More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:28:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tri Var House will not Load
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tri Var House will not Load  (Read 16504 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
Tri Var House will not Load
« on: 2005 October 19, 00:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not get the House to load.  The first time I tried to play the House I let it load for fifteen minutes before I did a ghetto reboot.(pressing the Windows key and turning off my computer)  My game has crashed every time I've tried to load the Tri Var house after the fifteen minute lode.  The sims who live there can intereact with othe sims.  However, when I had a sim play ask a member to move in, they said it's getting later and they had to leave.(eight or nine pm)

What could be causing these problems and how can I fix it?
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 01:39:50 by Kala » Logged

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Tri Var House will not Load
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 20, 02:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd try moving them out into the Lots and Houses Bin, enter the lot in Build Mode to see if it would take forever to load, if it doesn't, then move the members back in again. But if does, then I'd rather have the members moved to a different lot than have problems down the road and lose any gameplay. It's not a fix, I'm not an expert on the game, redecorating is a pain in the butt but moving them is what I'll do to see if that would correct whatever is wrong with the lot. Usually, moving sims out then back again seems to fix things, but personally, I prefer to scrape the problematic lot than use it again. Your greek house members might have to re-apply for charter though, if you move them out and back. I've relocated occupants of both greek houses in Sim State (didn't like the layout+size of the rooms and didn't fancy spending time remodelling Tongue) and had them re-apply for charter because they didn't have the option to sleep on the floor with the changeLotZoning cheat so I wasn't sure if they were full-fledged greek houses.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 20, 02:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like you had a sim on a mobile phone when you saved and exited, in which case, you  have no choice but to follow the above advice and move your sims out.  You will probably not be able to save the lot, and would need to bulldoze it.  However, if you make a new neighbourhood, load The same uni (Is it SimState?) you can then package that lot and put it into your game, then when you go into the hood you are playing, the lot should be in the lot bin and you can use it again.  Then, if you don't want to keep your new neighbourhood, you can just delete it.

Zephyr Zodiac
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 20, 02:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to move my sims out of the house.  However, I haven't played in the house, so I can't move them out.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 20, 02:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't use the Move Students tool in neighbourhood view?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 20, 03:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what Kala means.  If you haven't played a lot since moving them in, you can't use the move tool. 

You can try the Visitors Stay Later mod by Monique at MTS2.  It works with NL if you have it.  You didn't say if you have Nightlife, but I am assuming you do since you have the problem with the sims saying it's late and they have to leave.
http://charlotte.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86655

This mod also lets sims stay all night until their needs drop too low, no matter their age, and they don't immediately leave after parties either.  I love it.

EDIT:  Actually, this just occurred to me.  Before you do that, I would try enabling debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) before trying to load the lot,and see if you get any error messages while loading the lot.  This will allow you to delete any objects that are keeping the lot from loading.  You may have a mesh that is conflicting with another object in the Tri Var House.  See this thread for a similar problem someone was having with a NL house that was traced to a bad sofa mesh:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=933.0
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 20, 03:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh, I remember now. Haven't played the Uni part for a while now, forgot that a lot has to be entered first before the students could be moved out Tongue.

However, when I had a sim play ask a member to move in...

You could try Inge's Teleporters too, in this case, if your sim doesn't have a high enough relationship with the greek house members to successfully ask them to move in. You start by summoning the sim with the teleporter painting then use the move in option to add them to the household. Have them find their own place then start a greek house again. Back up your game folders first before trying anything though.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 20, 04:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh, I remember now. Haven't played the Uni part for a while now, forgot that a lot has to be entered first before the students could be moved out Tongue.\
I think this applies in the regular neighborhood as well from my experience.
However, when I had a sim play ask a member to move in...
Quote from: CuriousSpurious
You could try Inge's Teleporters too, in this case, if your sim doesn't have a high enough relationship with the greek house members to successfully ask them to move in.
The teleporter shrub or painting is good, but another option is pinhead's Move In All hack no friends version (only if you have NL).  It allows you to move in anyone regardless of their age or your sim's relationship to them.  It also allows you to choose whether you want to keep the sim's memories or replace them with CAS default memories.  (He also included a fix for a small Maxis bug where teen and elder vampires can't use the vamprocillin-D.  Shocked)
http://charlotte.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90810
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 20, 04:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...(He also included a fix for a small Maxis bug where teen and elder vampires can't use the vamprocillin-D.  Shocked)

SMALL Maxis bug? That sounds quite big to me. I've only had adult vamps so far, it's knowing I can turn them back to normal that makes it OK.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 20, 04:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...(He also included a fix for a small Maxis bug where teen and elder vampires can't use the vamprocillin-D.  Shocked)

SMALL Maxis bug? That sounds quite big to me. I've only had adult vamps so far, it's knowing I can turn them back to normal that makes it OK.
Yeah, I guess you couldn't see me saying that with tongue in cheek.   Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 20, 06:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what Kala means.  If you haven't played a lot since moving them in, you can't use the move tool. 

I've just been into my game and checked all these things out.  Firstly, you can't move sims into an empty lot without entering the lot!  Secondly, it's perfectly possible to move unplayed sims out of a house.  thirdly, since you can't move YAS into a Greek house from the lot bin (even if they are already members) then the original poster must have been into the house.

Therefore my suggestion that a sim was on a mobile phone when the lot was saved and exited still seems feasible.  Almost the only time I've had a lot crash on me was when that happened.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 20, 07:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been into my game and checked all these things out.  Firstly, you can't move sims into an empty lot without entering the lot!  Secondly, it's perfectly possible to move unplayed sims out of a house.  thirdly, since you can't move YAS into a Greek house from the lot bin (even if they are already members) then the original poster must have been into the house.

Therefore my suggestion that a sim was on a mobile phone when the lot was saved and exited still seems feasible.  Almost the only time I've had a lot crash on me was when that happened.
The Tri Var House is a pre-made Greek House in Sim State.  You must not have played that college yet or you would know that.  I was trying to package the Tri Var house to a file in a fresh Sim State, but I could not evict the girls because I had not played that lot yet.  So this makes perfect sense.  I have also moved sims into a house and then quit without saving.  I could not evict them until I went into the lot and saved it.  So I do know what I am talking about.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 07:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done these things too, and had different things happen.  I have in fact played that sorority, although I haven't tried to move them out.  The house is a bit bugged though, to begin with.  I'll go and load the campus and have a go and see what happens.

I think it must only happen on campus, I checked and you're right, Rainbow.  But it doesn't seem to be the same in the neighbourhood, but I'll check that again too.

Well, i checked it.  Moved Mary-Sue into a house and quit the house without saving while she's still standing on the pavement looking furious.  Back to Neighbourhood view, and she's gone from the bin.  Move her out, no problem, and there she is back in the bin.  I knew I'd done something similar before, when Dustin graduated, I moved him to an empty lot without a house, saved, exited, graduated his fiancee, moved her back to the hood and moved her in with dustin, quit without saving and moved them together into a decent house which they could then afford.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 07:27:05 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 20, 08:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's only with those occupied lots that came with the game/EPs, that you have to visit first before you can move the occupants out. It's been a long time since I moved pre-made sims already moved in when the game started, but I vaguely recall it's the same case in the base neighbourhood, that a box would pop up telling me to visit the lot first before I can move them out. I had edited the family funds in SimPE to relocate the pre-mades into houses that I've packaged and installed, and when I got Uni and tried to move the students into dorms, I got the same message about having to visit the lots first.

It slipped my mind and I thought Kala was having trouble with using the Move Students tool because the Tri Var House wouldn't load. I was going to mention saving game while using a mobile phone in my first reply, but Kala said she was trying to play the lot for the first time, then I re-read hers and Rainbow's post before I understood Tongue.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 20, 10:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I was rather confused too!  Actually, if Kala hasn't played any of the lots in her Uni neighbourhood, one thing she could do is to simply delete the hood and then choose it again, and maybe it will install correctly on a second attempt.  The new simPE should be able to get rid of any superfluous dormies etc., once the first campus is deleted, but before the second is generated. Then instead of generating a second batch, the game will simply replace the originals.  (I think....)

Zephyr Zodiac
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 20, 16:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I was rather confused too!  Actually, if Kala hasn't played any of the lots in her Uni neighbourhood, one thing she could do is to simply delete the hood and then choose it again, and maybe it will install correctly on a second attempt.  The new simPE should be able to get rid of any superfluous dormies etc., once the first campus is deleted, but before the second is generated. Then instead of generating a second batch, the game will simply replace the originals.  (I think....)

I'd like to start over, but I've got five students I;m also playing.  I forgot another weird part of my situation.  I had Angela Pleasent pledge Tri Var without anything odd happening.  Afterwards I had Angela use a lan line phone to move into TRi Var.(I don't know what I was thinking)  AP walked off the lot, but when I tried to Load the house I didn't her her picture with the other girls.

I tried to move Heather Into the House with Jane Stacks, Allegre, and Whatshisname.  Heather is friends with the girls and she's in love(or coital bliss) with whatshisname. 

Oh I do have NL instaled

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 20, 16:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to start over, but I've got five students I;m also playing.  I forgot another weird part of my situation.  I had Angela Pleasent pledge Tri Var without anything odd happening.  Afterwards I had Angela use a lan line phone to move into TRi Var.(I don't know what I was thinking)  AP walked off the lot, but when I tried to Load the house I didn't her her picture with the other girls.

I tried to move Heather Into the House with Jane Stacks, Allegre, and Whatshisname.  Heather is friends with the girls and she's in love(or coital bliss) with whatshisname. 

Oh I do have NL instaled
I have heard of sims disappearing when having them use the phone to Move to Greek house, so I try to avoid it.  You might need to use SimPE to move Angela into another household.  Or use Inge's teleporter shrub to teleport her into one of your campus lots. 

Did you try any of the other things I suggested?  It really sounds like the situation with the House of Fallen Trees.  Try moving your Downlads and SavedSims  folders to your desktop or anywhere out of your Sims 2 folder, and see if the lot will load then.  If it does, then you have something in your custom content that is conflicting.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 20, 16:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried to load the house in two or three days.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 20, 17:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think losing Angela Pleasant is a bonus! Grin  She's recently died in my game - burned to a crisp while making crepes suzettes!  Daniel and Lilith keep getting horrible memories even though Lilith almost dances on her grave, and don who was there at the time can't seem to forget either!

I hope Rainbow's suggestion works out okay for you, though - you obviously care what happens to Angela!

I don't know if you have Crammyboy's portal fix installed, but if you do, that may give you some indication as to whether or not the lot can be saved.  If it's a corrupt portal causing the problem, that fix (over at MTS2) links to another one that tells you how to replace damaged portals.  So, if you manage to get all the girls safely out, I'd recommend using that to check the house before you try using it again.

If you can't fix it, then try my suggestion of making a new neighbourhood, generating a new SimState, then after checking the house is ok, package the lot and then install it into your game with the clean installer (making sure you don't load any of the sims).  To be on the safe side, I'd say install it without any custom content (if there is any in it already).

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 20, 17:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried to load the house in two or three days.
Well let us know how it goes when you try it because I am curious. Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 20, 18:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too!

Zephyr Zodiac
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 20, 18:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Angela Pleasent pledge Tri Var without anything odd happening.  Afterwards I had Angela use a lan line phone to move into TRi Var.(I don't know what I was thinking)  AP walked off the lot, but when I tried to Load the house I didn't her her picture with the other girls.

I think that's normal - or at least the same thing happens in my game when a Sim first moves to a Greek house. Once you load the house for the first time after moving, the new Sims will show up in the loading picture. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like that's much consolation to you, but I think that's the way moving to Greek houses works.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 20, 18:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's like when a sim moves out of a house, the first time you load the lot afterwards, they still show up in the loading pic, but once you get to the house, they're gone.

Zephyr Zodiac
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 21, 22:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried to load the house agian, but I was able to move Angela and Heather(now a family sim) into the Bright house. 

Zephyr, I'm not a big fan of Angela either, but she has so much drama in her life now.  She's engaged to a guy that Allegra has a crush on and her father doesn't like. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 22, 20:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's Castor, shame on you!  He doesn't deserve Angela!

She won't be getting engaged to anyone in my game!  (Not unless ghosts get engaged?)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: