More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 06:06:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Exploiting those Nightlife features!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exploiting those Nightlife features!  (Read 17722 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Exploiting those Nightlife features!
« on: 2005 October 17, 22:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I get into Nightlife the bigger laugh I'm getting.  There are some features in it that can be exploited absolutely to death with wonderful results!  There are a couple of aspirations I always had a hard time keeping happy and gaining enough aspiration points to buy them the good rewards.  One of those was Knowledge.  It seemed no matter how hard they worked, they eventually reached a point where they'd get near aspiration failure and they'd have to work on a skill to get their aspiration back up and without their thinking cap to boot.

I have found that with Nightlife sims can basically live on love.  The best sure-fire way to get them in a good mood is to send them on a date.  Of course, the better the chemistry between the two sims the easier this is, but it's also easy if they have a good relationship already.  Shoot, the date doesn't even have to last real long, just long enough to get their aspiration meter up, get the date meter up fairly well, get them some points for reward objects they might need, and if the date goes really well they get a huge motive boost.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you have a Romance sim who wants to date almost everyone in the neighborhood, with very special care they can date up the wazoo on public lots and never get caught cheating.  Have the Romance sim choose his dates from the service worker pool or from the Downtownie pool.  Build a nice place in your regular neighborhood, then have them invite one of those sims on a date, but instead of going Downtown just go to that nice lot you built.  Their Downtownie or service worker boyfriend/girlfriend are never going to show up on those lots, except for possibly in passing (some service workers) or in a working capacity.  As near as I can tell one that's on the job is completely oblivious to what's going on.  This also keeps Miss Crumplebottom from doing her best to waylay your sims while they're making out in the quiet little spot behind the restaurant.

Oh, one thing I might add here is that while I've read on the BBS about Miss Crumplebottom 'ruining my date!' I've never seen it actually happen.  One pair of my sims had gone to the Botanical Garden restaurant and were necking out in the back corner.  They'd hit Dream Date and Mrs. Crumplebottom strolled on out and started whacking the guy with her purse.  It didn't affect the date meter score.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but it sure didn't in this case.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Exploiting those Nightlife features!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 17, 23:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotta love how easy it is to send a Sim on a date to get their aspiration meter up.  It's almost like a cheat.

I had Mrs. Crumplebottom purse-whacking one of my dating Sims, and the meter fell a little.  Not enough to really hurt, but it did fall.  The date wasn't to dream date status yet.

I suspect once the date meter is full you still accumulate date points.  If you get a lot of extra points, your date will bring you more expensive gifts later.  If this is how it works, then being purse-whacked won't lower the score enough to register on the meter.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 17, 23:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah!  Those extra points are great!  I hadn't taken tons of opportunity to play with racking up extras, but my Legacy sim invited one of his friends, who just happens to be a Romance sim, to move in.  My plan for him is to turn him into a vampire, then have him melt in the sun for the ghost bonus.  Anyway, him being the love-lorn fellow he is, he's so far dating the Diva, a vampire and a waitress.  So far he's been delivered a DJ machine and two pianos!

I was telling my daughter last night the dating thing tends to put a game within the game--you have to learn how to 'play' it. Wink

I agree--it does seem almost like cheating!  Grin

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 18, 00:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been lucky with keeping my sims from being assaulted by Mrs. Crumplebottom. On my "date" lots I'll have bowling, a bar or a poker table to keep her interested. Most of the time Mrs. Crumplebottom's too busy with her drink to even notice my sims making out. If she does, I cancel out of the "be hit with purse" interaction before she can do it (the same way I cancel out of the "work out" interaction when the coach comes in and harasses my college students). The most Mrs. Crumplebottom does once I cancel the interaction is to shake her purse and yell at my sims, then she goes back to her drink (or poker or bowling). I've tried it a few times and as long as my dating sims are about half a room from her they have an excellent chance of not being pummeled by her purse. Smiley
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 18, 00:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As many times as I've been downtown, Mrs. Crumplebottom still hasn't appeared on any of my downtown lots. I want to see this purse whacking thing!
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 18, 00:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As near as I can tell one that's on the job is completely oblivious to what's going on. 

The waitresses definitely notice what's going on while they're working.  I had a romance sim who was working his way through every downtownie he met in pursuit of the 20 loves at once goal, and made the mistake of taking his latest date out for dinner.  I discovered very quickly that not only do the same waitresses work in every downtown restaurant, but also that they seriously object to their lover walking in the door with his new date - slaps flying everywhere!

However, I also discovered a useful trick - if your sim gets caught cheating, as long as you can keep them from being slapped then it's only the cheatee who falls out of love, not the cheater (as soon as they get slapped though, they lose the hearts).  So you can acheive the 20 loves at once want even if half those loves now detest your sim...
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 18, 00:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has nothing to do with romance or lovers, but personally I love the ecological guru career. A pregant female can make 70K a week with perfectly timed pregancies. She still racks up a load of vacation and makes a fortune.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 18, 01:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As many times as I've been downtown, Mrs. Crumplebottom still hasn't appeared on any of my downtown lots. I want to see this purse whacking thing!

Today I had a sim who got really stinky autonomously go into the mens room and give himself a sponge bath. Well Mrs. Crumplebottom was having none of that! She marched right into the mens room, through the male-only door no less, and beat him with her purse!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 18, 02:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I had a sim who got really stinky autonomously go into the mens room and give himself a sponge bath. Well Mrs. Crumplebottom was having none of that! She marched right into the mens room, through the male-only door no less, and beat him with her purse!
That's just stupid.  Why should she care (or even know) that he is in the privacy of the MEN's room washing up?  Why doesn't she beat them up for using the urinal?  Oddly, she doesn't seem to mind them bumping and grinding on the dance floor.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 18, 02:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best sure-fire way to get them in a good mood is to send them on a date.

Yep, it's definately like cheating. You can also lock a good desire (for each of them) towards the end of a date, not fulfill it, and (especially if the couple lives together or in a dorm together) use it for a quick pickmeup for them later. One good make-out and they're both platinum again.

I think the presents for dates depend partially on how much money the sim in question has - if they're not very well off, they don't give good ones... 'least I think cuz my sims get lots more flowers than stuff even though they're almost always at the "can we do it again pleeeese, i can't wait to tell my friends" level - which seems to be the highest ('least that I've seen).

I've just been ignoring Mrs. Crumblebottom. She hasn't caused me any trouble. But the jealousy thing sure has. I can just here him saying, "But honey, that was before I even *met* you..."

And 'sides she rolled up a fear of engagement - obviously romance - and he wants to get married. What's she care anyways?

Unsouper
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 18, 07:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have the latest version of TwoJeffs NPC & Visitor Zapper do you? That auto-bans Mrs. Crumplebottom from Downtown lots. If you do have it, just click on your active sim, then click Adjust.../NPC & Visitors.../Allow Mrs. Crumplebottom (or something like that).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 18, 07:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As near as I can tell one that's on the job is completely oblivious to what's going on. 

The waitresses definitely notice what's going on while they're working.  I had a romance sim who was working his way through every downtownie he met in pursuit of the 20 loves at once goal, and made the mistake of taking his latest date out for dinner.  I discovered very quickly that not only do the same waitresses work in every downtown restaurant, but also that they seriously object to their lover walking in the door with his new date - slaps flying everywhere!

However, I also discovered a useful trick - if your sim gets caught cheating, as long as you can keep them from being slapped then it's only the cheatee who falls out of love, not the cheater (as soon as they get slapped though, they lose the hearts).  So you can acheive the 20 loves at once want even if half those loves now detest your sim...

Uh-huh!  I just discovered this tonight! LOL  My little Romance sim just broke his Romance girlfriend's heart!  I canceled out the slap, though.  The fate I have prepared for him is worse than any slap could be so I let him thoroughly enjoy his night out with the other gal.  She even brought him a statue.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 18, 08:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And 'sides she rolled up a fear of engagement - obviously romance - and he wants to get married. What's she care anyways?

If you're talking about Mrs. Crumplebottom, she's a family sim.  You'd think with that aspiration she'd be all for love and romance!  I think she's jealous, though.  Grin

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 18, 10:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol - no, no, I was talking about my sims first girlfriend. They had a pile of dream dates, fell in love, he rolled up the get engaged want and she had a fear of engagement and wanted 3 lovers at once. Obviously she was romance (he's popularity) and even tho they liked each other really well, he was gonna get hurt - so he dumped her. But she got jealous when he went out with his new girlfriend. Silly sim.

Unfortunately, the new girl seemed liked a better match, but they only had 2 bolts, so I moved her in with him and changed their turn ons and offs all around. I knew they didn't match - he likes makeup and she wasn't wearing any, and she liked black hair and his is brown - turned out she also liked cologne and he never wore any. But no matter how perfectly I set them, they could only get 2. He likes his brother's girlfriend (Stella - she's actually the ingame born sim. He and his brother were Uni students) better :p and Stella's crazy about his brother (and vice versa) - not going to happen, leave her alone guy. Sooo, he moved the 2nd gf back out also. I was afraid she was gonna be hurt and unhappy, but they just waved when she left and she was thinking about money. I guess he wasn't well off enough for her. (she turned out to be money.)

He's having a hard time finding the perfect mate.

Like Gali, I hate it when my perfect matches are fooling around or something. When Stella goes dt she's always running into her father and he's thinking little hearts about some unknown townie or other - and Stella's father and his wife are perfect matches, sweet as anything, and she gave him everything - what's he doing thinking loving thoughts about some other woman, especially when his daughter is right there. bleh. (tho I don't think he's cheating... he'd be doing it autonomously if he was.)

Unsouper
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 18, 17:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to figure out now on earth my sims even KNOW to have those thoughts about some sims they do!  My sim invited their burglar friend over.  He was chatting with their little girl and she was talking about a sim she has never met who is one of her mom's best friends.  The burglar was standing there with hearts around the thought bubbles of this sim of which they were speaking.  Now keep in mind NEITHER of these sims have ever met him.  Then that night I noticed the little girl dreaming about the sim of their conversation and SHE had hearts around the thought bubble.

One thing I like about the dating feature is that you actually get to see what aspiration the sim being dated is which comes in really handy.  That way you can decide whether or not you want your sim to pursue that sim and if not end the date before things get too hot and heavy.  It helps eliminate too many hurt feelings.  I'd rather most of my sims not have a Dream Date than things getting completely out of hand.

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 18, 20:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking about Mrs. Crumplebottom, she's a family sim.  You'd think with that aspiration she'd be all for love and romance!  I think she's jealous, though.  Grin

She's also a lush who loves to bowl.  Safest place to makeout downtown in a bowling alley with a bar!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 18, 20:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to figure out now on earth my sims even KNOW to have those thoughts about some sims they do!  My sim invited their burglar friend over.  He was chatting with their little girl and she was talking about a sim she has never met who is one of her mom's best friends.  The burglar was standing there with hearts around the thought bubbles of this sim of which they were speaking.  Now keep in mind NEITHER of these sims have ever met him.  Then that night I noticed the little girl dreaming about the sim of their conversation and SHE had hearts around the thought bubble.

Those are attraction markers and they get passed through conversation like memory markers, I've had Sims do the floaty hearts thought bubble about family members and even themselves. You can remove them through SimPE, they show up as invisible memories with the "reaching the top of the art career" icon. It is definitely weird to see Sims show attraction to someone that they themselves aren't even attracted to or have even met before.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 18, 21:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I like about the dating feature is that you actually get to see what aspiration the sim being dated is which comes in really handy.

You can? eeeep. Obviously I haven't looked at all the right buttons - I've been guessing based on what wants they roll up. <feels very stupid> I'm gonna end up in that News Box sometime soon, hm? <isn't quite sure how all this ripped lips thing works, but I have the feeling if I keep posting I'm gonna find out> Smiley

Unsouper
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 18, 21:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dates make popularity sims playable for me..its much easier to keep them happy but of course it is also a curse too b/c then they want to be friends...be best friends..ect with all these people they dated.  But of course even one so-so date often leads to friendship so its great to build up friends and you can end the date before any lovey dovey interactions take place.
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 18, 22:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can? eeeep. Obviously I haven't looked at all the right buttons - I've been guessing based on what wants they roll up.

It doesn't actually say anywhere, but the icon for their aspiration is under the date meter - It's the icon used to show/hide the date's wants.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 18, 22:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have the latest version of TwoJeffs NPC & Visitor Zapper do you? That auto-bans Mrs. Crumplebottom from Downtown lots. If you do have it, just click on your active sim, then click Adjust.../NPC & Visitors.../Allow Mrs. Crumplebottom (or something like that).

Ooooh, yes, I sure do have that. That explains it, then. Thanks for letting me know!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 19, 17:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I like about the dating feature is that you actually get to see what aspiration the sim being dated is which comes in really handy.

You can? eeeep. Obviously I haven't looked at all the right buttons - I've been guessing based on what wants they roll up. <feels very stupid> I'm gonna end up in that News Box sometime soon, hm? <isn't quite sure how all this ripped lips thing works, but I have the feeling if I keep posting I'm gonna find out> Smiley

Don't feel bad!  If you go to the News Box, so can I!  My daughter's the one who told me about the date panel having the expandable want box.  It sure has made my sim's dating lives much easier!

At the bottom left of the date meter you'll see an aspiration icon and just left of it an arrow.  For whatever reason my brain never clicked as to why the arrow would be there.  Tongue

I've always enjoyed populartiy sims.  Often I don't worry about them making 30 best friends.  They usually end up in a fit of wants that have to do with a particular sim so I've found them pretty easy to keep happy.  Once in a while they'll go through a few interactions with one sim then want to move on to another but hey, they're Sims after all.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 19, 17:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always enjoyed populartiy sims.  Often I don't worry about them making 30 best friends.  They usually end up in a fit of wants that have to do with a particular sim so I've found them pretty easy to keep happy.  Once in a while they'll go through a few interactions with one sim then want to move on to another but hey, they're Sims after all.
The only thing though is when they and family sims get stuck on a certain sim they are just friends with, and they get stuck in a cycle of Appreciate, Tell joke/Tell dirty joke/Entertain, Play with, and then rinse and repeat ad nauseam.  Sure it's easy to get them into Platinum at that point, but then it gets boring.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 19, 18:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree it gets boring if they do that. LOL  Sims have one-track minds.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 19, 18:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a thought and I don't remember if I thought to post it here or not and don't want to read all my ramblingness (like as if anyone else does!) to find out!

I've noticed that when a couple of sims are on dates they might come to sort of an impasse in their wants, like there'll be nothing you can fulfill to get the date moving again (say a knowledge sim that suddenly thinks he's got to go back home and study, study, study!).  If you click on the other sim and choose flirt>check out sim their wants will re-roll.  It also works for their date by clicking and asking if they like what they see.  Nine times out of 10 you'll get a fresh set of wants, which is really helpful to get the date back on the right track.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: