More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 20:50:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can your sim run a hotel?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can your sim run a hotel?  (Read 5297 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Can your sim run a hotel?
« on: 2007 September 10, 21:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a really dumb question but can your sims run a hotel now with all the new hotel objects?  Would be cool to make some small cramped motel 6 place and live off the money from it.  If you can how do you go about doing it?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: Can your sim run a hotel?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 10, 21:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been wondering this myself. I'd like to have a bed and breakfast add on to an existing house.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 10, 21:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the manual that comes with the game specifically says that hotels can't be owned. Now, maybe some bright/awesome hacker can make it so, but right now the answer is probably no.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 10, 22:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've no idea about BV, but this is how I run a bed+breakfast (pre-BV, pre-OfB, pre-everything totally stone age method):

* Build a suitable lot
* Lock your private space (I use JMP's security system, but whatever floats your boat)
* Move in a handful of townies
* Proceed to ignore them.

It may not be exactly what you want, but it's fun -- kind of a mini ISBI challenge =) .. in my hood I gave the "guests" jobs from the teen/elder careers, what they earn is what they "pay for the room" and when they go to work I pretend they go out sightseeing. No hacks required (except for some access management utility), so nothing can explode due to not being updated for BV. You can make sure the guests sleep/hang out in the proper rooms by locking the rooms as necessary, make breakfast for them once a day, feed them with a buffet the rest of the time. If you have OfB you can start a home business that does nothing so that you can hire someone to Tidy Up for a maid. Or hire a maid with the cristianlov NPC thingy in case that's still compatible, or make a family member the maid. (Or simply hire a regular maid of course .. I tend to forget that that's possible Cheesy)

Also, Numenor has a sleep on comm lots hack @ mts2 that you could probably use if you want to run it as an owned business .. although I seem to recall that he said tired visitors would just leave, not sleep, so it might be useless for a hotel (but then again I'm not sure if he was talkign about his own hack when he said that). 
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 10, 22:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually a pretty cool idea pbox.

I just checked through everything i didn't see a mention of not being able to do it in the manual unless i missed it.  I checked the catalogue on a residential lot, i didn't see the hotel counter anywhere in the normal catalogue however when i went to collections and selected hotel there it was.  However i was unable to do anything with it, selecting it from the catalogue didn't bring up the usual outline to place it not even in red, so i guess it needs enabling.  After that though i'm not sure if anything else would need changing.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 11, 12:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a community lot sleeping hack, but not by Numenor (Squinge maybe?), and my guests do sleep over. In fact, I have to lock my playable sims' rooms to keep the guests from raiding them. I haven't tried this with an ownable community lot, but it works fine as a home business.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 11, 16:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a community lot sleeping hack, but not by Numenor (Squinge maybe?), and my guests do sleep over. In fact, I have to lock my playable sims' rooms to keep the guests from raiding them. I haven't tried this with an ownable community lot, but it works fine as a home business.

Maybe I'll try this. The home cafe-place I'm running right now is one step away from being a flophouse anyway.  Cheesy And I do lock the house doors so that only the PCs and employees can come in.

Thanks, NVA.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 11, 21:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an owned community lot hotel.  It's kind of sleazy and he charges by the hour.  I use a community lot sleeping hack, probably the Squinge one (?), and the mind control mirror to put the guests to bed when they're tired (otherwise they'll just go home, I think).  The other sims in my neighborhood visit too.  They bring their mistresses there, teenagers bring their dates after prom.  It's a lovely place Wink

I also have a less sleazy country-club type owned hotel, but it also charges by the hour (more expensive though) just because that's the way OFB works.

These are both in the base neighborhood.  I have no idea if you can own a business in a vacation hood or not...

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 21:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you got a hack that allows community lot sleeping technically they should sleep instead of going home no?  Anyways some good ideas maybe i'll make a charge by the hour place guess that's the only way to do it at the moment until someone finds a way to hack the hotel items.  btw can anyone link the squinge community lot sleeping hack?  His forum section kind of....sank into the ocean.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 23:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: LFox
If you got a hack that allows community lot sleeping technically they should sleep instead of going home no?

They *should* but .. sims *should* do a lot of things they just don't Wink

Quote from: LFox
Anyways some good ideas maybe i'll make a charge by the hour place guess that's the only way to do it at the moment until someone finds a way to hack the hotel items.  btw can anyone link the squinge community lot sleeping hack?  His forum section kind of....sank into the ocean.

Not meaning to tell you what to do in your game, but quoting from the thread linked below "Community Lot Sleeping (by Squinge @ Insimenator) [..] requires OFB, is not compatible with Season and applies (purposely) only to OFB lots" -- I just think if it's not Seasons compatible *and* unsupported, I wouldn't want to risk using it in BV? There is some more info on the various sleep hacks in this thread (which is where the Numenor version lives): http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241797
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 12, 00:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They *should* but .. sims *should* do a lot of things they just don't Wink

Heh, good point after all they'd rather stand around screaming at a fire than put it out.

Not meaning to tell you what to do in your game, but quoting from the thread linked below "Community Lot Sleeping (by Squinge @ Insimenator) [..] requires OFB, is not compatible with Season and applies (purposely) only to OFB lots" -- I just think if it's not Seasons compatible *and* unsupported, I wouldn't want to risk using it in BV? There is some more info on the various sleep hacks in this thread (which is where the Numenor version lives): http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241797

Thanks for a link to numenor's hack i'm not the kind of person to purposely install stuff that's labeled as incompatible.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: