More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 00:21:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Need advanced info on careers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need advanced info on careers  (Read 2411 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Need advanced info on careers
« on: 2007 July 19, 21:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Syberspunk suggested I'd ask if I could make a thread in the bowels, but since I don't feel anywhere near as tall as Pescado's beefy arm, I'm posting her.

I've spent a couple of days reading career tutorials over at MTS2, and from that I have definitely learned all I need to know to make a basic career without anything fancy, but that would be boring, wouldn't it.
Luckily I stumbled across a really old tutorial first, and thus built an entire career the hard way before I even noticed there was a career editor plug-in in SimPE.
The tutorial in question did not deal with carpool vehicles or uniforms, so I had to dig through a few more threads to find out what I wanted to know about that.  And then I had to search some more to find out how to make custom career rewards.
At this point my brain is about to explode with frustration; not because any of this is difficult or hard to understand in any way, in fact I was surprised at how easy most of it was, but to find ANY information I had to wade through a ton of really old forum pages where every other post was "what is simpe?", "wut is guid?" or "omg, this is hard, plz expluin simplr!".
Other than that most of the threads are old, usually dealing with updating careers for EP1, and half the links are dead.

These are the things I haven't found an answer to:
BCONs:
Life Score What does this do?
Tuning Apparently 0x0 is the number of career levels, and 0x5 is the level the career reward gets handed out.  What do the rest of them do?
Tuning – PTO From what I could tell, someone had a theory that this had to do with vacation days or something.  Can anyone shed some light?
Tuning - Flags ?

Is there something like an advanced career creator library?  Considering that I'm still working on my first career, I should hardly call myself an advanced anything, but it drives me crazy to leave things when I don't know what they do.

I'm going to leave this to generalities for now, and continue on to the specific things I want to do with my career if I find that there really is help available out there.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: