More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 09:10:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Stupid Cow won't go to work.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Cow won't go to work.  (Read 3590 times)
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Stupid Cow won't go to work.
« on: 2007 June 22, 19:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just come across this problem today:

I married the Cow Mascot into my Apocalypse family.  Today ("today" in game time, of course) was supposed to have been his first day at his new job in the Military career track.  His wife just gave birth to their first child last night.  She has the day off today to take care of him.  The challenge rules restrict the hiring of nannies, but since they have alternating days off for the next half a week, this wasn't going to be a problem yet.  Except that the damned Cow won't go to work.  The carpool comes, he spins into his uniform, and then I get the message that says something like "I can't possibly leave the little one at home alone!" and he refuses to go to the carpool.  Never mind that his wife is still home, changing the baby's diaper.  The family also owns a car that the wife usually takes to work, but since she isn't using it I thought I might be able to direct him to drive to work using the owned car.  No such luck; he still refuses to leave the baby "alone".  This is a problem because the challenge rules state that a sim that misses work for any reason must quit their job.

I quit without saving and tried again, same thing happened.  Turned debug mode on, got no error of any kind.  This neighborhood is only a month old, with no hacks/mods other than 4 awesome fixes, only the one Uni subhood, no DAC, no downloaded occupied lots, only cleaned clothing and furniture CC.

So... any ideas on how to fix this, or at least work around it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Stupid Cow won't go to work.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 22, 20:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the lot debugger. Have mommy be active, then click on the debugger. Choose "Fix-Work State". It sounds like the game thinks she's away. Just a thought.

Stupid rule in the Apoc challenge, anyways. In a post-apocalyptic world, procreation is of utmost importance (after food, anyways). No one would be penalized for time away to make babies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 22, 20:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wunderbar!  I'd never used the lot debugger before, but there's a first time for everything.

ETA: Um, I just tried, but there is no option to Fix... Work State.  The only option under Fix is to Age Body.  Am I missing something?  Should I click on Age Body, or leave it be?
« Last Edit: 2007 June 22, 20:40:08 by SnootCB » Logged
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 22, 20:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that this was a bug in one of the expansions, that was fixed by a patch.  Can't remember which one, though.

Gee, that wasn't very helpful.  Sorry.  Undecided

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 23, 01:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get sshack, that should fix it by making that dialog overrideable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 23, 07:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried getting the 'cow' to hire a nanny to track his work schedule? Or are nannies not allowed?

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 23, 18:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried getting the 'cow' to hire a nanny to track his work schedule? Or are nannies not allowed?

No nannies allowed yet.

I'm looking for sshack right now, I'll be back in a bit with a report.

Edit: Yup, that did the trick.  Thanks so much for your help.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 23, 20:29:02 by SnootCB » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: