More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 15:11:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More telephone wierdness!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More telephone wierdness!  (Read 3862 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
More telephone wierdness!
« on: 2005 October 12, 19:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kane has a strange problem when he tries to call his friends.  He can phone one or two, then he ends up talking on the phone but there is no indication as to who he's talking to, and I have to clear offworld loiterers to end the call.  Any ideas anyone?  I'd love to know who he's talking to, but I can't find out!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: More telephone wierdness!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 12, 20:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this with the new phone hack, or just autoyakyak or what?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 12, 20:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't got NL yet, so it's the Uni Phone hack plus Auto Yak.  Oh, and another oddity - when he puts in a crank call to his enemy Chantal (he really hates her, and I've no idea why, hates her fiance as well!) instead of her rushing over and barging in to shove him and yell at him, she comes over and walks to the front door and rings the bell!  (And normally she's one who will just walk into a house!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 01:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the requirments to make a crank call again? Do they have to have 0 niceness or something like that? I've had very few sims that could do it. You'd think with Nightlife and all this furious business that more of them now would be able to.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 14, 01:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's 0-1 niceness.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 14, 01:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Pescado's phone hack harrasment more or less work like crank calling (ie run to your house and shove you) or does it just have them get pissed at you and drop the relationship score? I've actually never used the phone harassment. Only time I got the prompt for it is when I forgot and called someone late but then I just said no to it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 14, 01:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried it only manually, the sims that received the crank call only shows up on the lot and stand around at the gate (like most guests invited over do) like they are waiting to be greeted. They show up even if it's late at night. No shoving so far, but relationship takes a hit, although not as bad as calling someone to chat at an ungodly hour and getting those "it's not cool to call me in the middle of the night to tell me my house is on fire" messages.

Edit: I've got a sim that has 0 in niceness, and I've noticed that whenever she Call>Friends (autoyak), the action queue shows 'crank calling' instead of 'call sim'. Got a fright and promptly checked if she's made any enemies as she had been on the phone for the better part of the day, thank goodness it wasn't harassment calls she had been making in place of friendly ones to repair friendships.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 14, 02:10:39 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 14, 02:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I've got a sim that has 0 in niceness, and I've noticed that whenever she Call>Friends (autoyak), the action queue shows 'crank calling' instead of 'call sim'. Got a fright and promptly checked if she's made any enemies as she had been on the phone for the better part of the day, thank goodness it wasn't harassment calls she had been making in place of friendly ones to repair friendships.
I've found that it will show various icons but they don't mean anything.  Lots of times mine will say Call/Family even though I clicked Call Friends.  Sometimes since NL, it will say Manage Groups.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 14, 08:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without the phone hack and autoyak, crank calls are like watching someone through the telescope, the victim rushes over and shoves and shouts at the caller (or if the caller has gone to work/class, then enyone else who happens to be avaiable!  And I think with just the phone hack, it's the same, so it must be a feature of Autoyak!  And sims could always phone at two or three am, but now you get the choice whether to continue the call or not.  But it does lower relationship scores if they wake other sims up!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: