More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:22:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dorm Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dorm Question  (Read 7623 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Dorm Question
« on: 2005 October 25, 14:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I want to move 4 teenagers into a six person dorm to start college. I do not want the other two dorm rooms to fill with dormmates until I get all my 4 into the one dorm first. I do eventually want the game to produce the other two students, but not till I'm ready. I have Pescado's notownieregen in my game and this is a fresh 'hood that I am trying to keep from becoming over populated with game townies, npc's, etc. I have Nightlife installed. Can I put Pescado's no dormate hack in just for awhile while I settle my 4 students, and then remove it, put in TwoJeff's dorm mate gender chooser when I'm ready for the game to make me two dormmates? Is that the best way to do it? If I seem a bit anal about this its because.... I am! I want to keep a pristine neighborhood that is only populated with sims of my choosing. Thanks for the advice.
P.S. One more question.....I put boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false in my startup cheat file but its not working in the game. Any suggestions?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Dorm Question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 25, 14:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After you move the 4 teens to the dorm, save the game, exit to the neighbourhood, and use the cheat:
Shift+Ctrl+c, and in the window write:  changelotzoningresidential

The dorm will be turned to be a private house;

When you are ready to send the two sims of yours, try to combine them with the 4 rest in the residential house, and after that save, exit to the hood and use now:
changelotzoningdorm. Enter the dorm, and give order to all your sims to claim a room (pause the game).
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 25, 14:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get dormies in, they do move out when you decide to move in another playable sim.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 25, 14:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well! You learn something new everyday! I had no idea that was possible Inge. So, if I have a six person dorm, 4 of my sims and two game produced dormies, I can move in two more of my sims and it will give the dormies the boot? Very cool!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 25, 14:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the game says something like "please wait while the dormies gather up their things and move"

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 25, 15:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is why you should not make Sims selectable on dorms unless you plan to move them in: they will boot out a dormie.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 25, 15:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I'm pretty sure those dormies are generated based on how many "mine doors" you have so if you yank them off, they shouldn't come. If you still want your sims to be able to lock their doors you can use Inge's doors instead.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 25, 15:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get dormies in, they do move out when you decide to move in another playable sim.

How can you move out dormies, if they are NOT selectable? - only with Merola's mirror you can do it.
When I move my sim to a dorm (I do it only to get some money for a private house), without the Merola's mirror I can't control any of the townies. They enter the rooms and claim them.

Without cheat, you can move to a dorm all 4 sims as a group, and move them to the students bin, when the time comes to add the new 2 sims.
Now, move back the 4 sims, and immediately - the rest 2 sims, to claim the rooms.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 25, 15:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the rooms are full and you move another sim in the game automatically moves a dormie out, it takes a minute or so, but you'll get a message to that effect. Try it. Smiley

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 25, 16:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I got that message when my sim brought another sim to the dorms on a date.  Huh
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 25, 18:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the rooms are full and you move another sim in the game automatically moves a dormie out, it takes a minute or so, but you'll get a message to that effect. Try it. Smiley

Really? Dormie moves out just like that? - have to try it...Smiley.

Thanks...Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 25, 18:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gives some message like 'Your townie friends are moving out to make room for the new sims' and I'm just thinking 'Townie friends? Yeah, right. More like deformed gorillas!'

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 25, 19:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your townie "friends" that your sim hasn't met, yet, of course.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 25, 20:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, townie dormies are supposed to move out when a sim of yours comes in, but I have 4 of the 6-room dorms, and the last dormie never leaves!  Every time I enter the dorm lot to play with 6 of my sims in the dorm, I get the message "It looks like there's not enough room for your sim. Please wait for the townie to move out." or something like that.  I work around it by putting two beds in one room.  Only one sim can claim the door, but if you don't have them lock it you can have two sims sleep there.

That's usually all I use the dorm rooms for, anyway.  And I have a computer/desk in each dorm room, plus one in the common area so they can all do their term papers at the same time, if necessary.

Never thought about changing the lot zoning or changing the doors.  It just seemed easier this way.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 25, 20:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Inge's doors are kind of useful because you can give up to 4 sims a 'key' to the same room. So you can have sims share a room and still lock it so you won't have some ugly townie bargining in to play SSX3 on the computer. Tongue

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 25, 21:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I don't use any Myne doors, I always get the "egads! There's not enough room for everybody in this dorm!" message. But making a Super Sekrit area of the dorm that nasty dormies can't get into using Inge's lockable doors is a grand idea, and one I shall be utilizing asap.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 25, 21:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what you're getting at really, because the dormies don't move in until your Sims have claimed their rooms anyway.  Even though it tells you to get a move on, I've had Sims wait until bedtime before claiming a room and no dormie has taken it.  The dormies simply don't come until all your Sims have chosen a room, so if you want to keep them away all day, don't let them choose a room until bedtime.  Works for me, anyway.

As for the dormtoolsdisabled cheat, it doesn't work from my startup file either, never has.  I use an alias instead so I just have to type "d" into the cheat box and it works, saves having to type the whole thing in everytime.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 25, 21:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also delete the doors that the townies are using and they'll leave until you put the doors back.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: