house they get yet another memory that they graduated, always with a lower degree than they actually got.  Before this only happened when they first moved after leaving college, now it happens everytime they move.  Not only do they get it, so do all their family members.  I really thought they would have fixed that in the patch, instead it's become ten times worse.  Chances are this and your problem are related somewhere along the line.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 29, 10:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this and was told it was to do with moving a sim into an empty house that hadn't been saved after installing uni (I think it was Simshost that had it happen to him and figured out that was what it was).  But I didn't find a fix and ended up not playing those sims any more.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=333.msg9425#msg9425
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 29, 16:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine haven't lost their want slots, but everytime former YA's move house they get yet another memory that they graduated, always with a lower degree than they actually got.  Before this only happened when they first moved after leaving college, now it happens everytime they move.  Not only do they get it, so do all their family members.  I really thought they would have fixed that in the patch, instead it's become ten times worse.  Chances are this and your problem are related somewhere along the line.
I went into simpe and changed that using the neighborhood memory tool when it happened to my sim. sent him back to read his diploma and  His degree read Summa Cum Laude  Like it was  supposed to instead of Magna cum laude like it read before my venture  into sim pe

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 29, 16:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having periodic want slot issues. I have one sim that not only lost his extra want slots, but the four that he does have are blank. Many of my upgraded pre-uni sims have lost their upgraded want slots as well. That's not that big a deal, since I can add them again with the college adjuster, but I don't know what to do with my blank-wants sim.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 29, 17:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have any of you been using the portmanteua thingy to move furniture etc?  I had it happen to one family, they just got stuck and I had to exit the game by turning the power off,nothing else would work.  When I tried to move them into a house, one of the adults wants just kept on rolling.  I had to move them out, move them to an empty lot with no house, empty all the stuff they'd brought with them, and then finally he stopped spinning and started to move!  Then I had to do quite a few kachings so they could afford their house!

The thing from TJ is cloned from the money tree, and works great for replacing want slot, and also adds as many extra locks as you want!  It's also useful for giving them temporary use of a mobile phone, as you can take it away again when they've made the call!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 29, 20:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the portmanteua thingy?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 29, 20:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where you can keep the sims things when they move - I just have a blank and can't think what it's called.

Bashes head on desk!  INVENTORY!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 29, 20:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

stay things shrub?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 29, 20:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh...INVENTORY! lol Not the stay things shrub.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 29, 20:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mirror of Locks and Wantings from DJSIMS will give you all the slots and up to 6 locks. I can be found at the bottom of the page. It will be in the aspiration catalog.

http://www.djssims.com/sims2hacks.php

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 30, 00:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real problem is why it happens, I think.  There's also TJ's fix to solve the problem, but it shouldn't be happening in the first place.  I tend to think that the inventory is bugged and when you try to use it to keep more than a couple of things it just can't cope.  One of the things that started to appear after the patch was released - a pity they didn't wait a few more weeks for the Nightlife patch!   (After all, we waited six months for the Uni patch, by which time most people had already got NL!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 30, 01:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real problem is why it happens, I think.  There's also TJ's fix to solve the problem, but it shouldn't be happening in the first place.  I tend to think that the inventory is bugged and when you try to use it to keep more than a couple of things it just can't cope.  One of the things that started to appear after the patch was released - a pity they didn't wait a few more weeks for the Nightlife patch!   (After all, we waited six months for the Uni patch, by which time most people had already got NL!)
I tend to agree with you that the inventory is buggy as I always have to head for sim pe to correct the diplomas after my sims have moved Cool

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 30, 01:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you move a lot of stuff?  I only tried it once, and never again!  My sims will just have  to work hard to replace their bubble blowers etc.

Maybe it would help if one saved the game after putting things in the inventory, then exited and reloaded the house and played for a while?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 30, 01:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you move a lot of stuff?  I only tried it once, and never again!  My sims will just have  to work hard to replace their bubble blowers etc.

Maybe it would help if one saved the game after putting things in the inventory, then exited and reloaded the house and played for a while?
the only thing I move are gifts from dates and the diplomas

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 30, 01:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do move their career rewards, even though they're easy enough to replace - but then, so are the diplomas.  But it just isn't the same!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 30, 01:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that the inventory is buggy. I posted a while back that I was having chairs appear on the edge of my lots- identical to the chairs I was using for the poker tables that were sitting in my sims' inventories. The poker tables can be put in the inventory with the chairs included, and I think that has something to do with it.  I'm still having that problem, but am not complaining since I can sell the chairs. Free money!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 30, 02:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK as long as you don't nearly lose your sims, like I did!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 30, 02:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that the inventory is buggy. I posted a while back that I was having chairs appear on the edge of my lots- identical to the chairs I was using for the poker tables that were sitting in my sims' inventories. The poker tables can be put in the inventory with the chairs included, and I think that has something to do with it.  I'm still having that problem, but am not complaining since I can sell the chairs. Free money!
ROFL I get the diploma bug not the free furniture bummer

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 30, 02:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a very bizarre thing. Even more bizarre is when I don't realize the chairs are all sitting out there until  one of my teen boys is going "Acka boog. Kee locka boog. Kee porg!" over and over because he can't get to a chair 'cause a chair is in the way.
They will insist on sitting on the one smackdab in the middle:

« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 02:36:47 by Brynne » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 30, 03:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a very bizarre thing. Even more bizarre is when I don't realize the chairs are all sitting out there until  one of my teen boys is going "Acka boog. Kee locka boog. Kee porg!" over and over because he can't get to a chair 'cause a chair is in the way.
They will insist on sitting on the one smackdab in the middle:

Rofl there must be 20 chairs siting there

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 30, 03:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are 4 sets of 4 chairs, if you look closely. Coincidentally, those are the same chairs I use with my poker tables, and 4 sims in that household had poker tables (along with the chairs) in their inventories. If I change the color of the chairs in any of the sims inventories, it is reflected in the chairs that appear in the street.
And, yes, my sims all clamor for the chair they can't reach. Silly sims.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: