More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 17:57:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom paintings and moving / inventory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom paintings and moving / inventory  (Read 7356 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Custom paintings and moving / inventory
« on: 2006 March 11, 10:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had four custom paintings of Sims who had died on the lot. Placed the paintings in inventory, moved to a new lot, and they turned into the default yellow & orange sunset painting.  Embarrassed

Does this happen for all custom paintings? Is there any way to get the original paintings back?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Custom paintings and moving / inventory
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 11, 20:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Oh, I hope I don't run into that.
What about moving custom paintings to a business lot to sell, someone please tell me they had a sim buy a painting from someone's business, then when the painting was placed on the purchaser's lot it was okay! I so want an art gallery where Darren Dreamer sells pictures of his hats.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 12, 00:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked on my legacy lot the other night and found that the photobooth pictures had blanked out, they were of the deceased founder in his adult stage and his 2nd gen son with his wife in their adult years. Sad  Strangely though, I found that at the greek house were still two that were just fine.  Why is that?
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 12, 00:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked on my legacy lot the other night and found that the photobooth pictures had blanked out, they were of the deceased founder in his adult stage and his 2nd gen son with his wife in their adult years. Sad  Strangely though, I found that at the greek house were still two that were just fine.  Why is that?

My photobooth pics had blanked out and were lying on the ground instead of on the wall. But when I picked them up and put them back on the wall they were fine.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 12, 00:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were on the ground, but the legacy lot ones weren't fine.  They were that flashy blue colour that custom content goes like when something is wrong.  Four of them on the legacy lot were like it, but the two at the greek house were fine once I put them on the wall. 
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 12, 00:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had four custom paintings of Sims who had died on the lot. Placed the paintings in inventory, moved to a new lot, and they turned into the default yellow & orange sunset painting.  Embarrassed

Does this happen for all custom paintings? Is there any way to get the original paintings back?

This did happen to me back in November. The artist had actually moved out and died on a different lot but when I put the painting in the son's inventory and moved the family to a new house the custom painting of his dad turned into the "sunset painting." I was pretty cheesed off but like you I have no idea of how to get the original painting back.  Cry
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 20, 04:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen for all custom paintings?

I haven't seen this happen yet in my pre-OFB game.  I have a family who has moved 2 or 3 times, and every time the paintings (placed in the father's inventory) are fine.  One of them was a portrait of the father's dead son, and it also transported successfully.  Do you use any hacks that may be affecting the paintings? And this may be irrelevant, but whenever my Sim paints a portrait of a family member, I always select the "paint Landscape" rather than "paint Portrait" option, simply because it doesn't involve the subject having to lie around for hours.  Tongue

Max
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 31, 17:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched many sites for this topic, stepped into MATY this way, just to find the topic dead...

#gulp#

Here i go:

The textures of custom paintings vanished much to often, so it became very annoying to me.
With the new option to paint custom content i was able to reproduce them by backups that i made with SimPE, still annoying.
BUT!
I discovered that textures increased in size over the limit set by the game and where replaced therefore by the orange glow.

The problem is growing of texture files.

How can i fix this?

Until now I repaint them with my backups...
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 31, 20:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to see you again, Pegasys.

I haven't tried moving portraits with the inventory but I did have one custom portrait still on the easel and when that Sim died, the portrait vanished. 

Quite a crappy thing to happen if you're trying to preserve some family history.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 31, 20:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to see you again, Pegasys.

I haven't tried moving portraits with the inventory but I did have one custom portrait still on the easel and when that Sim died, the portrait vanished. 

Quite a crappy thing to happen if you're trying to preserve some family history.
*pets the chuzzle*
It's necromancy, ZiggyDoodle. The thread is from early 2006.

This is why necromancy is bad.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 31, 20:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh CRAP!  I'm an idiot for not checking the date but the bigger idiot is snabul.

And here I thought Pegasys had given up on Second Life and was back simming. 

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 31, 20:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flee!  Flee the necromancy!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: