More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:05:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dumb Question about voices
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dumb Question about voices  (Read 26915 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Dumb Question about voices
« on: 2005 October 17, 09:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who's recently graduated, and I expected him to have a particular kind of voice (he's a very outgoing and playful Leo) which I usually associate with leos.  However, he's got this much deeper voice which I tend to associate more with Taurus.  Is there any way to safely change a sim's adult voice?

Zephyr Zodiac
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Dumb Question about voices
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 17, 10:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's another sim with the voice you want, you can switch their voice types with SimPe.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 17, 10:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't just give them a new voice then?  If I know what the one I want is called?

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 17, 11:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done this a few times, myself. Copying and pasting the voice-type of a sim with the voice I want in simpe has worked so far for me. I don't really understand how the voice-types work, as each sim seems to have his own unique voice-type, so I hope I'm not doing any harm with two sims having the same voice-type. I never thought about "switching" them.  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 17, 11:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Leos have, as far as I know, a different voice type than most other sims, but for some reason this one hasn't got it.  He says Stuvay! a lot, and Stosso!, but I want him to say (forgive the spelling here) Abaladabijay!

So I need to find the reference number of the voice I actually want, and copy that over the existing one?  If I take it from a sim in a different game, that shouldn't cause any problems, should it?                                         

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 17, 11:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hasn't with my game, so far, knock on wood. Are the voices astrologically-related? I know their nice points (or lack thereof) will give them a few different sounds. The teen male voice with 3 or fewer nice points cracks me up the way they screech "craw frabah!" when they're frustrated! But I have several tauruses in my game (I like their personalities, so I make a lot of tauruses, and they always seem to have taurus children), and one, I know for certain, has the higher male voice. The one that goes "weh WOO!" a lot. That still makes me laugh, too.But his Taurus father (Joe!) and Taurus brother both have the "stosso!" voices. So does his Gemini brother.

I often have to change my female adult voices as well, as the higher squeaky one seems to be dominating my game. It just doesn't fit with some of my characters. One interesting thing, though, is that I had an adult female whose voice I changed to that of another elder female sim, just to see what happened. The result was pretty cool. She still looks like an adult female (no saggy boobs! And I have given her salt and pepper hair and a few wrinkles) and is wearing her "adult" outfit, but has the voice (and age group) of elder. She unfortunately still has the obsteoporosis slouch, when she's standing still.  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 17, 14:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if you turn an elder into an adult again, they keep the hair and clothes etc., but they gain the voice, body and activity of the adult - and no need to pee every five sim minutes!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 17, 15:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know there were different voices other than different age groups and genders.  I know Don Lothario says that "Abaladabijay" you were talking about, ZZ.  It gets me when they graduate and their voices are suddenly deeper because when they transition to YA, they keep their teen voice, but when the become adults, they keep pretty much the same face and body but change to an adult voice.  Some of them I'm still not quite used to.  I thought it had to do more with being outgoing and other personality factors.  My outgoing teen males are always going around saying "Givanni!"  The one that gets me though, and it's not every time, but sometimes when a YA female woohoos, they will do this high pitched yoddeling sound toward the end.  It's weird!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 17, 16:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think only teen females yodel!  I suppose they're having an orgasm!!!!

Well, it is mainly outgoing males who have this voice, but mostly that's Leos with high fun and low niceness, i think.  brandi's thrid son also says it (when he's born leo, I have had him born under a different sign, I think, but only once.

I'd actually love it if someone did a complete list of all sims' expressions - and attempted to give them a meaning!   (Annoys me, though, while they're eating lunch, they can say the same thing half a dozen times - not that human males are necessarily any more inventive than - nice meal, darling. Like the mint sauce, darling. Any more gravy in that jug, son?)

Oh, and I think CAS YA's do change their faces quite a lot, I know some of mine are no where near as nice looking as adults as they were as students!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 17, 16:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd actually love it if someone did a complete list of all sims' expressions - and attempted to give them a meaning!   

Someone on the BBS did this quite a while ago, I came across it once.  Maybe if you try a search you'd be able to find it.  It was a very long post as quite a few people added more words to it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 17, 17:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I went to the BBS I'd have a look, but I don't, it's too confusing for me!  Never mind, if all the posters were thirteen, I wouldn't want to know what they came up with!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 17, 20:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a kick out of the adult females who sing in the energizer machine.  I have to laugh and watch them every time they do it!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 17, 21:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a kick out of the adult females who sing in the energizer machine.  I have to laugh and watch them every time they do it!
I have to wonder what that machine is doing to them.  Wink
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 17, 21:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to wonder what that machine is doing to them.  Wink

There's an interesting mod to the energizer over on MTS2 - you're not left to wonder what the machine is doing to them.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 17, 21:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh. you naughty person you.

Apparently men sing in the machine as well.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 17, 22:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already imagined that it was a - well - big - er well, you know!  What other kind of machine would make you sing?  Wink

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 18, 00:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I went to the BBS I'd have a look, but I don't, it's too confusing for me!  Never mind, if all the posters were thirteen, I wouldn't want to know what they came up with!

I compiled a list a while back, myself, that I posted on MTS2. This was around the same time the bbs did it. I'll see if I can dig around and find it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 18, 05:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Brynne, I'm sure your list will make a lot more sense!

As to singing, why didn't they include the bit from TS1 where happy sims sang in the shower?  I used to use that to gauge how happy my sims actually were!

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 18, 14:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Leos have, as far as I know, a different voice type than most other sims, but for some reason this one hasn't got it.  He says Stuvay! a lot, and Stosso!, but I want him to say (forgive the spelling here) Abaladabijay!

Not to mention "bafangool"  Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 18, 14:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a bbs simlish dictionary
http://tinyurl.com/af7bm

The wikipedia has some info that may (or may not) be useful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simlish
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 18, 15:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'm so much wiser now that I've seen these links!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 18, 20:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... I didn't see
"Nargfood"
when an adult female sim answers the phone
means "You again?  Quit calling me, Marsha!"

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 18, 21:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the last neighbourhood I was playing before I loaded my trial of NL today, the stalker was a romance YA called Lothario something (can't remember what) and whenever a sim Called Friends, and he was one of them, he'd call straight back again!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 18, 22:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find my list. I still have the hand-written version, so I'll need to type it up again. I think I left it on my old laptop. I posted it at MTS2 and was quite proud of it, because I had several things the other lists did not have, and I got a slew of replies pointing me to the "you know you play the sims too much when..." threads.  Tongue

I have another voice question. Can an adult be given a YA voice and still remain an adult? I feel the same way someone mentioned earlier, where the adult voice is too drastic a change from what I'm used to for certain sims. I've been able to keep sims at the YA stage while living in the regular neighborhood, but there are a lot of problems with it. The not being able to dress for work thing and the spontaneous aging into adult while pregnant or moving, to name two. I have a pregnant female who I want to keep the YA voice. Neither of the adult female voices seem to work for her.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 19, 03:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

means "You again?  Quit calling me, Marsha!"

Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »