More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 02:23:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't visit community lot (Uni+NL)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't visit community lot (Uni+NL)  (Read 10310 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Can't visit community lot (Uni+NL)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 16, 04:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate that house, I'm afraid!  All those dark and dismal corners and odd shaped rooms that are just one tile width too small!

I actually find it quicker to start from scratch than to redesign an existing house, especially if you're doing it in game and not in build mode before loading a family to it, as you can't just demolish walls etc. as you want without losing toilets, wall lights etc.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 16, 04:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate that house, I'm afraid!  All those dark and dismal corners and odd shaped rooms that are just one tile width too small!

I actually find it quicker to start from scratch than to redesign an existing house, especially if you're doing it in game and not in build mode before loading a family to it, as you can't just demolish walls etc. as you want without losing toilets, wall lights etc.
Well, I meant I liked the house as in one I might like to live in myself, but it's not Sim-friendly. Smiley  I might have to try my hand at building now that I have a few basics and a little experience under my belt.  One of my favorite houses is the Family Farmhouse that comes in the bin.  Lots of room for a growing family, and if you take the fireplace out of the kitchen and add more countertops, you have even more room. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 16, 04:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that house does work quite well - I often end up with Beau living in it. The craftsman house is quite good too, although I still prefer my own.

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 16, 15:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of the original houses are bugged or unplayable!  If I use them it's usually only after I've made considerable changes to the layout.

I agree. Many of them look nice, but they are usually unplayable in some way without changes: unusable paths, flower beds can't be watered, shrubs can't be accessed, doors stuck open. I don't think they were "played" in testing for very long. Some kitchens are too small or lack adequate counter space.  But, they were a good starting point - didn't have to make any houses to start the game and they did give me some ideas as to how I could design a house.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 16, 15:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Not played in testing," nuffin'.  Anyone who's played any version of The Sims quickly learns what you can or can't pull off.  Thus, those houses were built either by people who never actually played the game or by people who thought they were being artsy.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 17, 04:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, they were a good starting point - didn't have to make any houses to start the game and they did give me some ideas as to how I could design a house.

Or not.........

"Not played in testing," nuffin'.  Anyone who's played any version of The Sims quickly learns what you can or can't pull off.  Thus, those houses were built either by people who never actually played the game or by people who thought they were being artsy

The kitchens are unnecessary too - Kitchen diners are much more sim-friendly, and they don't keep leaving the serving dish unwashed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: