More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 19:00:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Correcting/Creating Sibling Relations in SimPE -- Possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Correcting/Creating Sibling Relations in SimPE -- Possible?  (Read 4857 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Correcting/Creating Sibling Relations in SimPE -- Possible?
« on: 2007 June 10, 02:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I should never set up new 'hoods when I'm tired: I created a couple of sims in CAS, but forgot to make them siblings, as planned, and now they are attracted to each other (ewwww). I've been reading tutorials and futzing with SimPE for days, to no avail. As far as I can tell, it's easy to set sims as parents/children of one another, but there seems to be no way to set them as siblings. Am I just blind, or is there really no way to make siblings using SimPE? I would like to fix this without completely deleting these sims, and all that such a thing would entail (removing dangling SWAFs, relationships, etc). Does anybody know how I can correct this (admittedly stupid) situation?

*NVA bats eyelashes as though that might actually work

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Correcting/Creating Sibling Relations in SimPE -- Possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 10, 02:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though this information is quite useless, I do remember talking with Eric at InSim saying something about the sibling relations being much more complex than the other familial relations. I don't think he ever figured out to do it, but I haven't touched the InSIMenator in ages.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 10, 02:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can make them siblings in SimPe, and it's rather easy.  You just have to open the Sim Relations panel, find the sims, and when you do, highlight the other intended sibling. Then just look to the right, and you'll see a drop-down list of relationships -- choose sibling, and save that sim. 

Then just go and do the same for the other sibling, and you're done.  Or, if you have the insimenator, there is a relationship adjuster on it that will also do the same thing.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 10, 03:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that was easy. Naturally, I'd tried everything BUT the Sim Relations route. Roll Eyes

*NVA feels silly but appreciates the help

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 10, 03:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to fix them in the Family Ties panel as well or else they don't show on the family tree.  (So to recap, you fix in two places -- Sim Relations and Family Ties).

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 10, 04:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the InSiminator does sibling relationships (at least it didn't as of the version I've used in my game).  I've gotten around that when I didn't feel like quitting out of the game (back when my processor meant it would take ages if I tabbed) by making them each the child of a random townie, checking their ties, then breaking the ties with the townie.  For some reason, they will gain a sibling tie from sharing a parent, and it does not go away unless you sever it again yourself, even if you sever parental ties.

SimPE's much easier to change relationships with, in my opinion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: