More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 07, 09:20:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a hack to make awnings always drop with walls?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a hack to make awnings always drop with walls?  (Read 4217 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Is there a hack to make awnings always drop with walls?
« on: 2007 July 29, 07:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed yesterday that the awnings sometimes drop with the walls and sometimes don't. Is there a hack to fix it so they always drop with walls and if not, would someone like to make one? 

What's the reason some drop and some don't so I can build them right first time?  Awnings on terraces over foundations were most annoying, both of those had problems on the 2 lots I played.  I had a problem with ground level awnings on one lot, but not on another.  So it can't be foundation. 

It's a pain in the neck to play a lot where an awning won't drop because you can't see the sims without messing around with the camera angle.  I've used the OFB awnings on a lot of business lots and started adding them to houses in the Seasons to keep sun and lightning off my sims!  I've noticed the problems while I've been playing the lots in Seasons, but it could have been there in OFB.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Is there a hack to make awnings always drop with walls?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 29, 08:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using different types of awnings on different lots? I've noticed that the Shade-a-Sim awning (the cheapest one that looks like metal and glass) drops with walls, whilst the ones that look like cloth (I don't remember their name, but they come in dark solids and stripes) don't. I think the storybook-themed awnings drop, but I don't remember for sure.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 29, 09:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were all cloth awnings, but I'll check that out. 

That glass one looks nice on modern buildings except that it's at the wrong height against full height windows.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 29, 09:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It also cuts into the tops of some doors, but since I don't see the awning when I play, and the sims don't seem to mind, I just leave it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 30, 07:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ignore it in my own game, but when I'm building for upload, it's a pain taking pics that make it look nice!
I forgot to check the awnings last night to see if I can pinpoint the problem more specifically........  Sorry.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 02, 10:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built residential and community lots to test the awnings.  I built 3 awnings of each kind to test free standing, against a wall on the ground and against a wall on a foundation.  All dropped with the wall - everytime.  So it's not the type of awning.

Maybe it's something that happens in game?  I noticed two that stayed up particularly.  One was against a wall on the ground with a hairdresser salon under it - the other was on an upstairs balcony.  I remember I had to use a lot of building cheats to get that balcony how I wanted it.

rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 02, 14:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a lot that had a house on a foundation, with a separate awning over the driveway, and the awning wouldn't drop. So maybe it has to do with the objects underneath?

katatonic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 02, 16:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a business lot that has awnings in the front.  I'm sure that they dropped when I built it, because that is the only angle that would have an unobstructed view of the entire building.  I don't know at what point this changed, but the awnings no longer drop.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 07, 08:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So awnings that dropped perfectly well on a new lot, stop dropping after being played for a while.  That's certainly true on a couple of my lots though I couldn't swear to it in all cases.  I'll have to look at the objects under them I suppose.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: