More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 16:30:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Cat can't be hugged
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cat can't be hugged  (Read 3302 times)
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
Cat can't be hugged
« on: 2007 August 09, 05:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This family has two cats, one of which behaves normally, but for some reason the other cannot be given love or played with by a sim. There's no error or anything, it simply drops out of queue. The cat can ask for it, and gets it, but not the other way around no matter how high the relationship. Personality-wise, it's independent, but that's never made any difference for all pets.
I must mention both cats are adopted strays.

Hacks information: 90% Pescado's hacks, no pet-related hacks except for Pescado's. I do use jfade's pet stuff, the litter/food dish. I also use paladin's one-tile pet bed. I have had them for a long time. I also have insim, but I use only the teleporter and pregnancy controller (yes, yes, lazy puppy-killing bum and all that). Tried the elimination method, no dice.

I'll attach an error log, but at which point do I force the error? There's isn't any jumping or other funky behaviours at all!

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Cat can't be hugged
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 09, 06:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting it and reloading the lot, so that it respawns by the mailbox.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 09, 13:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow a real cat has managed to get into your game. Real cats can only be hugged when they want it. Tongue

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 09, 13:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted one cat, and after reload both were wonky. Grr. It worked after I deleted both and reloaded.

Somehow a real cat has managed to get into your game. Real cats can only be hugged when they want it. Tongue

Cheesy I thought so myself at first!

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 09, 13:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's my cat. My cat can only be hugged or petted when its wants to be. And when it wants to be, you'd better. "You may pet Us now."

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 09, 15:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! My cat is more cat than your!

He never wants to be hugged: he hates hugs, always reacts with claws and hisses when someone tries to hug him, or even only carry him in arms. No way you can have him on your lap, unless you want to be mauled and scratched too.
Just wave at him from distance, like at least a couple meters, say "hi cat" and smile, and he purrs so loud you can hear him from there.

Ok, so much for useless posts, going back to my business Wink.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 09, 17:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's my cat. My cat can only be hugged or petted when its wants to be. And when it wants to be, you'd better. "You may pet Us now."
I have one who wants to be hugged and petted and talked to every moment of every day. At night, he lays up against me. The other one (pictured) freaks out if you try to hug him or put arms around him. He'll put up with unsolicited petting, but only in the approved spots of the top of the head and the spine. Except for right when I get home from work, then he wants my undivided attention for a bit. And randomly once a week, he'll come sit next to me, look all sad, and cry for me to love on him.

Brushing time is equally hilarious. Soren sees the brush and practically throws himself on me to be brushed, while Mikko tries to attack it.

Oh, so, Mens Mortuus, I've had that issue as well. Not just hugging was borked...every interaction was borked. The cat could initiate, but no one else could and have it go through. That's what I did as well. Forcing errors on him didn't do a thing. I almost wonder if it's something gone wrong during lot load, as he had been fine the previous play session.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 12, 09:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! My cat is more cat than your!

He never wants to be hugged: he hates hugs, always reacts with claws and hisses when someone tries to hug him, or even only carry him in arms. No way you can have him on your lap, unless you want to be mauled and scratched too.
Yes, but my cat will do this if you don't pet him when he says so, as well as if you try to when he hasn't said so. It is very "You May Pet Us Now."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: