More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 24, 12:24:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Community lot pauses with Seasons?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community lot pauses with Seasons?  (Read 4473 times)
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Community lot pauses with Seasons?
« on: 2007 May 03, 06:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Seasons, I've been getting these weird pauses on community lots sometimes.  It doesn't always happen, and I've been trying to figure out why it happens.

Basically, usually after being on a community lot for say, 5 minutes or so, the game just pauses for a second or two every 20-25 seconds. It's not graphical related, because it doesn't skip any frames of animation, it just simply freeze for a second (although sounds continue), then continues where it left off.  (And I've tried playing with the graphic settings and such).

Anyway, I've been taking out hacks to see if any of them was the culprit (since I'm not sure when it started, I know it was after seasons, but not sure when after seasons).  And I noticed that it only seems to occur when Mrs. Crumplebottom is on a lot (and happens after she shows up).  I used to use the visitor controller from here (which I think automatically gets rid of her), and got it then, so I dunno if it's actually her, or the routine that triggers her or something.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Could it be my objects.package with the Crumplebottom data got corrupted?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Community lot pauses with Seasons?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 03, 17:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you're short on memory with all the sims it has to draw on the lot, and so the slight slowdowns when it calculates chances of new people coming on to the lot are turning into noticeable pauses. Try removing some CC, or going to smaller lots.

INFP or something
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 03, 19:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could depend on the lot and which season it is at the time.  I say this because I took a sim to Woodland Park in Pleasantview without any problems whatsoever. I took the same sim to the park a couple of sim days later and had short pauses every few seconds. Finally I realized that the first time I was at the park it was summer. The second time it was fall.  I think it may have had something to do with so many trees and the falling of dozens of leaves all at once.  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 06, 13:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything which results in a large amount of texture loading will cause severe lag, especially if your CC quantity has exceeded the recommended half-of-system-RAM. The amount of built-in-content is currently estimated at being about 1-2 GB, which alone requires 2-4 GBs of RAM on your system to load. Combined with habitual offenders that load 13 GBs of CC, and your computer would require over 30 GBs of RAM to fully handle this, which no computer presently has. Thus, massive disk thrashing and lag results.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 06, 19:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be caused by sims having water balloon fights, or it is on my computer anyway. It took me a while to figure out what was causing all the pauses in my game, but I noticed a slight lag every time a sim tried to start a water balloon fight and an even bigger lag if I tried to start one myself on a small lot without much space outside. Then get a message saying to clear up some space. Its a pain in the neck when they try to play with a sim thats busy, then they try again with another sim, then another and its pausing every few seconds  Undecided

The weird thing is my new 5x5 lot lags a lot less than my old smaller lot which makes me think its just the game struggling to find space for the sims to go and play. I stopped going to the Lulu lounge and I dont get bugged by as much lag, my romance sims just have to settle for the Photo Booth at Crypt 'O Night Club instead of the hot tub now. The hot tub warms the sims up and they try to cool off with a water balloon fight...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 06, 19:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to get a lot of lag when any sims with Peggy or XM sims hair turned up at the lot. It also used to lag loads if I phoned any of these sims while it brought up their picture icon.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 09, 12:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the water balloon one as well. My computer lags noticeably when the game tries to generate the balloon. I put in the squinge no autonomous water balloon fights and have lots less trouble (they still do the prank one, but they don't do that so often - you can put in a no pranking hack to take care of that too).

Unsouper
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 20, 02:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My residential lot just started this. It was fine a few sim days before. Its a large lot and I have 6gigs of downloads so I was surprised when it was working fine. Now all of a sudden lag, I was expecting some problem but not for it to not be there from the start. I can only assume its the leaves thing that was mentioned above as it just turned fall. Crap, I like wolves showing up.
Well at least I know i didn't do it while fiddling with the simlogical stuff.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: