More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 15:55:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bloody Seasons. Help you awesome lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bloody Seasons. Help you awesome lot  (Read 3664 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Bloody Seasons. Help you awesome lot
« on: 2007 August 02, 17:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Seasons I am plagued with random and inexplicable freezes. This is so bad I have had to uninstall the buggering thing in order to play at all.

I was careful to remove hacks I knew were incompatible before I installed it, the computer (a mac) is well over minimum specification to run the game. It's a dual-processor PowerMac G5 with 4GB SDRAM, an ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card and 28 GB free space on the hard drive but whatever I did, including turning down the graphics settings to minimum,  the freezes persisted.

This bloody machine is gonna get an entirely different sort of boot up its sodding hard drive. Have any of you awesome folk any ideas at all as to what might be causing this? Or do I have to face the torment of Aspyr's so-called "technical support?"

Any suggestions accepted with pathetic gratitude.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Bloody Seasons. Help you awesome lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 02, 18:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may not help at all, but here goes: I was experiencing freezes and Blue Screen of Death after installing Seasons.  Updating the graphics card drivers fixed it.  Of course, this was a long-standing problem with Nvidia graphics cards, and I had to wait for them to create new drivers that would fix the problem, but .... it's all I have to offer you.  Hopefully someone More Awesome than I will come by.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 03, 03:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you followed the standard test of removing all downloads to see if the problem continues?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
shallow_kid
Asinine Airhead

It's always Caturday here.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 04, 06:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the exact same problem, but not with a Mac.  Still, my computer is only a few months old and shouldn't be getting owned by Seasons every frikkin time I play it.

I came for the J.M. Pescado stalking.  I stayed for the J.M. Pescado stalking.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 06, 14:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first step is clearly to update GPU drivers as per phyllisp.  Then, check if the game runs smoothly in "Vanilla" mode (no hacks, cc, etc) as akatonbo suggested.  If you are still running in to problems, it is possible shader intensive Seasons is not playing nicely with an ATI 9xxx series card, especially if you have a model using SM2.0.  If this is the case, your best bet is to try the command "boolProp enablePostProcessing false".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: