More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 07:40:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flu epidemic...
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flu epidemic...  (Read 27397 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Flu epidemic...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 28, 03:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still works, I use it regularly. I love it. Smiley

edit: Here it is: http://shaklin.sh.funpic.org/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?list=M

« Last Edit: 2005 October 28, 03:58:09 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 28, 04:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still works, I use it regularly. I love it. Smiley

edit: Here it is: http://shaklin.sh.funpic.org/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?list=M

awesome thanks for the link and the info Smiley

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 28, 05:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kukes, I sent you a PM - did you read it?
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 28, 07:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kukes, I sent you a PM - did you read it?

I got your PM gali, and sent you an email.  Smiley

As for sims dying from the flu, I've had several die mainly because they're continually being reinfected and getting better on other lots. Others just from being infected for the ten days required from constant contact with other sick sims. I have tried quarantining my sims, but when there's so many it gets pretty difficult (I'd say that 100 sims in my neighbourhood are currently sick). And those roaches... I haven't installed Nightlife yet, but I hope there's a "no kick over trashcans" hack around because I never notice when they do it now, I'm too focussed on the house! This epidemic began at the Pleasant's house, back when Lilith and Dirk were just married - their grandson is now married, living in the same house. It's been a long epidemic.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 28, 07:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kukes, I didn't receive any e-mail from you.

Could you be kind to e-mail again?  lilyas@inter.net.il
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 28, 08:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And those roaches... I haven't installed Nightlife yet, but I hope there's a "no kick over trashcans" hack around
Yup, it's at Inge's site, www.simlogical.com
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 28, 09:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kukes, just answerred your e-mail. Did you receive it?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 28, 12:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shacklin made the medicine cabinet he had it on mod the sims2 for quite awhile as hacked object. Ive heard it doesnt work for Nightlife though

Well thanks for posting that. I was looking for that damned thing on MTS2 last night because I was going to post about it. I couldn't find any trace of it there though. I had it a long time ago and it worked well, but I haven't gotten it again since I started my new neighborhood. I also heard it didn't work with NL but hey it if does I'll give it a try again. I don't like to cheat too much so I'm not going to use the multi painting but I don't mind using the medicine cabinet. The way I see it, that damned science career reward was supposed to work as a cure anyway but obviously doesn't and it doesn't look like Maxis will ever fix it so the medicine cabinet makes up for it. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 28, 12:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide states: "Every disease can be cured with about 12 collective--not necessarily consecutive--hours of sleep, lounging, sitting, or relaxing....satisfying comfort and/or energy and keeping them high when the Sims must move about are the cure-all."

Chance of catching the flu increases 5% if near roaches.  Every Sim has a 1% chance of catching a cold if they go to work or to school (but they don't get sick in Uni).

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 28, 13:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shacklin made the medicine cabinet he had it on mod the sims2 for quite awhile as hacked object. Ive heard it doesnt work for Nightlife though

Well thanks for posting that. I was looking for that damned thing on MTS2 last night because I was going to post about it. I couldn't find any trace of it there though. I had it a long time ago and it worked well, but I haven't gotten it again since I started my new neighborhood. I also heard it didn't work with NL but hey it if does I'll give it a try again. I don't like to cheat too much so I'm not going to use the multi painting but I don't mind using the medicine cabinet. The way I see it, that damned science career reward was supposed to work as a cure anyway but obviously doesn't and it doesn't look like Maxis will ever fix it so the medicine cabinet makes up for it. :p
your welcome .

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 28, 14:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I had this problem for a month (human time). The only thing I could do is cure them one at a time.

I'm not sure if it's related but I had my mad scientist make a virus and she never disposed of it.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 28, 14:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if it's related but I had my mad scientist make a virus and she never disposed of it.

Possibly.  Those are extremely contagious.

I just have to add that I have tried making my sick sim drink her own "medicine" from that stupid biostation for many (sim)days continually until she was blue in the face and it never made her better.  In fact, she managed to make herself sick frequently on top of being sick already.  Yes, she had a high logic and her needs were always nice and green.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 28, 15:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that is my problem. I need to cut the population, but I can't pick who to kill. (I know how to kill them--I just don't want it to be on purpose.) I wish I knew how to make hacks, as I don't think this will be a very popular request. (Then again, it could be right up JM's alley...)

Aged them gracefully then.   Also wouldn't making a hack to "cut" your population be the same as killing anyhow?  I know sometimes it's hard to let go, the guilt can be overwhelming but once you start it's hard to stop.  Killing Sims desensitizes you over time and you just learn to accept it or deal with an overpopulated neighborhood that begins to implode.

Implode, now that's more of what I think is up JM's alley.  Wink

It's not that I can't bear to kill them. (My neighborhood isn't really overpopulated either, not to the point of introducing giant balls of fire visible from space into gameplay--there's just so many it's hard to manage them in the time I have to play.) I just don't want to pick WHOM to kill. I want to start off an epidemic of something far more lethal than the diseases they have and let it run its course and keep whoever's left at the end. Just a nice, natural apocalyptic plague.

Nobody thinks I can get JM interested in apocalyptic plagues? Well--he might rip my lips off for not being willing to just burninate them, I guess.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 28, 15:48:08 by katemonster » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 28, 15:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is shaklin's site - she is not in MTS2 anymore...Smiley. I just downloaded it again to have a spare. I play it with NL, and it's OK.

For Kukes: it has an immunize option too - doesn't clash with other hacks...Smiley.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 28, 16:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And those roaches... I haven't installed Nightlife yet, but I hope there's a "no kick over trashcans" hack around

Cool, thanks for that. I'm currently collecting hacks for when I get around to installing, and I'm sure it'll be extremely useful. Smiley

Yes, thanks for that! The hack works wonders; half my sims are cured already! Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 28, 16:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thanks for that! The hack works wonders; half my sims are cured already! Smiley
[/quote]

...And if you use the Merola's Mind Control Mirror - you can immunize all your neighbourhood. I always do it to any townie that passes my house. The simulator likes it very much, because I always get a fear of being ill...Smiley.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 28, 17:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the cure for Kicked over trashcans with my skirtchaser Justin.I have him do all of his home dates indoors and I make sure if I send him out to a community lot its not the same one he took the last date to. it has worked wonders keeping  his neighborhood conquests in the dark about what he is up to and with whom Grin

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 28, 18:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...And if you use the Merola's Mind Control Mirror - you can immunize all your neighbourhood. I always do it to any townie that passes my house. The simulator likes it very much, because I always get a fear of being ill...Smiley.

Also, service npcs are automatically immune to disease. I don't know where this was intended by Maxis or they just forgot, but they also keep their immunity flag even when moved in.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 28, 19:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one game a while back Brandi was in the science career and made a virus, one of the kids in the house (not her kids) got very sick indeed, and all the family kept getting the fear that he would die.  Brandi managed to make an antidote and he got well again very fast.  I think the career reward does in fact cure illness, but the sim has to have a high level of skill to do it.

Very few of my sims get sick since I quarantine the lot if one is ill - ban all visitors etc.  Seems to work - also, of course, none of the household visits a community lot until a couple of days after the sim gets well - just in case.

Zephyr Zodiac
Myrddin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 28, 19:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I've never had a sick sim!  I have mixed feelings about it after this thread however; I'm sad that there is an aspect of the game I have yet to experience yet it seems like just a plain annoyance to deal with.

All well, I'll just have to wait and see... Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 28, 19:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say that, if you bought the expensive beds from the word go, that could be why your sims have never got sick.  Also, if you have a lot of stay-at-home family sims, you probably get any kicked over trash dealt with straight away.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 28, 20:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say that, if you bought the expensive beds from the word go, that could be why your sims have never got sick.  Also, if you have a lot of stay-at-home family sims, you probably get any kicked over trash dealt with straight away.
unfortunately at my skirt chaser Justin's house  all except the kids are Romance sims and as I left the house Just now Justin's Dad was busy talking to and tipping the maid so he can  make her one of his conquests LOL his half brother is also a romance sim and lives there as well so not much hope of the stay at home gang there Grin the kids are Justins two daughters and of course they have the grow up aspiration.

Myrddin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 28, 20:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense then Zephyr; one of my first priorities is trading up to the more expensive beds so that my sims don't have to spend as much time asleep.

Also, due to my slow comp my sims do tend to spend more time at home than out and about.

I also don't have my sims stomp roaches (not that I have them that often either).  Even in my single sim households who have their garbage cans kicked over while at work, I have found that roaches don't gather in the time it takes them to return from work and clean up the mess.  Anyone know how long it does take roaches to gather, just out of curiosity?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 28, 20:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've honestly never had that damned station cure anything and I've tried with sims with all skills maxed even. Does it just cure diseases you get from the station itself? Because it never works for me for colds or flu no matter what the sims skill or how many doses I give seem to give them. I don't know, maybe I just am not doing something right but I just thought it was broken. *shrug*

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 28, 20:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know - you may be right, as I said, the teenager got the "mystery virus" from Brandi's experiment, but she then managed to cure him!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: