More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:29:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Disposing Balloons causes Macrotastics Error (Error Log)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disposing Balloons causes Macrotastics Error (Error Log)  (Read 2474 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Disposing Balloons causes Macrotastics Error (Error Log)
« on: 2007 August 08, 07:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely throw parties and never use the Maxis balloon centerpieces, but my daughter always does. She just uses another neighborhood in my game, so we share the Downloads folder and what affects one game affects the other. That said, every time she uses the Maxis balloons she has a problem at cleanup time.

The error occurs whenever someone tries to dispose of them in a regular Maxis trash can. The error is thrown by both Macrotastics when told to Macro>clean, and Christianlov's NPCs, if they are the ones to clean up. She is unsure whether she gets an error if a Sim is directed to throw them away.

Here is one example from her error logs. Can someone tell me what the problem is?
« Last Edit: 2007 August 08, 07:58:47 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Disposing Balloons causes Macrotastics Error (Error Log)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 08, 07:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is with the latest version? I think I've encountered the balloon centerpiece bug before, but was never able to reproduce it, and couldn't find any apparent cause.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Disposing Balloons causes Macrotastics Error (Error Log)
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 08, 08:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is with the latest version of Macrotastics.

The balloon problem for her has been an ongoing one, dating way back to a couple of expansions ago. But before now, she had her own computer with her own downloads folder, and she had some pretty strange stuff in it. So I never reported the error.

Since then, her game completely blew up (big surprise considering her non-awesome usage). So now she uses a neighborhood off of my game so I can keep her from driving me nuts with errors. So now that I know what she is using in her game, I felt the error needed reported. She has errors every time she disposes of the balloons.

She states that she has always thrown away the balloons after they have deflated, and not tried throwing them away while they still contain 'air'.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: