More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:38:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problem with Seasons and save files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with Seasons and save files  (Read 2698 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Problem with Seasons and save files
« on: 2007 May 25, 09:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finally managed to get a copy of Pets and also Seasons from ... er ... somewhere (still haven't got my cd-drive fixed) but I've run into a problem.  Both of them crash once the music and the images finish and the screen changes to the blue boxes.  I may be wrong, but isn't the game meant to load neighbourhoods & stuff into the file in My Documents?  All I'm getting there under EA Games is Teleport & Logs.  Even when I put my entire EA Games folder back in, the same thing happened.  I reinstalled Pets on its own and still it wouldn't work. I didn't bother removing my folder this time as I had a back-up on my other partition, except the damn installer deleted them both.  I can't get my SimPE back-up in, because there are no neighbourhoods available in it.  All the data from pets is there, but I just can't get the game to load it.   I'm using Daemon Tools & I've tried SD4Hide and SD4Sucks, but neither of them work.  I'm at a loss to know what to do now.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Problem with Seasons and save files
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 25, 09:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necro!

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Problem with Seasons and save files
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 06:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finally managed to get a copy of Pets and also Seasons from ... er ... somewhere (still haven't got my cd-drive fixed) but I've run into a problem.  Both of them crash once the music and the images finish and the screen changes to the blue boxes.  I may be wrong, but isn't the game meant to load neighbourhoods & stuff into the file in My Documents?  All I'm getting there under EA Games is Teleport & Logs.  Even when I put my entire EA Games folder back in, the same thing happened.  I reinstalled Pets on its own and still it wouldn't work. I didn't bother removing my folder this time as I had a back-up on my other partition, except the damn installer deleted them both.  I can't get my SimPE back-up in, because there are no neighbourhoods available in it.  All the data from pets is there, but I just can't get the game to load it.   I'm using Daemon Tools & I've tried SD4Hide and SD4Sucks, but neither of them work.  I'm at a loss to know what to do now.
And this happens even if you entirely remove the EAGAME~1 tree and try to force the game to generate another one? Which version are you using? You have tried the obvious reinstallation panaceas?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: