More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 03:15:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I Broke a Bunch of Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I Broke a Bunch of Crap  (Read 5544 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
I Broke a Bunch of Crap
« on: 2008 February 29, 21:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.My computer is having memory problems again and I would like to know how to fix this without reinstalling the game or moving around my downloads.

2.My clean installed is borked.  I don't have problems installing sims and lots.  However, when I check my downloads for duplicate, none of the duplicates are highlighted.  Can I fix this on my own?  I've reinstalled this program multiple times, but that doesn't help.  BTW I brought up this problem on the clean installer board, but I haven't gotten a response in two months.

I was going to ask about Free Time, but I'm not buying that game for a long while.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I Broke a Bunch of Crap
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 01, 05:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than the obvious reinstall suggestions, nothing comes to mind. I don't recall Clean Installer was ever responsible for dupe checking, anyway. It just installs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 01, 20:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, Delphy's Download Organizer DOES check for duplicates, if I'm not mistaken. Try that one instead.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 01, 21:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the compressorizer, back up your downloads first. My experience with Delphy's programme is that it quite often corrupts compressed files. YMMV

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 01, 22:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lum, I've read that BV packaging bugs Delphy's problem doesn't always read duplicate files well.  I lost a few files that way.

Witch, I was unable to move or delete some files when I used Delphy's problem in the past.  Does that mean those fiiles may have been jacked up? 

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 01, 22:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I did not know that. Never had any problems, but then again, my downloads are 350mb or so, not as big as some folks' at MATY.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 01, 22:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall Clean Installer was ever responsible for dupe checking, anyway. It just installs.

It actually does a form of dupe checking -- it'll highlight dupes in a pinkish color (if memory serves) and you can easily find them by sorting on the MD5 number.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 01, 23:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I was unable to move or delete some files when I used Delphy's problem in the past.  Does that mean those fiiles may have been jacked up? 
What do you mean by 'jacked up' in this context? Compressed? It's possible. I don't know, I just know I tried Delphy's Organiser and had too many anomalies each time I used it. I use the Wardrobe Wrangler if I need to sort clothing now.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 02, 02:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Sims2Pack donīt do a lot of things people thinks it does. Itīs only a installer that allows you to check what you are adding to your game. The rest are lies and propaganda.

2. Deplhyīs organiser is cool but is not awesome. Sometimes donīt find all duplicates, confuses what is orphan with what is not orphan, so basically if you donīt know EXACTLY what are you doing you are on your own.

3. The best tool to check real duplicates is SIMPE. SIMPE not only check duplicates by filenames, what, as the last resource you can do listing folders and visually checking anyway, but check the internal GUIDS, and this is the real information.

4. If you have memory problems there is no solution but
a. remove downloads
b. buy more RAM

Thatīs it.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 02, 06:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Sims2Pack donīt do a lot of things people thinks it does. Itīs only a installer that allows you to check what you are adding to your game. The rest are lies and propaganda.

Does anyone still use Sims2Pack?  The Clean Installer is a different program, and it does check for duplicates by GUID -- not when installing, but when scanning.  It also will show a preview picture of the texture inside the package, which is very handy sometimes.

danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 02, 13:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mixed the names, my bad, english is not my best feature.
Replace where I pointed "sims2pack" by "clean installer" and left the rest is the same.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 02, 15:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Replace where I pointed "sims2pack" by "clean installer" and left the rest is the same.

Well, then you're still wrong -- clean installer can be used to manage your downloads folder quite nicely.  In addition to previews and scanning for dupes, it's very handy for just turning hacks on and off if you have some you only use occasionally (like, say, zombie apocalypse for only some hoods and not others), and for identifying packages and organizing them (i.e., moving all walls to their own subfolder).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: