More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 21:08:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...  (Read 29712 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...
« on: 2005 October 26, 17:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm a fan of fireworks in the game. Their little fisticuffs crack me up. I've had sims or their dates get jumped by other sims, and it's all sooo amusing.

However, if you don't like that kind of thing, don't date a waiter. My current main sim and her mom both dated the same waiter dude, and suddenly he was working at EVERY restaurant or club they visited. They couldn't go anywhere without running into him. I've resigned myself to the fact that a) my sims will never get to read the paper because it's always being stolen and b) they need to check their garbage cans on a regular basis. Haven't gotten flaming poo yet but I'm sure it's coming ...

Oh, and don't have your sim date the same guy as her mom unless you want them to not be on speaking terms. Also great fun, for those of us more evil minded ... gotta love those romance sims.

So, what pearls of wisdom do the rest of you have to share?

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 26, 18:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm a fan of fireworks in the game. Their little fisticuffs crack me up. I've had sims or their dates get jumped by other sims, and it's all sooo amusing.

However, if you don't like that kind of thing, don't date a waiter. My current main sim and her mom both dated the same waiter dude, and suddenly he was working at EVERY restaurant or club they visited. They couldn't go anywhere without running into him. I've resigned myself to the fact that a) my sims will never get to read the paper because it's always being stolen and b) they need to check their garbage cans on a regular basis. Haven't gotten flaming poo yet but I'm sure it's coming ...

Oh, and don't have your sim date the same guy as her mom unless you want them to not be on speaking terms. Also great fun, for those of us more evil minded ... gotta love those romance sims.

So, what pearls of wisdom do the rest of you have to share?
I have learned courtesy of Justin to make sure if your sim is not an elder to put gray hair as a turn off so the gypsy brings you a more appropriate blind date. as she has very little qualms about sending an elder to a young stud as a blind date.Justin is a romance sim who is recently divorced and his ex is now married to his brother. after his divorce I had Justin call the gypsy and ask for a blind date the first one she sent him was Tiffany Sampson a disaster as they were repelled by one another. the second blind date she sent him was Arcadia Bradshaw an elder repair person well not wanting Justin to be with an elder I had Justin politely end the date with the speil its not you its me. I am not a fan of being a boy toy in a may/ december relationship Grin now Arcadia feels like she was dumped  as Justins third blind date Heidi Platz arrived on the scene before Arcadia left. now Arcadia  kicks over his trash can dozens of  times a day. in spite of numerous attempts by Justin to get Arcadia to leave him alone this elder is very persistant when it comes to being a pest. and when she does see Justin she get the anger going first then the hearts appear.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 26, 20:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, God, and Arcadia is an ugly elder, at that. She's been aged down to adult and completely transformed in my game. She's very pretty now. She and Justin (my Justin, that is lol) had a fling pre-NL. He'd already been with about 40 or so females at the time, and I was running out of eligible women for him, so off to surgery she went!

Biggest pearl of wisdom I have is to remember to have your romance sims break up with their teenage girlfriends before they grow up. That is, if you don't plan on aging the girlfriend up as well. I had a rather awkward break-up between my Justin and his long-time but long-ago steady teen girlfriend when the matchmaker fixed his son up with her!

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 26, 20:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, God, and Arcadia is an ugly elder, at that. She's been aged down to adult and completely transformed in my game. She's very pretty now. She and Justin (my Justin, that is lol) had a fling pre-NL. He'd already been with about 40 or so females at the time, and I was running out of eligible women for him, so off to surgery she went!

Biggest pearl of wisdom I have is to remember to have your romance sims break up with their teenage girlfriends before they grow up. That is, if you don't plan on aging the girlfriend up as well. I had a rather awkward break-up between my Justin and his long-time but long-ago steady teen girlfriend when the matchmaker fixed his son up with her!

Poor Justin is so hot the females go ape over him. Grin my pearl of wisdom is make sure the ended date is gone before the new date arrives. poor Justin may never  have a newspaper or trash can in the upright position again.however I  had my Justin Tip Alon his paper boy handsomely and now when Arcadia shows up to steal Justin's newspaper  Alon yells at Arcadia

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 26, 21:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! I wondered if there were benefits to tipping NPCs. Once (a couple reinstalls back) I had Mortimer tip his maid until she would hang out with him, so they hooked up. Any other benefits?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 26, 22:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard some people say that if you tip nannies they will do a better job..no idea if there is any truth to that.

I am eagarly awaiting a mod to stop the damned trash can kicking over.  It's ridiculous.  I had a house where I was having to call the exterminator every single day b/c a jilted love would come over 3-4x a day to kick it over.  The newspaper thing doesn't bother me as much...newspapers just usually collected on the front walk anyways.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 26, 22:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned that you need to make sure you're Romance sims have a moderate amount of body skill before they start dating.

That is unless you enjoy watching them get their butts kicked on a regular basis.   Wink
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 26, 22:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had adults get teens as dates...I find it hard to believe there isnt at least one adult that he was more compatible with...I love newspaper stealing...I dont need them anyway...I have also done the find a new date before the old one is gone...The jilted date is in permanent furious state since I dont play her I guess.

ISFJ
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 26, 22:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

put the trashcan just inside the back door or the garage, no more kicking. At least not in my game, they dont come indoors to kick the can.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 26, 22:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard some people say that if you tip nannies they will do a better job..no idea if there is any truth to that.

I am eagarly awaiting a mod to stop the damned trash can kicking over.  It's ridiculous.  I had a house where I was having to call the exterminator every single day b/c a jilted love would come over 3-4x a day to kick it over.  The newspaper thing doesn't bother me as much...newspapers just usually collected on the front walk anyways.

I've found that the roaches cause some lag in my game, so I'm awaiting this as well! With a houseful of romance sims, I have a constant roach problem. Ew.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 26, 22:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simlogical.com/

NO KICKING TRASHCANS PATCH   
This takes away the option for annoyed and annoying Sims to kick over trash cans, and therefore no roaches and no flu!  You may still occasionally get roaches from other types of garbage, but this was the most frequent reason in most people's games.

This absolutely saved my sanity after NL was installed. I was soooooo sick of picking up the trash can.

Thanks Inge!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 26, 23:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try installing street lights near your garbage can and keep them on.  It worked for me......at least so far.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 26, 23:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the voodoo bottle to make them fall asleep on the sidewalk or pee their pants, so my sims can point and laugh at them!
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 27, 19:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! I wondered if there were benefits to tipping NPCs. Once (a couple reinstalls back) I had Mortimer tip his maid until she would hang out with him, so they hooked up. Any other benefits?

I made friends with a nanny the very first time I had a sim have a baby. She was a single mom and really needed the nanny's help, plus she was so busy with work and taking care of the kid that the nanny was the only person she could interact with (other than the kid, of course.)

That was the best nanny I ever had. She was a dream nanny, and never annoyed me. I have since had a lot of trouble with them and try to avoid them whenever possible. The patch may fix the nanny glitch, as it claims to do, but I'm still wary of them. I've had entire families jinxed. Those families, I should add, never bothered to befriend the nanny. So maybe there is a connection.

I do notice that the maids do a MUCH better job if tipped. I've had maids leave stinky dishes and toilets, and the next day, after a generous tip, leave the house spotless.

Of course some maids do a good job no matter what. It has nothing to do with which maid, but it does seem to go by house. Wonder if owner charisma has something to do with it? I've never tried to find a link.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 27, 20:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had adults get teens as dates...I find it hard to believe there isnt at least one adult that he was more compatible with...I love newspaper stealing...I dont need them anyway...I have also done the find a new date before the old one is gone...The jilted date is in permanent furious state since I dont play her I guess.

um...ewww... is there a hack in there?  teens?

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 27, 20:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made friends with a nanny the very first time I had a sim have a baby. She was a single mom and really needed the nanny's help, plus she was so busy with work and taking care of the kid that the nanny was the only person she could interact with (other than the kid, of course.)

That was the best nanny I ever had. She was a dream nanny, and never annoyed me. I have since had a lot of trouble with them and try to avoid them whenever possible. The patch may fix the nanny glitch, as it claims to do, but I'm still wary of them. I've had entire families jinxed. Those families, I should add, never bothered to befriend the nanny. So maybe there is a connection.

I do notice that the maids do a MUCH better job if tipped. I've had maids leave stinky dishes and toilets, and the next day, after a generous tip, leave the house spotless.

Of course some maids do a good job no matter what. It has nothing to do with which maid, but it does seem to go by house. Wonder if owner charisma has something to do with it? I've never tried to find a link.
Remington the maid is one of those who does a terrific Job  even if  you never ever tip him. I usually  dont tip him until the 5th sim day then I have my sim Tip him 500 simoleons .. then he turns into a cleaning dynamo.  the only nanny in my game  that halfway got along with most of my sims Was Kendal Lawson and The Grim Reaper came and got her  one sunday while she was at my sims house working it was right around 6 p.m. sim time If I had known the grim reaper was going to show up for her I would have had my sim plead for her life because the ingame replacement Angie Benson  looks like Kendal but has a hideous disposition and is worse than any of the other nannies in the game when it comes to taking care of the babies

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 27, 20:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know the help could die spontaneously! Had you invited her to move in? I killed a maid once, but that was on purpose. She refused to leave my house after I installed Uni ... so I locked her in the bathroom.

The nanny I liked was Callista somebody. Kendal was always a pain in my patoot. She spent her entire day on the swingset.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 27, 21:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've learned that you need to make sure you're Romance sims have a moderate amount of body skill before they start dating.

That is unless you enjoy watching them get their butts kicked on a regular basis.   Wink
You also need the Fight Club, otherwise fights make absolutely no sense and body skill has practically no correlation to the actual outcome anyway. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 27, 22:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know the help could die spontaneously! Had you invited her to move in? I killed a maid once, but that was on purpose. She refused to leave my house after I installed Uni ... so I locked her in the bathroom.

The nanny I liked was Callista somebody. Kendal was always a pain in my patoot. She spent her entire day on the swingset.

Kendall died very early in my game. When she wasn't peeing in the corner of the kitchen and stinking up the place (this was before hacks, mind you), she was walking around in her granny panties. Here she is at one of my sim's birthday parties:
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 28, 03:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I killed her off because she decided to put the toddler in the high chair and feed her when she was about to bladder fail in her pants.

Only sim I ever killed on purpose. I ended up killing her with Rodney's Death Creator  because she wouldn't die properly when I put her in the pool with no ladder.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 28, 04:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know the help could die spontaneously! Had you invited her to move in?

nope I never ever invite the nannies to move in with my sims.I dont like them as nannies and I cant imagine how horrid they would be as  roommates.Kendal was there to work as My Sim Parents the Loveall's have a new baby in the house as Mom is a patrol officer and Dad is a professional party guest. it was Mom's first day back at work she had been off for 3 days on Maternity leave. while she was pregnant .My sim Moms always have to right back to work the day they give birth unless it happens to be a normal day off.I get the pop up that say So and so has been given an extra 3 days off to spend with the new baby and an hour later the carpool shows up to whisk mom off to work. My sim as a result has to rush to the phone and call one those horrid nannies before she can even cuddle her newborn

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 28, 04:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that same problem with the maternity leave. Very frustrating.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 28, 06:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim Moms always have to right back to work the day they give birth unless it happens to be a normal day off.I get the pop up that say So and so has been given an extra 3 days off to spend with the new baby and an hour later the carpool shows up to whisk mom off to work. My sim as a result has to rush to the phone and call one those horrid nannies before she can even cuddle her newborn

Can't you just cancel out the go to work action and let them call you and tell you you've used a vacation day? I can and have...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 28, 06:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that same problem with the maternity leave. Very frustrating.
and the three days doesnt appear in the vacation time either. it vanishes  in 1 sim hour. so why bother with that stupid popup  in the game (shaking head) Huh

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 28, 06:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah...why for?
Three days off, my ass...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: