More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:20:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Regarding Custom Default Eyes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Regarding Custom Default Eyes  (Read 3077 times)
Skarlath
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Regarding Custom Default Eyes
« on: 2007 July 24, 02:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a set of Seomi default eyes that I use to replace the ugly Maxis eyes. I've been using them for a long time, so I decided it was time for a change. I surfed MTS2 and found some beautiful new default eyes made by Barcelonista.

My Problem:

I deleted the Seomi default eyes and replaced them with Barcelonista's. However, the sims in my game still have the Seomi default eyes. I assumed it was a problem with Barcelonista's defaults so I downloaded and tested other defaults but the same thing happens. My sims still have the old defaults!

I've read old topics here on MATY regarding default eyes and I've also searched on MTS2, but I can't seem to find out what's wrong!
I've had my sims go to the mirror and I've checked on CAS, but to no avail! It seems the old defaults will prevail!  Cry

I've emptied out my downloads folder numerous times, just in case the old defaults were still there.

What the frickety frack am I doing wrong? Am I making sense? Any suggestions, comments and/or poking with sticks will be much appreciated. I am at your mercy.  Smiley

If I could go back and do it all over again, I'D KILL MORE PEOPLE.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Regarding Custom Default Eyes
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 24, 02:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Try letting the game regenerate the "The Sims 2" folder, I suppose. Back up your stuff first. Try putting your new defaults in a new downloads folder. See if it works then, and if so, try putting your folders back in one by one.
Skarlath
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 24, 02:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Try letting the game regenerate the "The Sims 2" folder.

By this you mean deleting that folder entirely and then running the game? Btw, thanks so much, any suggestion is major help.

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 24, 02:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...does not compute...

If the files are not in the game then the game should not be able to load them.  Also, I am wondering if it is just the portraits that show the old eyes or the sims 'in person'?  The portraits are images generated at a particular instant in game time and would need to be regenerated with a makeover, like at the mirror, to show the new eyes.  If the sims are showing the old eyes 'in person', then the files must still be in there, somewhere. 

Maybe try removing all default sets to see if you can get the mEAxis originals to show first.  You might also want to try Delphy's Download Organizer from MTS2, since it should easily identify default replacement files regardless of the filename.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Skarlath
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 24, 03:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The actual sims show the old eyes.

You might also want to try Delphy's Download Organizer from MTS2

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Edit: It worked! I used the organizer and found the files, which I promptly deleted. Then, I put in the new defaults and voila! Thanks so much!  Cheesy Yay!
« Last Edit: 2007 July 24, 04:03:48 by Skarlath » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: