More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 18:17:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My Sims are addicted to the poker table, much like the kicky bag!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sims are addicted to the poker table, much like the kicky bag!!!!  (Read 6853 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
My Sims are addicted to the poker table, much like the kicky bag!!!!
« on: 2005 October 06, 11:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that when their Sims are 'at a loose end' that they all congregate to the poker table, to the detriment of other needs?

J.M......

Can you make a hack to prevent this please.......it's sh*ting me no end!!!  Angry

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: My Sims are addicted to the poker table, much like the kicky bag!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 07, 04:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid that this is one of those yes/no type dealies. Maxis loves to make obsessive-compulsive behaviors on objects, and there's always going to be one thing which is going to be surrounded in pools of piss if you don't rule with an iron fist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 07, 04:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid that this is one of those yes/no type dealies. Maxis loves to make obsessive-compulsive behaviors on objects, and there's always going to be one thing which is going to be surrounded in pools of piss if you don't rule with an iron fist.

Ah yes, pools of piss.... hands waving in disgust because of the stench of hygenically decayed sims  Roll Eyes
 I hope it will be a yes type dealie at some stage, because whilst it's a pretty good way for sims to get to know each other, it's a royal pain in the arse otherwise.

Anyway, I have now ruled with my iron fist and taken away their precious 'addiction', so take that my dear 'family'  Angry  Kiss

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 07, 06:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes..I've noticed this as well.  The only reason I haven't found it quite as annoying as the stupid insturments is b/c it doesn't make any obnoxious noises .

If you put one on a community lot all the townies gather there and your stupid sim no doubt rolls wants to play cards.

They'll all sit there until they are about to pee themselves and are starving to death.  Stupid stupid sims.
bluecruzer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 07, 09:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol while i normaly just look silently reading i had to respond to this post,i have noticed these behaviors and almost cried when i read JM's response lol funniest thing i think i've ever read from him.

noone has ever said sims were smart if they were the stupid vampires wouldn't try to sunbathe,i love playing the vampires but they always cook themselves,until i got carrigons hack now i almost miss watching them poof.but if you want to watch something really funny use boolpro with the insim and click cure vampirism they burst into flames then are fine and look around like some other sim did it to them.almsot as if there is missing animation from the default setting hack free cheat free they turn transparent and poof leaving a pile of ashes.b4 JM rips my lips off i use the hacks some but wind up playing without them because i either forget them are am trying to do something in particular within the game.

but i cannot play the game without JM's fixes it just doesn't work right without his stuff lol

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 07, 09:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this too. I made the mistake of giving a table to one of my families as it seemed like a great idea...  Angry Stupid, stupid me.

Oh, has anyone else spotted how easily simmies are provoked into rage now. I've had several spontaneous fights when a sim has been followed just so the antagoniser can get the boot in. Did I laugh? Oh, you bet...  Grin

Meh...
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 09, 14:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that simce Nl "addictive" objects seem even more addictive. While before my sims would have to be in the same room as the musical instruments now they'll go 10 miles through a raging blizzard to use them.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 09, 21:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imagine.

It's not as if real human beings would stay up too late into the night, hunched over a computer screen, playing a silly game, when they have work the next morning.

Roll Eyes

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 09, 22:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like very much the poker game. I invite two friends, and they can play poker "forever", giving me some "space" to care about the kids and teens...Smiley.

I wouldn't use a hack to stop this addiction...Smiley.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 09, 22:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imagine.

It's not as if real human beings would stay up too late into the night, hunched over a computer screen, playing a silly game, when they have work the next morning.

Roll Eyes

Yes, but would we sit in our own puddles of piss whilst doing it??......er actually...........nevermind  Undecided

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 09, 23:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just as soon not have poker tables on my community lots, but I did find an excellent use for one.

One of my favorite houses was one I lived in for a while.  My mother drew up the basic layout and they had someone build it for them.  The kitchen has a poker table almost exactly like the one in the game, and previously I'd been using the round dining table in the same place, but I took those out because I prefer my Sims to eat at the formal dining table.

I'd never have bought the poker table myself, but my Sim married a townie who had one in his inventory, along with some other small stuff.  I finally broke down and placed the table and bought 4 chairs for it, and called a couple of Sims to have a party.

They did nothing but play poker until the party was at about 2 hours left and the party score was Not Bad.  At that point I had one of my Sims stop playing and socialize, as the main point of having guests over was to get their relationships maximized. 

But watching the poker game in that house was very much like how it was when my parents were still alive and living there, having poker parties at least once a week.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 10, 15:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that I've been wondering about, concerning poker. Is there any skill involved? Or is the winner of a given round determined randomly? There doesn't seem to be a "hidden skill," based on my adventures in debug mode. Both of the other two hidden skill objects (radio and pool table) have a way to examine the effects of different levels of skill, but the poker table has nothing along those lines. Is it affected by normal skill? Because if it's not, and poker is entirely random, it's not a very good simulation of poker. There are people who can make a living as professional poker players, because it's not completely random.
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 10, 15:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm suprised everyone says the poker table is addictive. I placed one in one of my houses and no one went near it for three days so I assumed it was non-autonomous and got rid of it because I'm too lazy to be a control freak. As for skilling it may be the same as the bowling alley which doesn't show any skills in debug mode but my sims have used it so much that now they throw nothing but strikes. It's pretty annoying because thay do that celebration dance everytime.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 11, 12:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather they were addicted to objects than interactions! At least then I can simply not buy the addictive object, whereas with an interaction they are continuously farting/flinging water at one another/ trying to kick bags and moaning. However, xptl297 posted the following on Variousimmers. I have used it to make the bookcases nonautonomous and it works:

cloning for absolute illiterate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a mini-tut (sort of) for the way I modified a bed to be children only. I have the "no kids in double-beds patch", but I don't have any "NoParents in the kids bed patch". So, my problem was solved this way.

1 - Open SimPe (supposed that you have everything installed and working properly)

2 - On the upper left corner you find a drop down menu (File, Extra, Plugins, Help). Choose Plugins.

3 - In the next drop down menu (installed Plugins) most will be greyed but at least five will be dark blue (Scan folders, Neighborhood Browser, Hash Generator, Objects Workshop, Photo Studio). Choose Objects Workshop. Please Wait ...

4 - The next dialog has three card folders (Object Listing, Grouped Objects, Load Object). The grouped Object is already selected.

5 - Let's look for the Craftmeister Pine Bed that will be my Children Only Bed. It is located in the Seating )group). Item 31 down the list.
You will see the thumbnail in the bottom corner of the dialog screen so you know it is the correct one. Select "clone" and accept all the clone setting.
They were chosen by people who know more than us. Click Start.

6 - Next dialog screen shows a lot of options that can be changed. Remember that we are illiterate. Accept everything. Click OK.

7 - Next dialog is about saving, where you should stablish where your package should be saved. By default the last folder you've been working will be chosen. So, if this folder was one of your neighborhood, too bad, but you can always browse to a new folder or even create one if you forgot to do it beforehand.

8 - OK, give a new name to your package (I named it CheapChildrenOnlyBed). Save it.

9 - By default SimPe will open your new package immediately, so a lot of work is saved.

10 - All the info about the components of your package will be displayed (Audio Reference, Behaviour Constant, Behaviour function, ...) classified as FileTypes.

11 - Down this window you have another card folder where four folders are to be chosen (General Overview, Packed File, Uncompressed Data, Plugin View). Choose Plugin view as active card folder. Forget all the others, remember we are still illiterate.

12 - Go up to the File Types and choose Pie Menu Functions. On the right side (Packed File) you will find the Type "untitled tree table. Pie Menu Fun...). Click on it.

13 - On the bottom of the card folder Plugin View you will see the item "interactions" referring to the commands related to the bed (sleep, make bed, jump on bed, relax, tuck in, etc). Some options are double and I suppose (nb I suppose) that one of them is for community lots (need confirmation). Choose Sleep to start with.

14- On the right side is the "settings" options where you see the field "Flags" to be crossed or uncrossed. I decided that this bed will be children only. So all is that to do is to uncross all the options for "Adults, elders and teens". Don't touch the others. I never uncross "Demo child" because I SUPPOSE it has something to do with the tutorial for TS2. The option "visitor has no effect in the present case but is useful when in double beds, when if you uncross it, no visitor can join your Sim for woohoo (need confirmation too).

15 - You have to do this flag uncrossing for all of the items in the field interaction. I suggest that the item 0x2 "make bed" is left alone, because then everybody else can make bed, not only the children. If you wish that children stop jumping on the bed, uncross this too.

16 - After done, go to the bottom of SimPe screen, right side, you find a push buttom "Commit File". Click on it. "Changes are committed". It means all your changes were accepted and accomplished.

17 - Go up to the main drop down menu (upper left) and choose "File - save".
You are not ready.

18 - Go down to "FileTypes" and choose Material Override. On the right side you will see many lines. Don't bother, highlight everything, right click (oops, I suppose right click. I'm left handed and for me is left-click, so you must know the right step)
You get a new drop down menu. Choose delete.
You will be scared with the dialog "Are you sure?". Say OK.
This step (deleting Material Override) will avoid that your clone provoke a lot of copies of itself inside the catalog.

19 - Again go to the bottom of SimPe and click "Commit File". Again go to the upper left drop down meny and do "File - Save". Now you are done.

20 - Close SimPe. Open Explorer and find your new file package. You will find two files there, one with extention .bak
Everytime you save a file in SimPe, a .bak file is created. At this point the file is unuseful, so delete it.
Transfer your new clone to your "Downloads" folder. I suggest you create a sub-folder "Testing" to make easy to find it again in case of any problem or future modifications (when we are no more so illiterate).

Now, when you play TS2, the bed "Craftmeister Pine Bed" will have an asterist like custom items and will be available only for children.
It was useful for me.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 11, 12:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sims will use these kind of objects forever because if they didn't we wouldn't be able to see the hole game animation form start to end, and sim couldn't win the game if they leave before it ends, therefore not satisfying the "win a game agains someone" want. just like the chess table.

However they should also be stucked to the pool table and the darts.

You can always "shoo" any non-controlable sim from these obsessive objects, if you want them to stop
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 12, 08:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I delete the item. Control of sims should be rigorously pursued as the little deevils, left to their own devices, invariably cock up. God complex much?  Grin

Meh...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: