More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 16:03:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Name Change
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Name Change  (Read 5002 times)
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Name Change
« on: 2007 September 10, 22:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing BV, all the females in the neighborhood (whether there maxis made or not) they all have different last names than their spouses. Some have entirely different first and last names. Huh

I did a clean install For BV, So there is no downloads/mods or savesims files etc… I did try to use my backup's folder and still the same thing. I also try to use simpe to see what was up (after getting though all the error hiccups in simpe) It showed the entire correct names for all females.  Huh

The only other problem I found is I can't walk to community lots at all.
Other than these problems everything seems to working ok.

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Name Change
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 10, 23:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you, perhaps, get the wrong version of BV?  I remember something like this happening when folks got UK versions of Seasons and installed them in the US, or US versions of Seasons in Australia.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 11, 00:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to change some settings in your registry. Go to Start...Run...then type "regedit" in the command box and click on "Run".

1. View ye olde Windows Explorer-type system.
2. Follow the path (on the left) My Computer...HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...SOFTWARE....EA GAMES....The Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Also expand that folder so that you can see the subfolder, 1.0.
3. Make sure you have The Sims 2 Bon Voyage folder on the left selected. On the right, right-click on Language, and then Modify. Change value data to "English US". Click OK.
4. Right-click on Locale, then Modify. Change value data to "en_us". Click OK
5. Click on that subfolder mentioned earlier, on the left, 1.0.
6. Right-click on Language, then Modify. Change value data to "1". Click OK
7. Right-click on LanguageName, then Modify. Change value data to "English US". Click OK.
8. X out of the window.

Now, your names should be corrected and the clock will return to normal.

I've assumed you are in the US. If not, glance at the settings for the other Sims expansions you have to know what to change them to.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 11, 02:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to say thanks for your tips Grin, and how to change the setting, and yes I believe it is a UK version, one because of the clock. I did notice the clock was on 24hrs and I kept have to change it back to 12hrs.

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 11, 03:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV has the option (somewhere in the options) to force the clock to 12 or 24 hrs. not sure if that helps any but I thought I would mention it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 11, 03:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to say thanks for your tips Grin, and how to change the setting, and yes I believe it is a UK version, one because of the clock. I did notice the clock was on 24hrs and I kept have to change it back to 12hrs.
No problem. Been there, done that. It's especially shocking when the game decides to give men female names and vice versa.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 11, 08:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV has the option (somewhere in the options) to force the clock to 12 or 24 hrs. not sure if that helps any but I thought I would mention it.

That does help immensely! I'll check that out the next time I enter the game. Thanks for the info!

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 11, 09:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, not again! This happened to my game after I installed Seasons.

As I live in darkest Africa and my BV pre-order will only be arriving at the end of the month at the earliest, I decided to save my sanity by getting a *cough*sample*cough* via torrents, and hope to install it tonight. I have made a note to not save the game if this crops up. I spent hours with the lot debugger correcting all the names the last time, as I had saved.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 10:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remain consistent in what version you install. If it does NOT ask you what language you wish to install in, you are installing US version, and must regedit if you previously were international. If it does, then you are installing International and will need to regedit if you used US previously.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 15:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remain consistent in what version you install. If it does NOT ask you what language you wish to install in, you are installing US version, and must regedit if you previously were international. If it does, then you are installing International and will need to regedit if you used US previously.
Or you could just check the regedit before loading up after install just in case. *shrug*

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 14, 10:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problems this time.

More F than you
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 14, 14:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That maybe explains some of the problems I've had with Seasons, since I have the download, and probably possibly might not have changed the language to UK English!  I'll have to and have a look and see......

Checked, and it appears I did it right, as I have English UK specified.  (But why they give us the 24 hour clock is beyond me, it's only ever used for time-tables, and most bus companies have reverted to 12 hour, I believe.  In the UK we don't USE the 24 hour clock, any more than we drink litres of beer or drive at so many kilometres per hour!  You don't change a whole language through some stupid European legislation inspired by Napoleon - and at last they've had to admit they have had to give up trying.....)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 14, 14:32:06 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 14, 15:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In SA the 24 hour clock is widely used.

HEE. My preorder of BV has been dispatched.

More F than you
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 14, 17:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even in France people don't say "I'll see you at 2100 hours"  - and the same goes for Germany.  I presume, though I don't have first hand knowledge of othre languages, the same goes in many European countries.  The 24 hour clock is used for officialese and timetables, and is not really part of everyday conversation!

I got my copy of BV last Friday, but I'm waiting....I shall install it only when I think the time is right.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: